Shadowmeboy's Star studded Christmas Mexican Riviera review!

shadowmeboy

IMG_0987-L.jpg

After crossing the Columbia, we climbed up into Grant County.

IMG_0988-L.jpg

The exit for George, Washington. Get it? George Washington...

We got off I90 just east of George. We traveled to Ephrata and Soap Lake. Past Soap Lake, we traveled past the Sun Lakes towards Coulee City.

IMG_0989-L.jpg

IMG_0990-L.jpg

IMG_0991-L.jpg

IMG_1004-L.jpg

IMG_1005-L.jpg

IMG_1005-L.jpg

Home Sweet Home!

IMG_1010-L.jpg

When we got out of the car, Susan was cold. She said she wanted to go back to Mexico.

I want to thank you all for following along on our Journey. I apologize for the length, but getting there and back is part of the experience. We had a blast and really enjoyed ourselves. I would do this itinerary again in a heartbeat. There are so many things to do in each of these ports.

Join me this summer as we embark on our 4th trip to Alaska! Vancouver BC to Seward, AK aboard the beautiful Norwegian Jewel!

Till then!

Feel free to ask any questions or leave a comment! Thank you for reading.

Edited by shadowmeboy

Thank you for your review! I’ve very much enjoyed it! You and Susan seem like fun people to be around. Would love to meet you guys some day. [emoji3]

Your welcome and I am glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you for the compliment about us. We try to have fun and enjoy ourselves! If the opportunity presents itself we would love to meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for sharing your trip and pictures. Every one of your pictures could be a postcard. Will you make a book of your pictures or print and frame some?

Did you also say you’re going on the Bliss out of NYC?

IMG_0836-L.jpg

We start getting into Oregon City. Yes, that Oregon City. The one you were trying to get to on Oregon Trail when you died of Dysentery.

Thanks for the great review. I've really enjoyed reading it.

I had to laugh at this and I wanted to share a video with you. It's the Pittsburgh Dad video about the Oregon (or in Pittsburgh-speak "Organ") Trail. You may not get some of the Pittsburgh-specific humor or character/football references, but it certainly brought back memories.

I'm looking forward to reading about your next trip!

Edited by brookie848

Thank you so much for sharing your trip and pictures. Every one of your pictures could be a postcard. Will you make a book of your pictures or print and frame some?

Did you also say you’re going on the Bliss out of NYC?

Thank you. I will print a few of the best photos to frame. I am still narrowing dowing my absolute favorites.

I need to update my signature line, but we are sailing on the Dawn out of NYC on a Canada/New England in 2019.

Thanks for the great review. I've really enjoyed reading it.

I had to laugh at this and I wanted to share a video with you. It's the Pittsburgh Dad video about the Oregon (or in Pittsburgh-speak "Organ") Trail. You may not get some of the Pittsburgh-specific humor or character/football references, but it certainly brought back memories.

I'm looking forward to reading about your next trip!

Thanks for reading and I am glad you enjoyed it.

That video was funny. Susan and I watched it this morning. I put that dysentery comment as a little tongue in cheek humor. See who was still paying attention!

I am glad you are looking forward to it. I am too. We are doing something new in each port.

Vancouver - hop on/hop off bus tour

Ketchikan - deadliest catch excursion

Juneau - renting a car/Mendenhall

Skagway - Dyea Dave tour to emerald lake

Glacier bay for the first time

Seward - Kenai Fjords boat tour

I am so excited for this trip! It also means a ton of pictures!!!

Thanks for the great review. You must have a terrific boss to allow you two weeks off during such a busy time of year.

He is a good boss.

Although we are much busier in the summer than in the winter. So it’s a little easier to get time off even in December.

Thanks for reading and I am glad you enjoyed it.

That video was funny. Susan and I watched it this morning. I put that dysentery comment as a little tongue in cheek humor. See who was still paying attention!

I am glad you are looking forward to it. I am too. We are doing something new in each port.

Vancouver - hop on/hop off bus tour

Ketchikan - deadliest catch excursion

Juneau - renting a car/Mendenhall

Skagway - Dyea Dave tour to emerald lake

Glacier bay for the first time

Seward - Kenai Fjords boat tour

I am so excited for this trip! It also means a ton of pictures!!!

We did the Deadliest Catch Excursion in 2014 when we were in Alaska and I have to say that was one of our favorite excursions. They really get the people involved and they act like they really love their job.

Truly enjoyed following along on this trip with your pictures and all the information you provided. We are on the Star in April from LA to Miami thru the Panama Canal and some of the info you gave is quite helpful for our trip. Safe travels in the future to you and your wife.

We did the Deadliest Catch Excursion in 2014 when we were in Alaska and I have to say that was one of our favorite excursions. They really get the people involved and they act like they really love their job.

Truly enjoyed following along on this trip with your pictures and all the information you provided. We are on the Star in April from LA to Miami thru the Panama Canal and some of the info you gave is quite helpful for our trip. Safe travels in the future to you and your wife.

Thanks for the confirmation on the excursion, it’s always been one of the ones I had seen and did some research on. It’s always good to hear from others who have taken it.

Thank you. I hope you enjoy your sailing on the Star! Glad that I could be of some help!

Safe travels to you as well!

IMG_0181-L.jpg

Matthew,

Just wanted to thank you for another great review! You and Susan always look so happy and are such fun, positive people!

And of course I love all your photos of our beautiful Washington state and your Seahawks gear and passion for the Hawks! Someday maybe our paths will cross on a cruise ship! It would be great fun watching a game together! One of our favorite cruise memories was on our Panama Canal cruise in 2016 with a bunch of Hawk fans we had never previously met watching the game together!

I couldn’t believe it when I saw this photo you posted from Cabo! We are staying at a resort in this photo (the one on the far right with the palapa bar) coming up here soon in February. We are also going on the same Luxury Day Sailing tour that you and Susan did with Cabo Adventures! We too are hoping to see some whales. We fell in love with Cabo when we stopped there on our Panama Canal cruise and are looking forward to spending a week there soon.

Thanks again for the great review. Glad you, Susan (and Theo!) are all back home safely.

Wishing you and Susan safe and happy travels and cruises in the future!

IMG_0181-L.jpg

Matthew,

Just wanted to thank you for another great review! You and Susan always look so happy and are such fun, positive people!

And of course I love all your photos of our beautiful Washington state and your Seahawks gear and passion for the Hawks! Someday maybe our paths will cross on a cruise ship! It would be great fun watching a game together! One of our favorite cruise memories was on our Panama Canal cruise in 2016 with a bunch of Hawk fans we had never previously met watching the game together!

I couldn’t believe it when I saw this photo you posted from Cabo! We are staying at a resort in this photo (the one on the far right with the palapa bar) coming up here soon in February. We are also going on the same Luxury Day Sailing tour that you and Susan did with Cabo Adventures! We too are hoping to see some whales. We fell in love with Cabo when we stopped there on our Panama Canal cruise and are looking forward to spending a week there soon.

Thanks again for the great review. Glad you, Susan (and Theo!) are all back home safely.

Wishing you and Susan safe and happy travels and cruises in the future!

Thank you for your kind words.

It would be great if we were on a ship at the same time! Especially on game day!

Glad I could capture the resort for you! On the excursion, sit on the right side of the boat, so you can get pictures on the way out near the rocks.

I wish you safe travels as well!

Thanks for the great review and pictures. I leave in 38 days for my 9 day Star cruise and the pictures helped me figure out where things are located.

Candi

Glad to be of assistance. Let me know if you have any more questions!