ms Nieuw Amsterdam Port Everglades and ms Oosterdam Tampa Sail-Aways January 6, 2017

Boytjie

A Broward County Commissioner (Chip Lamarca) said that the shooter was on an Air Canada flight and his weapon was in his checked baggage. (Which is legal.) He claimed his bags and loaded his firearm in the bathroom before beginning to shoot.

Am guessing it will be dark when you leave. Are you still planning on waving from the sea view pool aft...

Probably will meet folks from Roll Call if it's not late but frankly a sail-away is pretty meaningless at the moment.

Edited by aliaschief

I feel bad for all those people sitting in a plane on the tarmac, its been almost three hours. Traffic is so backed up on 595 it'll be a while until a lot of people can even make it to the port.( you have to pass the airport to get to the port right next door.)

A Broward County Commissioner (Chip Lamarca) said that the shooter was on an Air Canada flight and his weapon was in his checked baggage. (Which is legal.) He claimed his bags and loaded his firearm in the bathroom before beginning to shoot.

CNN reported he flew in from Alaska. The rule on being able to check guns is going to change very fast I think (and hope).

CNN reported he flew in from Alaska. The rule on being able to check guns is going to change very fast I think (and hope).

I heard from Canada also which struck me as strange. Estabon was born in NJ and I assume he is an American Citizen. I know Canada has restrictions on people bringing firearms into Canada so it seemed very strange that he would be able to take a gun to Canada and check it back into the US without raising a flag.

I think Alaska is allied with Delta so Alaska makes a lot more sense to me.

BTW, will anybody be watching the Tampa webcam?

Roy

This is a sad and tragic event. But I remind myself that my biggest risk for injury is my ride to the airport, down the mountain roads and then on the interstate... crazy drivers, drunk drivers, texting drivers...

My heart and prayers go out to all involved. Absolutely sending out Blessings.

But it will not keep me from enjoying living my life as long as I have it. Every day is a gift, a gift to be cherished and shared.

I've sat in the FFL baggage claim for a couple of hours between a cruise arriving in PE and one departing same day from PoM. We took a shuttle to FLL, used the WiFi and the cushioned seats in FLL baggage claim, then connected with our shuttle to PoM. Sends shivers through me.

To all the cruisers going out today: Fair winds and following seas. Hug your loved ones, call your family, remember to breathe..... and enjoy your cruise!

Blessings, m--

I heard from Canada also which struck me as strange. Estabon was born in NJ and I assume he is an American Citizen. I know Canada has restrictions on people bringing firearms into Canada so it seemed very strange that he would be able to take a gun to Canada and check it back into the US without raising a flag.

Roy

Reports now are that he flew ANC-MSP last night (most likely on Delta the entire way), then MSP to FLL today.

Roy

If he checked in on a U.S. Airline and then used Air Canada as a connector, I believe the rules are that Air Canada will co-operate with the originating air line rules and the baggage is normally checked right through.

He could easily have gotten to Alaska without using a Canadian flight so U.S. Rules would apply.

Yes, Canada is very strict on firearms. We don't carry them around up here ;)

Why change the rule? He can just walk with the gun inside the suitcase into baggage area and open fire at his local airport. Need more mental screening not new gun laws.