Stock Owners On-Board Credit; Is it still available?

DNArocks

I last cruised with Princess in 2009 and there was a program that awarded you $100 per cruise if you had 100 or more shares of Princess stock. I purchased the stock and got the credit. I still have the stock and going on another cruise (I'm retired now and can finally travel more). I can't find any reference to this.

Is the credit still one of the offerings of Princess???

It's not "Princess" stock, but is Carnival Corporation stock, which includes 10 cruiselines, Princess being one of them.

Yes, they still have the OBC program, but how much you get depends on the length of the cruise. Do a search for this topic since there are many threads that will give you all the details.

Yes. Discussed here regularly, for example, this thread from just 2 days ago:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2606303

Thank-you. I read the boards for a number of days but didn't see it. I should have done a search.

Thank-you for the kind answer and reference to the details. It was exactly what I needed. Happy cruising!

Speaking of the Princess Stock price dropped in the last two days, a lot. I doubt it will stay down long. If you want the stock now maybe a good time to get it. They just announced a great 1st quarter but because of all the fuss going on in the market in general their price still got lowered.

framer

Here’s a link to the Princess shareholders OBC request form:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=409530&d=1501699350

Using the form is not required but it does explain how to apply for Princess OBC when having a minimum of 100 shares of CCL stock.

Don’t worry about the dates because the program was recently extended for another year & it takes until June to update the request form.

The previous 90 day requirement for stock statement was eliminated last year. We can now apply with a current statement & I have my OBC for cruises through the end of 2019. That allows us to have the OBC to pay to book tours in advance which is a change since 2009...payment in OBC or chargecard is now required to book tours prior to boarding the ship.

Edited by Astro Flyer

I last cruised with Princess in 2009 and there was a program that awarded you $100 per cruise if you had 100 or more shares of Princess stock. I purchased the stock and got the credit. I still have the stock and going on another cruise (I'm retired now and can finally travel more). I can't find any reference to this.

Is the credit still one of the offerings of Princess???

The program still exists . The amount depends on the length of the cruise . You have to own 100 shares of Carnival stock. You then submit a statement showing ownership to the Carnival cruise line your cruising on.

And , unlike many other cruise lines , CCL Shareholder OBC is combinable with other OBC's that you may qualify for such as Military , Princess Sale Promo , your TA's OBC or Group Amenity , and that hard to get Loyalty OBC after many Princess Cruises.

Add to that any Goodwill OBC that you may receive from Princess for screw-ups .

Right, it's non refundable.

Sometimes on a long cruise with several perks and obc from different sources, it can be a lot. We've had $700 obc at times with free gratuities. We will be sure to spend a little more just so we don't leave them anything on the table.

You should see my collection of tropical shirts....:cool: