Future of the Infinity

Zoedokey

I see that the Celebrity Infinity is being used starting later in 2018 for 4 and 5 night cruises out of Fort Lauderdale. Do you think this is the first step in phasing out this ship? I feel like the hsips used for short cruises are the less desirables. We couldn't pass up a great deal on the 5 night in Dec 2018 so I hope it is around for a while more.

I also thought I read that it was going in for a short refresh in Fall 2018.

One way of looking at this is these short cruises are many people's first exposure to a cruise line, or to cruising. Would it make sense for a cruise line to have a bad ship be the first impression to a guest?

All four "M" class ships are part of Celebrity's fleet refurb.

IMHO they would not spend the money, nor make them "Edgey" if they planned to sell them off.

Hopefully they will open up more ports (West coast Hawaii???) and smaller venues.

All four "M" class ships are part of Celebrity's fleet refurb.

IMHO they would not spend the money, nor make them "Edgey" if they planned to sell them off.

Hopefully they will open up more ports (West coast Hawaii???) and smaller venues.

They'd need alot of work to make Infinity truly " edgy "... she needs a refit on the AC system...sewage system... re do of AQ showers to get rid of very strong mildew..poor design with the swing doors.

Cosmetic updates are nice, but functional basics are better. The ship is not falling apart by any means, but is showing its age under the surface and above!