Bonaire Best Snorkel Tour

mcrcruiser

I have been on woodwind twice and highly recommend them.

They use a catamaran with a limited number of participants.

They take pride in what they do and educate guests on the reef and point out things that may have been missed.

Guests are typically divided into 3 groups based on experience.

Dedrie typically works with the lease experienced group and works hard to assure they get a good introduction and come away with a good experience.

I have snorkeled around the Caribbean as well as Hawaii and I'll say that Bonaire still stands out as the best reef I have seen.

Check out their website and reviews, and enjoy your trip

We simply hop a water taxi from near the ship over to No Name Key. It's about 20 bucks round trip, and can come back any time on the half hour.

The little island is near the port, has no facilities, and no rental gear (though some of the water taxis will rent gear to you). It is great for snorkeling! You walk up the pretty sandy beach to where the cut out is in the close up reef, and just float along on the other side with the current. Once back down to where the reef ends, you walk up the sandy bottom to the beach and do it again or just hang on the beach. We love it! :hearteyes: Lots and lots of fish, clear water.

Many of the tours go there...and of course....you pay a lot more. ;)

Woodwind without a doubt! We’ll be snorkeling with them in about 10 days. I’ll be posting pictures when we’re done. Have heard nothing but glowing reviews for them. Make sure and book quickly as they often sell out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went with Woodwind last Xmas. They were very good but I wondered if we had done the afternoon tour would the water have been calmer? It was very rough in the morning and the reef they take you to where you "drift snorkel" was very cloudy. Plus they were recovering from storm damage and there was a lot of bare sandy areas.

Still, if you wear glasses etc. try and be aware of your prescription strength as they carried a whole bunch of prescription masks etc. My wife has a strong script and they had an all in one mask and snorkel that was perfect for her without her glasses on.

They also provided shirts to keep the sun off etc. and protect the skin. They were excellent with my wife who is not very good in open water. They guide pretty much led her by hand the whole way as the rest of the group were pretty strong snorkelers. I think we were in the water for about 45 minutes or so. I had an underwater camera but it was pretty lousy in the conditions. They have a professional photographer along who dives with your group and he takes some excellent photos and you can then buy them on a USB drive for about $40. A lot of photos though so they are pretty generous

If you want to book Woodwind you should do it far in advance. Six months ahead is not too soon. I wanted the morning trip, booked four months ahead, and all I could get was the last four seats on the afternoon trip.

Another vote for Woodwind, they are fantastic. We went with them last December and will be going with them again in April. Be aware, they can book up VERY far out. For popular sailings they could easily be fully booked a year in advance. When we booked with them in December 2016 for April 2018 they were already taking bookings for 2019. All this to say, if you're interested in booking with them do it ASAP. Even if you're on the fence it's better to go ahead and reserve your spot and then cancel later (with no penalty) if you change your mind. Also, if you check the Bonaire port of call boards there are reviews and stuff of other tour companies.