Angry on Royal's Bogus Sales

gkbiiii

As a new Diamond, I have been looking forward to using my expanded Balcony Discount: as well as a myvegas player with 750K Loyalty Points, I was looking forward to using my well earned cruise benefits/awards.

Well, under Royal's current pricing sale scam, I can use neither: based on the fact that both balcony discounts & myvegas awards are based on "full fare pricing". Thus, both actually cost you more and save you nothing!

Yet this current sale (which is now been revived two or three times concurrently) has expensive rates, than before the sale. I am just so pissed with Royal, the Quantum Maiden voyage Crap and now this???

I just feel so frustrated, on a company (before last year) I had such regard for!!!! :eek::mad::confused:

As a new Diamond, I have been looking forward to using my expanded Balcony Discount: as well as a myvegas player with 750K Loyalty Points, I was looking forward to using my well earned cruise benefits/awards.

Well, under Royal's current pricing sale scam, I can use neither: based on the fact that both balcony discounts & myvegas awards are based on "full fare pricing". Thus, both actually cost you more and save you nothing!

Yet this current sale (which is now been revived two or three times concurrently) has expensive rates, than before the sale. I am just so pissed with Royal, the Quantum Maiden voyage Crap and now this???

I just feel so frustrated, on a company (before last year) I had such regard for!!!! :eek::mad::confused:

Its a real problem, almost as bad as taping a new program on your cable providers box, watching later and them not letting you fast forward thru commericals:p

" Buy One, Get One 50% off is combinable with the adjoining OBC offer, Crown & Anchor discounts and NextCruise offers. Buy One, Get One 50% off offer is not combinable with restricted rates (for example, Seniors, Residents, Military, Kids Sail Free"

Edited by setsail

I had booked my Southern on an earlier BOGOHO and then made Platinum and was able to have my balcony discount added under the then-current BOGOHO and actually got a cheaper rate. So yes, your C&A balcony is generallyl combinable with the BOGOHOs. I think there is a time limit though that the Balcony discount has to be booked relatively far in advance.

But in general I agree the sales are silly and would rather prefer lower prices that are staightforward and no permutations when they don't really mean anything bottom line.

You balcony discount is included in when booking a sale. Mine are.

Not always. We just booked under the sale at the end of December, for next December, with an online TA. Two days later we got a phone call from the TA telling us that Royal Caribbean Quality Control Department "flagged" our reservation. Apparently we were given a $50 C&A discount in addition to an OBC from Royal Caribbean. In order to keep the OBC from Royal Caribbean, we would have to pay an additional $50.00. She says it happens quite often. It doesn't really bother me because going on the cruise is more important than the $50.00 but I wish they would fix the problem. I think whose ever mistake it is should have to suck-it-up and pay for the mistake, but they won't. I don't know if it was a problem with the TA's website, or Royal Caribbean's infamous IT department.

Edited by Not-My-Real-Name

Regarding the MyVegas rewards, they are combinable with some discounts. I know my ultimate drink package was able to be used for my reservation booked with a resident rate. I was told by RCL that it also worked with military, etc discounts but not the BOGO or any of the WOW sales

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

we booked under the BOGO and the OBC, but was told we could not get our C&A balcony discount if we took the OBC of $300. Not much of a perk of you can't use it.

I don't understand the OP's anger or this comment.

Either way, you are saving money. Assuming this was a 7 night cruise, it's either $300 or $250.

I assume the anger is from those who want to combine benefits.

I own RCL stock and rarely can use the shareholder credit because of non-combinability. Am I going to get angry about it or complain? Nah, it's not worth it. I'm just happy I can cruise at an affordable price and take advantage of some benefits, if not all.

I don't understand the OP's anger or this comment.

Either way, you are saving money. Assuming this was a 7 night cruise, it's either $300 or $250.

I assume the anger is from those who want to combine benefits.

I own RCL stock and rarely can use the shareholder credit because of non-combinability. Am I going to get angry about it or complain? Nah, it's not worth it. I'm just happy I can cruise at an affordable price and take advantage of some benefits, if not all.

PLUS

What we made in the stock over the last year we can buy many cruises

The following lead to my disappointment with Royal:

1. The BOGO fares are more, than without this "special pricing".

2. Are Balcony discounts are becoming useless.

3. The myvegas awards are not usable, with current promo pricing.

4. The onboard deposit benefit is now meaningless.

5. The onboard coupon book is nothing rewarding.

Etc., etc., etc., and Royal continues to march on with these unfriendly policies.

The following lead to my disappointment with Royal:

1. The BOGO fares are more, than without this "special pricing".

2. Are Balcony discounts are becoming useless.

3. The myvegas awards are not usable, with current promo pricing.

4. The onboard deposit benefit is now meaningless.

5. The onboard coupon book is nothing rewarding.

Etc., etc., etc., and Royal continues to march on with these unfriendly policies.

Also, for the solo cruiser, when they run the BOGO deal it makes it very difficult to sail because the fair is increased on the front end.

we booked under the BOGO and the OBC, but was told we could not get our C&A balcony discount if we took the OBC of $300. Not much of a perk of you can't use it.

Same here when we booked we supposedly got a balcony discount and were told with this discount we wouldn't get any obc. The only discount I saw was 75.00 on the first person then the half off 2nd person with the jacked up rate ...lol. We went ahead and booked though since we thought maybe prices would change by final payment and we wanted a balcony on starboard side and there were only a couple left.

It certainly seems, when you look at it, like they raised many of the base rates 133% so they could then give you a great deal of 25%off (BOGOHO) for a net zero change. I actually did get a decent BOGOHO rate on my upcoming Jewel cruise. I did get my Emerald discount on that. I recently booked a 4 day on the Brilliance and had to take OBC or discount, $200 vs $75, no brainer there.

The only time that the BOGOHO sale was good was at the very beginning of the first one. Last May, I booked a 9 day on the Serenade for Dec, 2015, and got a great deal on a Superior Balcony, plus $100.00 OBC and my C&A discount.It cost me $2217.00 for 2 people. Now that same cruise is $2701.00

It's obvious rcl is slowing doing away with loyalty benefits. Even pinnacles Are getting it in the back. It won't be long before there are no benefits. I'm afraid that's the way it goes. Whatever they give they can take away. I wonder how much the myrId of complaints about not having enough if this and that and the a abuse of some of the benefits such as sneaking people into the diamond and concierge lounge has to do with the slow withdrawal of benefits.

The only time that the BOGOHO sale was good was at the very beginning of the first one. Last May, I booked a 9 day on the Serenade for Dec, 2015, and got a great deal on a Superior Balcony, plus $100.00 OBC and my C&A discount.It cost me $2217.00 for 2 people. Now that same cruise is $2701.00

Even in the beginning when others were scoring pretty good deals, it didn't beat my senior and balcony discounts. :(

It's simple if your really Mad about the new prices Don't Book

At the present time they seem to booking cabins and making more money.

It is only going to change when abunch of us, stop booking RCL cruises.

:):D

I guess I do things differently. I find a cruise I am interested in. Then I look at all the rates I am eligible for, reduce the rate by any discount or OBC I get, then look at the bottom line. If I am happy with the bottom line, I book. If not, I move on to another cruise. For example, I am eligible for Resident, Interline, Military, and Senior rates. I am D+ so I get $250 off Balcony or higher for a 7 night, and I can use a "future cruise" booking and get OBC. The Interline rate isn't combinable with Future Cruise OBC, nor D+ discount. So if the cruise is say $1000 per person regular rate, and the Interline rate is $800 per person, I figure it like this:

$1000 x 2= $2000-$250 (D+ discount)=$1750- $100 (OBC)=$1650/2= $825 per person.

Interline rate:

$800 per person no discounts apply.

So, I would go ahead and book Interline and forego my D+ discount and Future Cruise OBC, and save $25 per person.

Really, cruise prices go up and cruise prices go down. Deals come up and deals go.

I don't care what they call the program, or what offers are available. I only care how much the cruise will cost after factoring the deals and prices. What is the bottom line? If it is one I'm happy with, I book. If not, I move on.

Edited by papaflamingo

I guess I do things differently. I find a cruise I am interested in. Then I look at all the rates I am eligible for, reduce the rate by any discount or OBC I get, then look at the bottom line. If I am happy with the bottom line, I book. If not, I move on to another cruise. For example, I am eligible for Resident, Interline, Military, and Senior rates. I am D+ so I get $250 off Balcony or higher for a 7 night, and I can use a "future cruise" booking and get OBC. The Interline rate isn't combinable with Future Cruise OBC, nor D+ discount. So if the cruise is say $1000 per person regular rate, and the Interline rate is $800 per person, I figure it like this:

$1000 x 2= $2000-$250 (D+ discount)=$1750- $100 (OBC)=$1650/2= $825 per person.

Interline rate:

$800 per person no discounts apply.

So, I would go ahead and book Interline and forego my D+ discount and Future Cruise OBC, and save $25 per person.

Really, cruise prices go up and cruise prices go down. Deals come up and deals go.

I don't care what they call the program, or what offers are available. I only care how much the cruise will cost after factoring the deals and prices. What is the bottom line? If it is one I'm happy with, I book. If not, I move on.

Where is the like button?! So well said. Royal's sales suck and really aren't sales, move on already.