Oasis - Upgrade from 2 ATS (8730) to RLS (1740) - what would you do?

We have the opportunity to move to the Royal Loft Suite for an extra 2k from a 2 ATS, room 8730. Its a family of four with an 8 and 4 y/o. Should we do it? Money isn't the issue at this point, but we don't get out often on family vacations so just making the most of it. I know the RLS is close to CK and the lounge, but ATS has a few of the shows for the kids.

Thoughts?

We have the opportunity to move to the Royal Loft Suite for an extra 2k from a 2 ATS, room 8730. Its a family of four with an 8 and 4 y/o. Should we do it? Money isn't the issue at this point, but we don't get out often on family vacations so just making the most of it. I know the RLS is close to CK and the lounge, but ATS has a few of the shows for the kids.

Thoughts?

Off the top of my head I think the 2brats is is better for a group that size. Second bedroom,pullout couches, pullman beds. Not as central and opulent as the Royal loft but better for a large group if you ask me.

Off the top of my head I think the 2brats is is better for a group that size. Second bedroom,pullout couches, pullman beds. Not as central and opulent as the Royal loft but better for a large group if you ask me.

LOL, what a funny autocorrect substitution error for 2 ATS. At least autocorrect didn't call them rats.

The Royal Loft Suite..1740..IS a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite. It features a baby grand piano..2 person jacuzzi in the master bedroom..jacuzzi on the balcony..huge walk in closet..approx 1500 sf in the room and 800 sf on the balcony.

One bedroom is upstairs, the other downstairs if that might make a difference. We have this suite booked for September..CANT WAIT

Edited by DCT61

The Royal Loft Suite..1740..IS a 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite. It features a baby grand piano..2 person jacuzzi in the master bedroom..jacuzzi on the balcony..huge walk in closet..approx 1500 sf in the room and 800 sf on the balcony.

One bedroom is upstairs, the other downstairs if that might make a difference. We have this suite booked for September..CANT WAIT

Right you are. I forgot about the downstairs bedroom. I was thinking it was just simply bigger than the Star Lofts down the hall from it.

I made this exact move (8730 to 1740) on the Allure just while ago. Had a great price on the ATS and the move to the RLS was $4,800. My in-laws wanted to join my family of four on the cruise so getting almost 2x the space in the RLS turned out to be a great move. Also was able to grab the connecting CLS (1738) for our friends. Left the connecting door and balcony open and basically had an awesome setup. Extra space, nicer rooms, better location (suite complex).

It would be a simple choice at $2,000.

Thanks to everyone for the advice. Prices came down again and now it wouldn’t cost us anything to upgrade. He view of the aqua theater sounds wonderful vs the basketball courts. But the size and layout of the royal loft suite sounds wonderful too. What to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thoughts?

We have an almost-3 y.o. and I wouldn't want the stairs and loft with her. Would require too much watching versus a single-floor suite.

Maybe your 4 y.o. is fully competent with stairs, but if not I don't think I'd pay more money just to have to be more alert about where the little one was at all times.

Maybe it has been too long since I have been around young children, our granddaughter is only 2 yrs old. But if it were me, I would stay with the ATS. You still have 2 bathrooms but the stairs and the bedroom separation (upstairs /downstairs) I would stay with the ATS...

The private hot tub does have its pros too though, but not enough for me to switch

We had the 2 Bed ATS 2 months ago... now, we were all adults, and in my opinion would upgrade to the Royal Loft if we had the chance.. BUT... with children, I would stay with the Aqua Theatre suite. Yes, it is not as fancy as the RL, but the balcony makes up for it. We watched all the aqua theater shows, belly flop contest and even the movies from our balcony, without having to deal with the crowds, or getting there early to grab a good seat. And the view from the balcony was better than any of the seats down below. We did love the balcony of the ATS as it was private, and offered views on the side as well as the back of the ship. You could even see over to the otherside of ship, so when coming into port, or docked at port, you could see all around. But again, if fancy interior is more important, then the Royal Loft is better. But if you like views and to be outside, the Aqua Theatre is the one to pick!!