Life Vest drag to Muster is over!!

Sanibel*Gal

Celebrity, Holland and Royal Caribbean never required the lift jacket....it was only Princess.

Not true....Oceania not only requires paxs to take the jacket to the drill and try it on....they require everyone, with their jackets on, go out onto the deck and stand underneath their lifeboat! It was miserable - we stood there in 80+ degree heat for 15 min before they let us go inside. Carnival used to do that. :rolleyes:

Maybe soon the FAA will stop requiring us to be taught how to put on a seatbelt on every flight. Announcement: "Anyone who does no know how to put on his or her seatbelt, please inform your flight attendant." This will screen for terrorists, because everyone else in America knows how to put a seatbelt on. Camels and donkeys do not come equipped with seatbelts!

The reason for this is due to an accident years ago in which there were many preventable deaths due to people not knowing how to unbuckle their seatbelt. Remember, every flight could be someone's first, and you rarely see seatbelts with the lift-up buckle elsewhere. As a flight attendant myself I think it is absolutely necessary.

The last part of your comment is completely out of order.

About time they stop making pax bring the life vest and try them on. They then leave the briefing with the straps dangling for someone to step on them and fall. Carnival does not require the life vests for the safety briefing. I will not miss them..

Yes. Everything on princess should be modeled after carnival. Not.

I know a few people that never go to the muster. They say they get a call for a make up muster but they just ignore it and thats the end of it.

I know a couple that were kicked off a princess ship at the first port for not showing up at muster, and they did not go to make up either.(said they didn't want to and Princess asked them to leave the ship)

Same here, we had to bring our life vests on the December 1 sailing, so this must be brand new.

It was some random cabin steward who told the poster that this was going fleet wide.

This might actually be a less reliable source of information that calling princess and asking.

I'm just not sure. Very close.

I may be the only one that is disappointed by this. I have a picture of my wife in her lifejacket from every cruise we have been on together. She hates it, but understands it's now a tradition.

There's no way I'm going to get her to put the life jacket on willingly. :(

We also do this and have a picture for every cruise although we alternate whose picture makes the scrapbook. Will have to figure out what the new tradition will be;p

It was some random cabin steward who told the poster that this was going fleet wide.

This might actually be a less reliable source of information that calling princess and asking.

I'm just not sure. Very close.

Just off the Regal, vests not needed.

I may be the only one that is disappointed by this. I have a picture of my wife in her lifejacket from every cruise we have been on together. She hates it, but understands it's now a tradition.

There's no way I'm going to get her to put the life jacket on willingly. :(

We also do this and have a picture for every cruise although we alternate whose picture makes the scrapbook. Will have to figure out what the new tradition will be;p

So why not put on the jacket in you room & continue the ritual?

Celebrity, Holland and Royal Caribbean never required the lift jacket....it was only Princess.

Up until our last cruise on RCI in 2013 they not only required life jackets but to have them on when we journeyed to the outside promenade deck and stood in a huge pseudo formation in the heat/cold. There always seemed to be accidents on the stairway with pax wearing life jackets and not being able to see where their feet were. At least the belts were not being drug across the floor. :rolleyes:

Just off the Crown Princess & when we met our room steward, he told us the good news! You no longer take your life vest to Muster & will be fleet wide soon.

[emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I am straight off the Star Princess - fresh out of dry dock - and I can assure you the ritual of bringing your life vest to Muster is very much a live and well. Complete with newbies that haven't a clue how to adjust straps while wearing vests.

As an aside, my Muster Station was in the Princess Theater. A couple seated directly in front of me was in the wrong station and refused to move to the correct location --- for a while. The diminutive female Guide had a persuasive manner :)

I am straight off the Star Princess - fresh out of dry dock - and I can assure you the ritual of bringing your life vest to Muster is very much a live and well. Complete with newbies that haven't a clue how to adjust straps while wearing vests.

:)

I also wsa just off the Star and yes, life jackets and lots of newbies that couldn't understand "don't drag the cords", and "don't put them on until we tell you to".

I don't have a problem with this, but I hope the crew continues to demonstrate how to do it.

We were on a cruise on Celebrity in September, and their drill was a total joke. A spy video that seemed to primarily tell you to stay out of crew areas, and no mention of life jackets at all.

Just disembarked this morning. My muster station was in the Wheelhouse Lounge. We were instructed to return to our cabins, retriever the vests and check in at our assigned spots. We had a problem with the loud speakers not working properly.....after about 20 minutes it was finally resolved.

There were many folks who arrived wearing the life jackets.....after 3 announcements not to put them on until instructed to do so.

At least nobody was talking over the Captain's spiel or the recorded message.

Props to Princess for holding the drill inside......outside temp was about 40 F accounting for wind. Today's ship log noted 46 F @ sailing.

We had rain on Saturday and calm sunny weather yesterday.

David

As a (retired) certified safety professional, I have to say, this is bad BAD news. Training is the only way to safety, and that means with real devices.

I have to agree with you. Bet the passengers on the Costa Concordia wish there was a muster drill.

I'm not sure if it is still done...but RCCL did not have life jackets in the staterooms..only at muster stations. When the Anthem of the Seas was caught in the hurricane back in Feb '16...passengers confined to rooms were surprised no life jackets.

I know it is a pain in the butt.. but amazing how many people can't follow a simple instruction to put on a life jacket..same person who doesn't wrap the strap back and trips you.