I need my wifi!!

If your going to comment like that how about backing it up with why you think it's ridiculous?

Seriously? How would you like me to back it up?? It is ridiculous for someone to assume that something is wrong with one's employer or with one's work setting if there is a need to be accessible and to have access.

Even though I’m not home there’s

Somebody at my house petsitting

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would be even more concerned....last week we took a vacation. All of us except my oldest who just started her first job out of college (yay!). I didn't post anything as I didn't want someone going to our house to rob it, thinking it was empty, then finding a 22 year old woman there alone. Not a good scenario. But I probably worry too much!

Its definitely not a MUST for me to have but when I do have it I use it to check in online for my flights before disembarkation, reading the daily news with my coffee, streaming my favorite sports teams and thats about it or if I have to do something specific for work. I won't get it unless I kinda have to for work but when I do I'll use it for a few convenient things but keeping in contact with the people on board isnt one of them

I know a lot of people love to post to Facebook while on a cruise....aren't you worried that it sends a HUGE notice telling everyone you know, "I am not home and won't be all week"? I like posting a few pictures from vacation, but my rule is I do it when I get back home. I don't let my kids post, either.

Luckily, after you post on Facebook, you can then monitor your home using all of the new Nest and Blink camera technology!

Seriously, I always get it and I don’t even need it for work (although I will check my work email as it is only me and another person in my office). I don’t post on Facebook (although I seriously doubt anyone would get through security in my building even if I did!) Like others, I also have an elderly parent (and pets). As it was also commented, I’m probably reading a book off of my phone rather than being online anyways (although I am definitely using it because I have it!)

We own a business, so unfortunately for us, that means we cannot unplug for extended periods of time. My husband needs the WiFi and usually ends up working a couple hours a day. Luckily, the ship WiFi keeps improving which means we get to take longer cruises if we choose[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Seriously? How would you like me to back it up?? It is ridiculous for someone to assume that something is wrong with one's employer or with one's work setting if there is a need to be accessible and to have access.
Agree with you Kelly. I relax better knowing I've cleared up any problems or directed someone to do something etc. It doesn't take long and I enjoy a lot of fun things like social media (don't post) and videos.

The folks that assume that don't have jobs. ;)

The folks that assume that don't have jobs. ;)

Right?

Some people have jobs that they hate.

Some of us have careers, enjoy the work, and actually surprised that we get paid to do something we enjoy.

If I get to do that and I want to check on work to help a coworker maybe, or to answer a quick question, or maybe respond to a customer, then that’s on me.

Fascinating thread.

We had wifi purchased through the ship until our last cruise, where we only used our phones and international data plan through T-Mobile when in port.

The difference? Our son is no longer a minor, and we trust him to handle things at home while we are away.

Our next cruise is longer, with more sea days, so we will most likely be getting the package again, at least for one device.

I'm a graduate student, and there have been a few times I had to submit an assignment or document at a certain time.