ms Nieuw Amsterdam Port Everglades and ms Oosterdam Tampa Sail-Aways January 6, 2017

Boytjie

Yes -- Nieuw Amsterdam now listed for 2100 departure.

NA has 2 seas days before their first port, they have taken the high road and waited for the pax who were delayed through no fault of their own. Maybe even would have waited if they were due at HMC tomorrow, the schedule makes a delay easier to accommodate.

NA has 2 seas days before their first port, they have taken the high road and waited for the pax who were delayed through no fault of their own. Maybe even would have waited if they were due at HMC tomorrow, the schedule makes a delay easier to accommodate.

Yes -- I knew that she had 2 sea days and plenty of time to get to Tortola.

9:00 pm will not hurt things too much. I know it is disappointing for those on board but glad the ship was waiting for those that were at FLL airport. I won't be able to see anyone at sail a way, so I wish them smooth seas, fair winds and God speed.

I am VERY impressed that HAl has counsellors on board to help those that have been through this.

A very nice touch.

Hoping everyone has a great cruise to put this horrible event behind them.

9:00 pm will not hurt things too much. I know it is disappointing for those on board but glad the ship was waiting for those that were at FLL airport. I won't be able to see anyone at sail a way, so I wish them smooth seas, fair winds and God speed.

I am VERY impressed that HAl has counsellors on board to help those that have been through this.

A very nice touch.

Hoping everyone has a great cruise to put this horrible event behind them.

Do you think it's more than the Priest who's always on board.

Roy

Better that than to be gunned down at FLL on the way to taking a cruise. I'm sure that thought has gone through their heads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very thankful. Another client of our PCC wasn't so lucky, she was one of the fatalities. :(

We're driving ourselves instead of taking the bus, Alaska picked up the tab. Our cruise isn't until Sunday, very glad we came out early.

Another friend who flew in today was there when it happened, but in a different baggage terminal.

Sad, sad day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is sad situation for thousands there.

No toilets, no food, nothing!!

Just my very humble opinion, but I hope HAL and Princess step up to the plate and give anyone stranded at the airport another cruise at no cost if they were supposed to sail today and can't get the ship on time.

I'm not really sure what will happen to people who even have insurance - this may not be covered, but it would be a smart PR move, (and the right thing to do), if Carnival Corp takes care of these folks.

Edited by mek