C & A Question

Hey Everyone,

My parents and I just returned from our 3rd cruise. I always get an inside cabin by myself and my parents get a balcony room directly across from me. I know that i receive double the points from traveling in a cabin by myself and this last trip on the Harmony I became platinum. However, my Dad also received an email about a week ago congratulating him on becoming platinum, but my mom did not. She is currently still at Gold status. How can that be? Shouldn’t they both receive the same amount of points for each cruise? We have been on three 7 night cruises Allure, Oasis, and Harmony. I just was wondering how did my dad become platinum before my mom?

Unfortunately, since the new web site log in was changed earlier this year there have been hic ups.

I recently returned from a Celebrity cruise and knew that my points had been awarded as I was sent a promotional email where it told me I was Elite and showed my increased point score ( I have been Elite since 2012)

I logged in to ‘My Celebrity’ using my RCCL log in details, which I now have to use. I was told there that I had ZERO points and it wouldn’t accept my Captains Club number.

410e83cf7fc3b9c4338f6388a35e5a08.jpg

I rang the given number and later that evening I had a phone call from Miami to tell me that it was because my D.O.B was in the UK format, not the US format!!The lady I spoke to fixed it, so I am now back to Elite.

I logged into DH account and his was correct- Elite and showed his increased points.

As I said, Hic ups since the web site ‘updates.’

Have your Dad call C&A and make sure your mom is linked with him. They should have the same number of points.

Why should he call?

If he leaves it, his dad remains platinum, if he calls his dad gets corrected to Gold?

Or am i looking at it wrong?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They should both be the same. I was Elite before a 2013 Cruise, but DH was Select, so I rang Celebrity as we had both cruised together. His account was correctly updated to Elite. It pays to watch your account after every cruise and know what your status should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It could be that you and your dad got crossed in the upgraded system and the email was actually intended for you. I'd leave well enough alone. We've had a phantom cruise on our account for years, and it has helped us move up in the tiers. Calling RCL to correct their error was never an option for us. Your dad is 14 points shy of Platinum by my count.

I believe they match family members living in same household, so your Mom should get it as well. Check the Crown & Anchor section of RCL’s website before you call. Best of f luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No they do not match by household. They match by relationship status. Married or common law or kids under 18 get matched not mom and dad or siblings.

It could be that you and your dad got crossed in the upgraded system and the email was actually intended for you. I'd leave well enough alone. We've had a phantom cruise on our account for years, and it has helped us move up in the tiers. Calling RCL to correct their error was never an option for us. Your dad is 14 points shy of Platinum by my count.

I would say he is 9 points away. 30 points gets you to platinum