For those interested in the Times for Tomorrow's Zuiderdam Panama Canal Transit

LAFFNVEGAS

For those that want to watch the Zuiderdam tomorrow make her full Transit of the Panama Canal. Below are the exact times. I have always found these times to be right on. I might manage to watch the first set of lock, just need to set up alarm :D The other times I have plans being out and about so will miss :o

The times below are Central Daylight time

700 Enter Gatun Locks

745 Depart Gatun Locks

1150 Pass Gamboa

1320 Arrive Pedro Miguel Locks

1405 Depart Pedro Miguel Locks

1435 Arrive Miraflores Locks

1540 Depart Miraflores Locks

1640 Anchor at Balboa for Bunkers

Does anyone have the link to the web cams :confused: I have not watched recently but cannot find the link, or at least one that works.

We're gonna watch our ship go thru, hehehe, thanks Lisa, DH has been after me to tell him what time she was going thru.

Gatun Locks

Melodie, that is the one with the big camera view :) Are setting your alarm clock too? :D The early one is the only one I will get to see, Tom and I have appoints to get our hair cuts mid morning, then luch plans with friends, so will miss the other two locks.

pancanal.com always seemed to be a good choice.

Typhoon, oddly I could not get that site to come up earlier today but it does appear to be fine now. Thanks:cool:

Melodie, that is the one with the big camera view :) Are setting your alarm clock too? :D The early one is the only one I will get to see, Tom and I have appoints to get our hair cuts mid morning, then luch plans with friends, so will miss the other two locks.

It must be in the air, hair cut day for me too!:D

It must be in the air, hair cut day for me too!:D

Melodie, Oh My Gosh I am laughing and realizing how badly I typed the above message. Nothing like being in a hurry :eek:

Yes I guess it means it is almost cruise time!!! tomorrow is my day off and there has to be those right number of days between getting a hair cut and going on a cruise :cool: It cannot be just a day or two before because then it may not be quite how you want it to be, and too many days before it has lost that new cut / style look :)

Now nails and toes are best to be done just a day or two before if possible ;)

Melodie, Oh My Gosh I am laughing and realizing how badly I typed the above message. Nothing like being in a hurry :eek:

Yes I guess it means it is almost cruise time!!! tomorrow is my day off and there has to be those right number of days between getting a hair cut and going on a cruise :cool: It cannot be just a day or two before because then it may not be quite how you want it to be, and too many days before it has lost that new cut / style look :)

LOL...great minds think alike! I have a hair appt. next Friday for color/cut...and then will get a mani/pedi sometime next week when I return to the mainland.

I'm so in the habit of having the mani/pedi in Fort Lauderdale when we cruise from there....that's not an option this time. I'm such a "creature of habit". :rolleyes:

When we went through the locks on the Zuiderdam my wife got confused with all the time changes and we were waiting for them to open the door to the bow area at 4AM. Needless to say we were first out and had a great view. It was a great experience and I remember it well. I loved that cruise and it really made me a HAL fanatic. Next up is the Baltic on the Eurodam, can't wait!

Gee, I thought I was the only one who went through the mental math of when exactly to have my nails and hair done! I'm glad to see I'm in good company.

Exactly, a few days to early and it will get to long during the cruise, a few day to late and it will be to short. Yes these things have to be planned out. Yes nails and toes just before leaving.:D

We had a few anxious moments late yesterday afternoon when the general alarm sounded. The captain came on the PA sounding breathless and announced that there was smoke detected in the incinerator area and the fire team was responding. He kept updating us and in the end it was determined that a malfunctioning fan had been the source of the smoke and the fiire was where it should be---in the incinerator.

I had the safe emptied into my "go" bag and had the lifejackets on the bed ready to go if the signal was given.

We are approachng the breakwater now and are scheduled in the locks at 7AM according to the daily planner. Pedro Miguel locks at 1:20 and Miraflores Locks at 2:30. These times would be Central as we turned the clocks back an hour last night from Eastern. Due to pass Bridge of the Americas at 3:50.

We had a few anxious moments late yesterday afternoon when the general alarm sounded. The captain came on the PA sounding breathless and announced that there was smoke detected in the incinerator area and the fire team was responding. He kept updating us and in the end it was determined that a malfunctioning fan had been the source of the smoke and the fiire was where it should be---in the incinerator.

I had the safe emptied into my "go" bag and had the lifejackets on the bed ready to go if the signal was given.

We are approachng the breakwater now and are scheduled in the locks at 7AM according to the daily planner. Pedro Miguel locks at 1:20 and Miraflores Locks at 2:30. These times would be Central as we turned the clocks back an hour last night from Eastern. Due to pass Bridge of the Americas at 3:50.

Not the kind of excitement that we like either.

All too often we have been on ships when the fire alarms have gone off and their fires in the silos. Glad it was only a fan.

This is my first live web cam view....I am at work and supposed to be working but this is way too exciting!

Gail, actually it is quite fun watching the ships go thru the locks, they have such great web cams. It always brings back good memories of when we did it on the Statendam:)

Archived