ms Nieuw Amsterdam Port Everglades and ms Oosterdam Tampa Sail-Aways January 6, 2017

Boytjie

Thank you, Lou and Dave. You did an outstanding job today!

A somewhat sad departure for the Nieuw Amsterdam...our favorite ship...have spent 36 days on her...and would love to spend more. Here's to a great cruise from here on out.

Edited by innlady1

I never realized that the Nieuw Amsterdam had a movie screen outside. Is that new?

I don't recall a movie screen on the NA. Must be new. Only ones with a screen are Rotterdam and Veendam...and they're non-functional.

What a day! And the flashing lights and stream of traffic continue.:confused:

Thanks fellow sail-away addicts, Peter, and, once again, Lou and Dave. I second Roy's hope for a more routine sail-away tomorrow.

I surely hope so, Kathy. :(

What a day! And the flashing lights and stream of traffic continue.:confused:

Thanks fellow sail-away addicts, Peter, and, once again, Lou and Dave. I second Roy's hope for a more routine sail-away tomorrow.

I read on google news that the people who had been held inside FLL were being bussed to Port Everglades and that was where they were being processed as far as where they were being put up in hotels, when their flights would be rescheduled to etc. Probably the cruise terminals were the best equipped places to deal with the huge number of people from the airport.

I, too am hoping for a better day tomorrow in Ft Lauderdale but, I suspect things will not be back to normal and people's plans are going to be affected. Hopefully cool heads will prevail and all will get through the trauma of today. Thoughts go out to those affected by todays tragedy.

I read on google news that the people who had been held inside FLL were being bussed to Port Everglades and that was where they were being processed as far as where they were being put up in hotels, when their flights would be rescheduled to etc. Probably the cruise terminals were the best equipped places to deal with the huge number of people from the airport.

Just posted this on the thread about the shooting:

Just saw this on Yahoo News. Now we know why there were so many flashing lights at PE Terminal 4 AFTER Princess left the port. It also makes sense as to why Princess may have had no choice on departing the Port at 7:00pm, IF she did not have all passengers on board (my speculation):

PARTIAL QUOTE (Last Paragraph) "About 7:15 p.m., with all flights still grounded, authorities said travelers with vehicles were being allowed to leave the airport and others were being taken in buses to a seaport terminal nearby." UNQUOTE

Full Article HERE: https://www.yahoo.com/news/thousands...024327773.html

Joanie