princess cruises shareholder (stock) benefit

johno95

I am all set to apply for a shareholder stock benefit. The Carnival webpage instructs me to send proof of share ownership to Princess Cruises, along with a Santa Clarita, CA address and phone number. But doesn't Princess have an email address for this? I can't imagine calling them up or writing them a snail letter.

Thanks.

I am all set to apply for a shareholder stock benefit. The Carnival webpage instructs me to send proof of share ownership to Princess Cruises, along with a Santa Clarita, CA address and phone number. But doesn't Princess have an email address for this? I can't imagine calling them up or writing them a snail letter.

Thanks.

They discontinued accepting email requests over a year ago and apparently it was due to a lack of security in an email so it's either by fax or snail mail only.

Here's the application form if you don't have it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=285295&d=1378261503

Edited by Astro Flyer

The price went up to $0.49 per letter. I fax mine to my travel agent and she takes care of it for me. Love my TA!

Your TA just faxes to the same location. I love my TA too but I fax it myself and then let my TA know via email so she can check to make sure it's applied.

Does the Shareholder's credit show up in the cruise personalizer like FCC credit or credit from Princess or TA?

Yes it does. So there is no need to call Princess or your TA to see if you have received this OBC. I have my bank fax the forms to Princess.

Sending a Fax costs me nothing and its there is seconds. Sending snail mail costs 49 cents and might get there in a week, but, unlike a FAX, you do not have any proof whether they get it or not :). And now that the Princess show up on the Personalizer we no longer need a return confirmation.

Hank

Sending a Fax costs me nothing and its there is seconds. Sending snail mail costs 49 cents and might get there in a week, but, unlike a FAX, you do not have any proof whether they get it or not :). And now that the Princess show up on the Personalizer we no longer need a return confirmation.

Hank

I agree. The easiest way is to fax the request to Princess and check the Cruise Personalizer to see it has been processed

I just faxed one about 2 weeks ago. At first I had sent the wrong form and I received an e-mail informing me of this within 10 minutes. Once I corrected my mistake I had the credit within a couple hours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, the ahareholder OBC shows on the cruise personalizer.

Thanks. I faxed it on Saturday. It's not showing yet, but I will keep watching. Hopefully I don't have a problem because my brokerage statement does not have our name on each page, only the account number. I sent the cover page with our names and the page that shows we own the stock and blacked out all but the last 4 digits of the account number on both pages. I'm hoping they will accept this as proof of stock ownership.

They discontinued accepting email requests over a year ago and apparently it was due to a lack of security in an email so it's either by fax or snail mail only.

Here's the application form if you don't have it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=285295&d=1378261503

I printed out the form and it applies to sailings prior to July 31, 2014. Does that mean there will be an updated program for August 1, 2014 or will the program be going away? Also the form says "This offer can only be applied to bookings under deposit". What does this mean? I have a paid booking for next month and a deposit on a 15 day cruise in November.

Thanks

I printed out the form and it applies to sailings prior to July 31, 2014. Does that mean there will be an updated program for August 1, 2014 or will the program be going away? Also the form says "This offer can only be applied to bookings under deposit". What does this mean? I have a paid booking for next month and a deposit on a 15 day cruise in November.

Thanks

Every March they approve another year for this program so you'll be okay. You don't need to use the form to apply for the OBC but since it's available I use it.

Not sure why they'd have that statement about "bookings under deposit"?? :confused: You should be okay by applying after final payment on any cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Your TA just faxes to the same location. I love my TA too but I fax it myself and then let my TA know via email so she can check to make sure it's applied.

I just skip the extra step (email my TA). One less thing to worry about. I used to do all the footwork and then turn it over to my TA before final payment is due. Getting too old to remember every little detail (haha). Now I do the preliminary and she follows up on everything. Best of both worlds.

Thanks. I faxed it on Saturday. It's not showing yet, but I will keep watching. Hopefully I don't have a problem because my brokerage statement does not have our name on each page, only the account number. I sent the cover page with our names and the page that shows we own the stock and blacked out all but the last 4 digits of the account number on both pages. I'm hoping they will accept this as proof of stock ownership.

For anyone else in this situation, what I did worked. My credit was applied today.

I faxed mine Friday and nothing yet. :confused: I would have thought they just go in order.

You might want to fax it again or give them a call.. They have gotten a lot better recently so yours may have fallen through the cracks. Mine was posted in less than 24 hours..