Cabin and guest

cruisenovice2

I believe the answer to your question is yes, as long as you paid the full fare, port taxes for the two of you. You could certainly appear at check in, and simply announce that you are the only passenger who will be boarding. I would suggest that you contact the cruise line, or TA you booked through and ask the question to be sure.;)

I believe the answer to your question is yes, as long as you paid the full fare, port taxes for the two of you. You could certainly appear at check in, and simply announce that you are the only passenger who will be boarding. I would suggest that you contact the cruise line, or TA you booked through and ask the question to be sure.;)

I would not even announce anything and just say the other person is on their own.

Did you pay everything for your son and yourself? -- all fares, taxes and port fees?

If so -- you do not have to say anything -- just go and when questioned about where the other person is that is suppose to be in your cabin -- just tell them that your son couldn't make it. You will be called to the front desk once the ship realizes that someone has not checked in -- head count and they know which cabin.

Now also if you did pay for everything, you can be honest now and have your TA contact the cruise line and explain everything.

If you paid only for your share of the cruise fare -- big problems -- no matter when you tell them that your son can't make it, you will be charged the fare for the second person since the cruise was sold as a two person sharing the same cabin.

I would not even announce anything and just say the other person is on their own.

Along those lines, if your s.o ( ?? son?, everyone seems to be saying) has insuranc e with the c ruise line, suggest they not make a claim before the cruise..

Hi, If I have a cruise booked for next month and my so may not be able to go now , can I still go? And other than losing the money would there be anything else to happen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No problem at all, but don't cancel him because then you will end up owing whatever they refund to you. Just have him be a no show. You can tell them when you check in that he is not coming. It will not impact your cruise fare at all, because you will have already paid the two person fare. You will get a refund after the cruise of any port fees, taxes, and anything else that you prepaid for him.

BTW - unlike what someone said about you being called to the front desk, that will not happen unless he checks in on the pier, which of course won't happen. The ship only goes by the people who actually check in for the cruise.

We (extended family) had 4 cabins booked (all right next to each other) and paid in full for with a total of 10 people. We ended up having 3 "no shows" Absolutely no one asked and no one cared at all. The fees and port charges for the 3 were automatically refunded to my credit card (which was used to pay for this cruise) approx two weeks after our cruise.

Well not going to cancel him at this point. Keeping fingers crossed. So if can’t just let them know at check in he won’t be there, is that right?

No...you don't have to say anything to anyone and you don't have to "cancel" him...Once again...it's paid for so no one in the terminal checkin or once onboard will ask or cares.

Enjoy your cruise either way.

Let me toss this one in. Some years ago, a friend and I had booked to share a cabin. Due to an emergency health situation, she had to cancel at the last minute. The cruise line kept her money AND charged me the single supplement since I'd now be sailing solo. Since the single supplement was 100%, they essentially collected double for that same slot.

As it happens, we had insurance that covered the situation, so neither of us was out of pocket. And the insurance company thought nothing of it--they said it was a common practice.

Presumably they do this because they feel that they're losing the on-board expenditures revenue from the no-show.

Be aware of this possibility.

Many cruiselines will let you change pax, depending on what fare you booked.

Carnival will allow changes up to day of sailing (except for Early Saver); Princess needs two days notice. Both charge a $50 fee.