Bus Crash In Mexico Involving Equinox Passengers

helen haywood

I saw the bus after it has been turned back over while on our way back to Costa Maya. Very tragic scene.

We are still wondering what's going to happen. The ship is still in Costa Maya with the gangplank out.

Fingers crossed that they’re waiting for some injured passengers who will be able to return to the ship.

I saw the bus after it has been turned back over while on our way back to Costa Maya. Very tragic scene.

We are still wondering what's going to happen. The ship is still in Costa Maya with the gangplank out.

My brother and his wife were on the excursion. I’ve called the ship and they tell me that he is not on the ship at this time and that he was impacted by this incident, but they have no information about his condition. I’ve been in contact with Royal shore side, but they have no information to share yet. I’ve sent text and phone messages to them directly but have not heard from them yet. Please pray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SamFritz, do you know who your brother lists as his emergency contact with the cruise Line? They should be providing updates. I would also suspect that many folks cellphones are not working or are turned off so they don't incur roaming charges. And like me , mine is always locked in my safe.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

My brother and his wife were on the excursion. I’ve called the ship and they tell me that he is not on the ship at this time and that he was impacted by this incident, but they have no information about his condition. I’ve been in contact with Royal shore side, but they have no information to share yet. I’ve sent text and phone messages to them directly but have not heard from them yet. Please pray.

Praying that you get good news about your brother and his wife.

You family are in my prayers.

The bus was 110 miles south of Tulum. A long way from the airport near Cancun.

SamFritz,

Praying for your brother and sister-in-law, and praying that you have answers soon.

Prayers for the families of all involved.

The US Embassy is working with them maybe you can reach out to them 🙏🏻

Praying

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Further info:

- Passengers on the RCCL ship (Serenade of the Seas) posted that their Captain announced that of the accident victims, four were RCCL pax. None of them were fatalities. Four were wounded.

- Serenade of the Seas sailed form Costa Maya on time.

- Celebrity Equinox had the majority of the pax on that tour bus.

- Celebrity Equinox has not sailed yet (the port webcam has been disabled, so there's no way of knowing for sure)

Further info:

- Passengers on the RCCL ship (Serenade of the Seas) posted that their Captain announced that of the accident victims, four were RCCL pax. None of them were fatalities. Four were wounded.

- Serenade of the Seas sailed form Costa Maya on time.

- Celebrity Equinox had the majority of the pax on that tour bus.

- Celebrity Equinox has not sailed yet (the port webcam has been disabled, so there's no way of knowing for sure)

Equinox hasn't sailed yet, you can see here.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/home/centerx:-87.2/centery:19.1/zoom:10

SamFritz, do you know who your brother lists as his emergency contact with the cruise Line? They should be providing updates. I would also suspect that many folks cellphones are not working or are turned off so they don't incur roaming charges. And like me , mine is always locked in my safe.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

RCCL added me as a contact when I called them. They said it may be up to another 24 hours before they release any official statement or provide any news to families.

RCCL added me as a contact when I called them. They said it may be up to another 24 hours before they release any official statement or provide any news to families.

Sam,

I don't want to give you false hope, but that may be good news. I'll continue to keep an eye on things.

Prayers are with you.

CBS Evening News just stated that there were 12 fatalities, the bus had passengers from Serenade of the Seas & Celebrity Equinox. Names will not be released until next of kin are notified.

Prayer to the families effected by this tragedy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Please tell me what happened to the thread on this tragedy. I am trying to get more information.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bus lost control and flipped over killing at least 12 and many others injured. Passengers were from Equinox and Serenade of the seas. RIP