Add internet package after a few days onboard?

madre2

A couple of weeks ago, you could try the Internet for free until 5 pm the day of departure. About halfway thru the cruise, you can also order it. One hour continuous time was $24.95 for the week. 24 hours continuous was $49. Unlimited weekly (7day) was $249. Midway thru the cruise, it was about half of the weekly rate at $149.

• 5 months later...
A couple of weeks ago, you could try the Internet for free until 5 pm the day of departure. About halfway thru the cruise, you can also order it. One hour continuous time was $24.95 for the week. 24 hours continuous was $49. Unlimited weekly (7day) was $249. Midway thru the cruise, it was about half of the weekly rate at $149.

I've got a somewhat similar question. We are going on a 14 day cruise in Asia in January, but our actual first 2 days on the ship will be in Singapore, where we will have free data and cell, etc... We really don't need to buy the ships internet until we set sail at the end of the second day of our 14 day. Is the price any different if we wait until day 3 or is it the same as if we buy it right when we get on board. We are select, so we will get a 25% discount regardless of when we sign up, I believe.

I may be wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am incorrect. I believe the Unlimited price remains the same even if you don't sign up on the first day. Having said that I have seen a special a couple time at the halfway point and where it was discounted by 50%.

I was just checking on a couple cruises I have booked in a couple weeks. They currently have a 10% off Sale and the price is $224 for a 7 - 11 day cruise and $287 for a 15 day cruise. These prices reflect the discount.

If you are a CC member - There are discounts -

Classic 10% Select 25%, Elite 30% and Elite Plus 35%. These are NOT applied in addition to the sale price.

I haven’t seen the unlimited internet sold on a remaking day pricing. Like Jim_Iain I have seen the full price until about mid cruise when they sometimes offer a discount, not quite 50%, for the remainder of the Cruise.

Recently on the Solstice we purchased internet as needed. Because we were in Alaska, we were able to use regular AT&T data when in port, so we only purchased internet from the ship on 'sea' days. We opened up the ship's wifi login page and were able to choose a plan to purchase using available OBC. We purchased a 24-hour plan on day 2 and day 5 without problem.

I have seen mid-cruise internet additions handled differently on different cruises. Have taken a 14 night where mid-way through we upgraded for essentially a pro-rated price, and were able to also apply our Elite Plus discount. Same ship later that year - tried the same thing and the price was higher and they wouldn't also apply our discount, but after some arguing lowered the price a bit. Then on a cruise after that, the mid-way price was much higher than a pro-rated price (e.g., it was still less than originally, but even though the cruise was 50% over the price reduction was not 50%). All of these cruises were in the past 2 years. So no matter what you read here, your actual experience and pricing may differ based on our experiences. You can be reasonably sure that it will be available, and it will be less than when you boarded but how much is debatable.