Any 2015 world cruisers going to blog?

LawDog61

On the main Oceania board there is a post (last update Nv30) with a list of blogs for their 180 day world cruise. I will also be doing a 'live from' thread. I know someone on the Princess world cruise is also planning a 'live from' thread

Jeff, who is already on the Amsterdam and blogging, will continue through the world cruise.

http://amazingvoyages2.blogspot.ca

There is going to be a "Live" thread from the QE World Voyage on the Cunard forum which, hopefully, various people will contribute to (I will only be on for the first eleven days).

• 3 weeks later...

Definitely not an expert but I can comment on my personal experiences.

I did a TA on the original Queen Mary and, although I was still a child, I remember the barriers and signs dividing the classes. Today's Queens have nothing like that.

If you book a suite you eat in different dining rooms (Queens Grill or Princess Grill) and have different menu choices than the MDR. They will also prepare dishes especially for you (provided they have all the ingredients) given notice in advance. They also prepare some dishes at the table. There is a small sun deck, lounge, and al fresco dining area for those in the Grills. Everything else is open to everyone - same bars/lounges, pools, entertainment, etc.

A number of cruise lines have similar "ship within a ship" areas for those who purchase the most expensive cabins. HAL and Disney have dedicated lounges for those in suites. Celebrity has the restaurant Blu for Aqua class passengers. NCL, MSC, and RCI all have special areas, pools, lounges, restaurants, etc. based on your cabin choice on some of their ships.

Grills passengers also get a variety of extras such as liquor and soft drinks (in the stateroom), a butler, afternoon canapés, priority embarkation/disembarkation, etc. (Again similar to what suite passengers on other lines get.)

The majority of passengers eat in the Britannia restaurant. The food is good and there are always things that you can get off-menu. All the staterooms have a refrigerator, slippers and robes, and turndown service.

I never noticed any difference in people in regard to there category of stateroom. The only time when I knew someone was in the Grills was when they used their keycard in the lift to get to the Grills dining room. All in all, I would say Cunard has no more of a "class system" than any other cruise line that offers different benefits depending on the amount of money a passenger is willing to spend.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...

More a "grand voyage" than a "world cruise," but I will be blogging the upcoming 89-night Arctic Splendors cruise on Regent Seven Seas Navigator. It starts June 21. The blog can be found at https://summertimechilling.blogspot.com/ Click on "Read More" at the bottom to see full content. If you want email notification of new posts, click on the three lines on the top left of the screen.

More a "grand voyage" than a "world cruise," but I will be blogging the upcoming 89-night Arctic Splendors cruise on Regent Seven Seas Navigator. It starts June 21. The blog can be found at https://summertimechilling.blogspot.com/ Click on "Read More" at the bottom to see full content. If you want email notification of new posts, click on the three lines on the top left of the screen.

Love your itinerary! Some of my favorite cruises/places on cruises were Baltic, British Isles, Iceland (have stayed there 4 times on the way to Europe) and Greenland.

Thanks, I’ll follow this. I live in the UK, so it’ll be an interesting read, thanks for spending the time to do this.

What a wonderful Grand Voyage itinerary. I look forward to following your blog.