No lobster on Getaway?

Primapnay

I have read in a few recent articles that Lobster was not served on their Getaway cruise. Can anyone confirm this?

I know it's served buffet style the second night so I'm hoping they just did not know where to look and not that NCL discontinued their lobster night.

I have read in a few recent articles that Lobster was not served on their Getaway cruise. Can anyone confirm this?

I know it's served buffet style the second night so I'm hoping they just did not know where to look and not that NCL discontinued their lobster night.

Off Gem last week. Only Lobster served was in Buffet. It was in a pink sauce with pasta. There was someone serving. Each portion contained 2 small pieces of Lobster. I know the subject of Lobster in the MDR has been beatened to death. However IMHO NCL should really reconsider reinstituting Lobster night in the MDR. Carnival and Royal still offer Lobster in MDR. FDR are you listening ?

"Lobster night" was discontinued.

It is true that lobster night as we know and love it is no more and yes, it is served in a pasta on the second night in the buffet (with fettuccini I think).

It is available as an extra cost item in Le Bistro and one of the Cagney's options is Lobster Tail & Shrimp Linguini, which has a whole split lobster tail on top - and I can attest to it's excellence!

This information is as accurate as I can be as I was on the Dawn three weeks ago. We had the UDP (and UBP), so we didn't eat in the MDR all week.

How sad, I was really looking forward to it... Why couldn't they wait to discontinue it until after my cruise at the end of the month :(
Folks have reported that it was discontinued some time ago. Why not have it at a home town restaurant, it will taste just as good or possibly better than the lobster that was served on the ships?

It seems the "Lobster night" discussion never goes away and whether they have it or not doesn't either. Today it is gone, next week back, then gone again. To be honest, I have rarely had a Lobster tail, on any ship, regardless of line that was worth much anyway. I think it is just something many of us, over the years have learned to expect. The best seafood I ever had on a ship was crab legs on Princess about 7 or 8 years ago. THey are now gone as well, I think.

ALHArizona sees it just the way I do.

Edited by newmexicoNita

How sad, I was really looking forward to it... Why couldn't they wait to discontinue it until after my cruise at the end of the month :(

Lobster night was discontinued a while ago (maybe, less than a year). People were talking about this before our cruise last August. We found the Lobster pasta in the buffet.

Those fresh Maine lobster out of the Atlantic ocean's salt water are frozen as they have been dealing with several blizzards lately - besides, it's really out of season so I don't know where NCL is sourcing their frozen ones. It's not a big deal.

As long as NCL continue to serve smoked salmon at breakfast time and offer salmon in the MDR, I will be satisfied. Tuna would be great but I hardly see them serving Monk Fish anymore, using plain white fillet of fish ??? instead.

Jumbo shrimps are fine (calling them "prawns" is questionable given their sizes after it's cooke) but if they serve up those giant ones we saw down in Cabo while we're doing the Star on the Mexico Rivera a few years ago - the size of one's extended hand - I would dive in for them.

Now, let me know if anyone spot these soft shell ones @ 2.75 lbs on any NCL ships' speciality dining room and then we can "talk"

Maine-SDC72.jpg

# Yeah, NOT on NCL cruises - no, they don't and won't have these. Dream on !

Edited by mking8288

My theory as to why NCL stopped offering Lobster night in the MDR is both enconomical and logistical. Enconomically the night Lobster was offered in the MDR the pay specialty restaurants were historically slow..thus reduced revenue. Logistically on Lobster nights the MDR's was overwhelmed with passangers at peak dinner time. Not having Lobster night in the MDR didn't ruin my recent cruise on the Gem. As a matter of fact we had a wonderful time and enjoyed all our meals in the MDR. While the type and size of the Lobster they used to offer was not as tasty as I can get on Long Island, it would certainly be nice if NCL reconsidered their stance and brought back Lobster night.

Edited by NYcruzzer

Ncl discontinued lobster because of a cutback..nowadays all the cruiselines do cutbacks all the time..they reduce quality of food all the time..service standars building bigger ships with more passengers and ratio between crew and passengers has changed dramatically..its the same with airlines and other travel industry mass market companies..nowadays the crews of any airline and of any cruiseline care way more about their product than the financial managers of these companies.these guys just care about less costs bigger profit.thats a shame but thats what it is..i am worried that in the next 10 to 15 years i will have to stop cruising even though i really love it but i see that every year it gets worse and worse.look at rcl offering robes on suites only!!!!Robes!!!they used to offer robes even in the cheapest inside cabins

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Those fresh Maine lobster out of the Atlantic ocean's salt water are frozen as they have been dealing with several blizzards lately - besides, it's really out of season so I don't know where NCL is sourcing their frozen ones. It's not a big deal.

As long as NCL continue to serve smoked salmon at breakfast time and offer salmon in the MDR, I will be satisfied. Tuna would be great but I hardly see them serving Monk Fish anymore, using plain white fillet of fish ??? instead.

Jumbo shrimps are fine (calling them "prawns" is questionable given their sizes after it's cooke) but if they serve up those giant ones we saw down in Cabo while we're doing the Star on the Mexico Rivera a few years ago - the size of one's extended hand - I would dive in for them.

Now, let me know if anyone spot these soft shell ones @ 2.75 lbs on any NCL ships' speciality dining room and then we can "talk"

Maine-SDC72.jpg

# Yeah, NOT on NCL cruises - no, they don't and won't have these. Dream on !

not true...:D

Is only NCL the only cruise line to eliminate lobster from the main dining room? Just curious, because if they stopped serving lobster to save money, why haven't all the other cruise lines followed suit?

Because they serve something they call lobster. It's better that NCL does not serve that crap the other lines serve. My last Celebrity cruise the lobster was about the size of my little finger and was not good at all.