Life Vest drag to Muster is over!!

Sanibel*Gal

Just off the Crown Princess & when we met our room steward, he told us the good news! You no longer take your life vest to Muster & will be fleet wide soon.

I suppose this is good news...

I have seen far too many people on cruises who are so clueless that they will never

be able to handle themselves in an emergency, and are probably a hazard to others

trying to evacuate.

(these are the same people who try and bring their carry-ons down escape slides on planes)

No lifejackets will make these people just a little more clueless.

So for the people who are comfortable using a life jacket, and know how to put it on

so one doesn't end up floating face down -- this is good.

For the others, I guess they're just a few more for people to step on/over in an emergency.

I suppose this is good news...

I have seen far too many people on cruises who are so clueless that they will never

be able to handle themselves in an emergency, and are probably a hazard to others

trying to evacuate.

(these are the same people who try and bring their carry-ons down escape slides on planes)

No lifejackets will make these people just a little more clueless.

So for the people who are comfortable using a life jacket, and know how to put it on

so one doesn't end up floating face down -- this is good.

For the others, I guess they're just a few more for people to step on/over in an emergency.

I am happy that Princess is eliminating the requirement to bring our life vest to the muster drill. However for the reasons you mentioned not everyone would know how to use them in an emergency. Passengers who are not proficient at using a life vest should put it on in their cabin.

Those passengers who take bags during an aircraft emergency evacuation are probably the same ones who inflate their life vest inside an aircraft during a water landing & don’t survive.

Maybe Princess performed a risk analysis & decided more passengers are injured by bringing them to a muster drill than get injured or perish during a rare true emergency situation & require help putting on a life vest.

Maybe Princess performed a risk analysis & decided more passengers are injured by bringing them to a muster drill than get injured or perish during a rare true emergency situation & require help putting on a life vest.

Probably too many people tripping over the tabs and falling down the stairs.

At least, we can now move around the ship after the drill without the need to stand in line for the elevator to bring back to the cabin the vest.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Indeed that is a bonus.:halo:

About time they stop making pax bring the life vest and try them on. They then leave the briefing with the straps dangling for someone to step on them and fall. Carnival does not require the life vests for the safety briefing. I will not miss them.

Someone mentioned safety belts on aircraft. So we are sitting in our seats with our seatbelts attached and they go through the briefing about how to put them on! A little ridiculous as if we forgot how we put them on a few minutes ago. They still have to walk down the aisle and make sure everyone is wearing them.