Latitude point question

Fishymom

So we booked a balcony in 2015 and received 14 points for the week, we just got home from a balcony and our point accumulated was 7.

Were the changes implemented in the program that drastic that it would cut my points in half?

So we booked a balcony in 2016 and received 14 points for the week, we just got home from a balcony and our point accumulated was 7.

Did levels, or points change? Would would cause the difference?

I don't remember when the change happened but in the past you could have a maximum of 4 points for each day of the cruise. You received one point for each day, an extra point per day if it was a latitude insider special offer, an extra point per day for booking 9 months in advance and an extra point per day if booked in a suite. The nine months in advance extra point went away at some point in time so now the maximum is three points per day. I'm guessing that when you booked you received an extra point for either the 9 months in advance or latitude special.

They are picky with the points. Took the family on a Southern Caribbean cruise last Thanksgiving. We had suites and it was a Latitudes Insider offer. Therefore, should get 21 points for a 7 day cruise. Well, I changed rooms after the original booking and it wasn't a Latitudes offer anymore. Only got 14 points. I complained but was turned down.

I'm more careful now. Recently changed a reservation on a cruise before Christmas and made sure the "past guest offer" and Latitudes reward would still apply before changing.

They are picky with the points. Took the family on a Southern Caribbean cruise last Thanksgiving. We had suites and it was a Latitudes Insider offer. Therefore, should get 21 points for a 7 day cruise. Well, I changed rooms after the original booking and it wasn't a Latitudes offer anymore. Only got 14 points. I complained but was turned down.

I'm more careful now. Recently changed a reservation on a cruise before Christmas and made sure the "past guest offer" and Latitudes reward would still apply before changing.

XXXXX

I had a similar situation booking a suite with insider offer points.

An opportunity presented itself to upgrade to a bigger better suite on the SAME SAILING and NCL dropped the

points because of this cabin change.

I appealed and after the exchange of 4 emails WON my case.

NCL reasoning is flawed - the insider offer applies to the sailing destination time and ship and not to the

individual cabins on that offer unless specified otherwise (it wasn't) !

You have -1- year to appeal the issue.

The person to contact is:

Ana Rodriguez | Manager, International Reservations & Support Services

P: +1 305-436-4000 | F: +1 305-436-4126

arodriguez@ncl.com |www.ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

In emailing your appeal you will need your latitudes number and the Reservation (invoice) number.

NOW BACK TO THE OP's - appeal your issue to this person noted above.

You made your booking prior to the February 2017 cutoff and should have received the doubled points.

Once again NCL is not honoring what it has put out in print offered and advertised.

Your booking was in 2015 for travel most recently - appeal this - this is so wrong on the part of NCL.

If you are border line in going to the next Latitudes level this is important even more so if going to Platinum !

The benefits gained on your next cruise (all depending on NCL's response) can be meaningful.

Note to other CC members - when filing any action appeal DO NOT ACCEPT the response from the

first level if it is NEGATIVE. Yeah you will go away and never be heard from again Yeah so much for that !

As a very last resort to have your case (perhaps fairly re-considered) use this contact:

VIVIAN EWART

Vice President, Passenger Services

7665 Corporate Center Dr.

Miami, FL 33126

(305) 436-4011

vewart@ncl.com

Good Luck and may the Latitude Points be with You !

• 1 year later...

I booked a 16 day NCL Panama cruise on Oct.4,2019 via CAS -

I've booked cruises for many yrs (since1988) and a NCLU PHD Grad.

I was told over and over by CAS when I booked that the extra latitudes nights apply when I inquired.

They added it into the booking and I paid in full.

I chose not to book the amazing sailaway rate as I thought the addtl nights would be a bonus worth it toward being an Ambassador in the future. 

I did confirm 3x as I saw nothing in my guest booking info -which is the second time I called & another time re access desk and to ask again why am I not seeing the latitude x nt on my booking -was told again thats because it's in their agent notes and't not anywhere else. I didn't and don't ever feel comfortable as I'm trained to ck and double ck but this wasn't my first CAS cruise -although it was a paid cruise w/a Diamond discount.

During the time of my booking there was a monthly insider offer of one extra latitudes point per night.

Booking window Oct.1,2019-Nov.30,2019 EST.

The only restriction was that it must NOT be a sailaway rate.

I booked a balcony free@sea rate.

How are we as consumers able to defend a reps lack of actions or mistakes and removals w/in the CAS dept of NCL -we cannot.

I've emailed twice ,called w/no actions and today spoke to a supervisor as follow up has been horrible .

I'm treated like it's a misunderstanding and no harm just be sure next time they add latitude on your booking next time or be sure there's an offer. Any help here? I was the only one thus far that I'm aware of from our CC group, Solo, FB that for this sailing that had not received their double points.

I my opinion thats a lot of points to miss out on.

Any recommendations?

The supervisor said she'll look into it and follow up w/in 48 hrs. 

1963888E-15D0-404E-A8E9-2C3C533F5148_1_201_a.jpeg

8 hours ago, 2cadolphin said:

I booked a 16 day NCL Panama cruise on Oct.4,2019 via CAS -

I've booked cruises for many yrs (since1988) and a NCLU PHD Grad.

I was told over and over by CAS when I booked that the extra latitudes nights apply when I inquired.

They added it into the booking and I paid in full.

I chose not to book the amazing sailaway rate as I thought the addtl nights would be a bonus worth it toward being an Ambassador in the future. 

I did confirm 3x as I saw nothing in my guest booking info -which is the second time I called & another time re access desk and to ask again why am I not seeing the latitude x nt on my booking -was told again thats because it's in their agent notes and't not anywhere else. I didn't and don't ever feel comfortable as I'm trained to ck and double ck but this wasn't my first CAS cruise -although it was a paid cruise w/a Diamond discount.

During the time of my booking there was a monthly insider offer of one extra latitudes point per night.

Booking window Oct.1,2019-Nov.30,2019 EST.

The only restriction was that it must NOT be a sailaway rate.

I booked a balcony free@sea rate.

How are we as consumers able to defend a reps lack of actions or mistakes and removals w/in the CAS dept of NCL -we cannot.

I've emailed twice ,called w/no actions and today spoke to a supervisor as follow up has been horrible .

I'm treated like it's a misunderstanding and no harm just be sure next time they add latitude on your booking next time or be sure there's an offer. Any help here? I was the only one thus far that I'm aware of from our CC group, Solo, FB that for this sailing that had not received their double points.

I my opinion thats a lot of points to miss out on.

Any recommendations?

The supervisor said she'll look into it and follow up w/in 48 hrs. 

1963888E-15D0-404E-A8E9-2C3C533F5148_1_201_a.jpeg

There is extremely little difference between Ambassador and Platinum Plus.    And sounds like you are on a lot of cruises per year anyway?      You don’t usually get much or anything additional on a cruise ship       So not much of a loss if it takes you an extra cruise?