Hot Glass Classes on the Edge? Next Reveal on Thursday, 9/13!!

vtcruising

At the risk of giving out potentially incorrect info, I thought it was worth putting this out there. I just went into my cruise planner for my 3 Edge cruises and all of them now have Hot Glass Classes offered for $50 for one and $90 for two people. This was under "Internet & More."

I called Captain's Club before booking a class and the rep said she couldn't find anything about hot glass classes on the Edge, but would send an email to the Shore Excursions person and get back to me within 72 hrs. She was also going to ask about the thalassotherapy pool. I had to chuckle when she said she assumed it was real since they are very careful about what they put in the cruise planners. I told her about the 14 day thalassotherapy package for a 7 night cruise still in my cruise planner. :D

She did say there would be a reveal this Thursday, September 13. She said maybe that would be revealed then. I wonder if they will reveal some of the extra pay per experiences, such as the thalassotherapy pool, the cabanas and maybe a Hot Glass area? The shopping will also need to be revealed so may be in that reveal.

I think I will book a Hot Glass class, just in case it is real, so that I will have a better choice of times. Maybe we will see if it is real on Thursday. :D

enhance

enhance

Vt.

Hope you also book some spa and time to relax and chill...

Thanks for the heads up the on the reveal. Looking forward to it but not interested in the glass class other than finding out the location and how much space it will take up...seems it'll have to be outside???

EDGE is leading the way to a la carte cruising but we are going to look for more non fee areas...We already spent a bunch on spa, excursions , dinners etc

Vt.

Hope you also book some spa and time to relax and chill...

Thanks for the heads up the on the reveal. Looking forward to it but not interested in the glass class other than finding out the location and how much space it will take up...seems it'll have to be outside???

EDGE is leading the way to a la carte cruising but we are going to look for more non fee areas...We already spent a bunch on spa, excursions , dinners etc

Wondering if it will be a full-sized set up such as seen on some of the S Class ships with shows, if they have it, or if it is just a small set up for classes. When I saw the shows on the Eclipse (and at the actual Corning Glass in Corning, NY), I wanted to try it. Seemed like a reasonable price since I will end up with a piece of glassware (though it may look like one of my kid's school artwork projects used to look). :D Maybe I'll make something blue and orange to commemorate the Edge. ;)

I am looking at the couple's spa suite and thallasotherapy week, but at $399, I am going to hold back a little longer to see if there is a sale. It would be a fun thing for my DH and I to do together. Hope they don't sell out.

Wondering if it will be a full-sized set up such as seen on some of the S Class ships with shows, if they have it, or if it is just a small set up for classes. When I saw the shows on the Eclipse (and at the actual Corning Glass in Corning, NY), I wanted to try it. Seemed like a reasonable price since I will end up with a piece of glassware (though it may look like one of my kid's school artwork projects used to look). :D Maybe I'll make something blue and orange to commemorate the Edge. ;)

I am looking at the couple's spa suite and thallasotherapy week, but at $399, I am going to hold back a little longer to see if there is a sale. It would be a fun thing for my DH and I to do together. Hope they don't sell out.

Go for it...that's a decent price for 2 people for a week! It 's like booking a spa mini vacation within a vacation..

Prices may go up...and I think the limited passes will sell out... You could always get a price adjustment (I think) if it goes down in price

Oh my, I need a life...just hit post number 20,000 on Cruise Critic which they duly noted...my husband was not impressed about that! But I do enjoy it and learn alot....he plays golf.

"Unbelievable hcat! We just wanted to congratulate you on your 20,000th post on Cruise Critic!"

Oh my, I need a life...just hit post number 20,000 on Cruise Critic which they duly noted...my husband was not impressed about that! But I do enjoy it and learn alot....he plays golf.

"Unbelievable hcat! We just wanted to congratulate you on your 20,000th post on Cruise Critic!"

CONGRATULATIONS!! I noticed last week that you were getting close and was going to congratulate you when it happened. I'm honored that it happened on one of my threads! You should celebrate tonight!! :D

This is also listed for my December cruise on the Summit, which has never had a glass blowing facility in the past of any kind. So either A) the supremely wonderful web developers have cocked things up again, or B) They are adding small "mobile" glass studios on the ships .....

Like the T-Pool mystery on EDGE I seem to think this is yet another example of the web developers mucking up and offering things for sale that do not exist!

This is also listed for my December cruise on the Summit, which has never had a glass blowing facility in the past of any kind. So either A) the supremely wonderful web developers have cocked things up again, or B) They are adding small "mobile" glass studios on the ships .....

Like the T-Pool mystery on EDGE I seem to think this is yet another example of the web developers mucking up and offering things for sale that do not exist!

Well, you have to admit that the IT people are making these reveals much more exciting! :D

CONGRATULATIONS!! I noticed last week that you were getting close and was going to congratulate you when it happened. I'm honored that it happened on one of my threads! You should celebrate tonight!! :D

Thanks...dh still thinks it's a waste but it's my time to waste..and he benefits from what I learn!

That's the beauty of retirement... we both work part time.....he golfs, I garden..I like CC, he does sudoku...luckily we both like to cruise!

Thanks...dh still thinks it's a waste but it's my time to waste..and he benefits from what I learn!

That's the beauty of retirement... we both work part time.....he golfs, I garden..I like CC, he does sudoku...luckily we both like to cruise!

My DH is similar in that he teases me about the time I am on Cruise Critic, but when we are on cruises he brags to people he meets about everything that I know about the ship we are on. It is a little embarrassing because he drags me over to people to give them advice about what to do, where to eat, which cabin to book next, etc. It does amaze me at how people can spend so much money on a cruise and not do any research. Maybe I go a little bit overboard, but for me, half the fun is in the planning! :D

My DH is similar in that he teases me about the time I am on Cruise Critic, but when we are on cruises he brags to people he meets about everything that I know about the ship we are on. It is a little embarrassing because he drags me over to people to give them advice about what to do, where to eat, which cabin to book next, etc. It does amaze me at how people can spend so much money on a cruise and not do any research. Maybe I go a little bit overboard, but for me, half the fun is in the planning! :D

I understand, but it is also a matter of time (or lack of whereof ) as the case may be [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I like to research and plan but always remain flexible to changing our plans...it is a vacation !

Dh only wants to know when, where, what ship and how many days. I check out the cruises but he does the pre cruise hotel, flights, rental car, if any, AND he does the computer manage res piece of it...check in tags, etc Works well!

I also like to read history of our ports...etc

VTcruiser, your post inspired me to look and low-and-behold.....there it was....a hot glass class on our cruise!! I’ve always wanted to try it, so I signed up!

I wasn’t given a choice of day or time, but I can only guess that it willl be done on a sea day. I will guess that the 20-minute class will be for you and you alone. I can’t imagine having more than one inexperienced person being allowed to wander about with molten glass!

Based upon things I’ve ready, they do most of the work and you are an assistant, but you are allowed to pick colors, spin the glass and blow into the tube - me, I’m gonna need a LOT of help to ensure my item doesn’t end up looking like a - a blob! The good part is that kids as young as 3 can do the class (with an adult), so if a 3-year old can do it....maybe (maybe) I can too!!

I will say that the ‘fine print’ says that the cost of the class doesn’t include all the items, that there might be an upcharge - or maybe the original price is just for the class and you pay an additional amount for the piece you want to do....the information on the website isn’t clear....”Sign up for an introductory hot glass class for $50. Discover the wonderful world of glassblowing with this unique hot glass class. Choose from a fantastic assortment of colors and eight enchanting designs. Price varies with upgrade to more advanced designs.”

The best information I have been able to find was here

https://www.hollywoodhotglass.com/celebrity-cruises.html

Here I was able to find out prices. X’s site has this

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/cruise-activities/hotglass/

which tells you which items you can make (doesn’t quite cross foot with the Hollywood site, but that’s ok). It would have been nice if the X site had told the prices of each item.

Anway.....both vtcruiser and I will be on the Dec 1 cruise, so expect LOTS of pictures!!

Congrats! That is an impressive number of posts. How many years did it take to get there? Never mind- it says you joined in 2003.

Congrats! That is an impressive number of posts. How many years did it take to get there? Never mind- it says you joined in 2003.

Thanks..we were on another board before this one but this has felt like home. We used to cruise more frequently.. but now we have slowed down and only have 2 booked..both on EDGE..after the excitment dies down...posts will be fewer!

VT I see what you mean... I also found the Hot Glass program on Edge for my sailing.... So I checked my Reflection cruise next year... and they offer it as well. I wonder where they would have this on Edge... and I don't see a spot on Reflection either.... could this be an error?

VT I see what you mean... I also found the Hot Glass program on Edge for my sailing.... So I checked my Reflection cruise next year... and they offer it as well. I wonder where they would have this on Edge... and I don't see a spot on Reflection either.... could this be an error?

It's also offered on my Millennium cruise. I think it could be a mistake-we'll know soon enough. :D

If the Hot Glass show is on Edge I wonder where it will be held? It is not Corning anymore and it is an interactive event now more than a show where you can participate for a fee and take the piece you make with you.

It is actually not a show that is advertised, just a basic hot glass class. I personally don’t know if just classes can be done in a small footprint- not sure if it is a much simpler process if just teaching people to make a small item with less bulky equipment.

It is showing up on Reflection, Millennium and Edge cruise planners (and likely others) that don’t have the hot glass show set up, so unsure if this is a mistake or if they actually are going to do a much smaller version as classes for $50pp on more ships. I called X before signing up and they said they would let me know within 72 hrs- that was a week ago. :D

There are mobile glass blowing studios available that would be compact enough to be set up in the theater, or an open deck. However there would be serious fire safety precautions that would have to be taken into account. Theoretically it would be possible to do this on any of the ships in the fleet, but practicality may be another thing.

It is also showing available in my cruise planner for my December Summit cruise. I'm half-tempted to book it :)

There are mobile glass blowing studios available that would be compact enough to be set up in the theater, or an open deck. However there would be serious fire safety precautions that would have to be taken into account. Theoretically it would be possible to do this on any of the ships in the fleet, but practicality may be another thing.

It is also showing available in my cruise planner for my December Summit cruise. I'm half-tempted to book it :)

Yes I think fire safety will be a major factor. The glass-melting kilns are likely electric with no open flame. But obviously still very hot.