Music, Michelin Stars & More - My Mozart Blog

Jayayeff

I know most on the board are engrossed in the NW Passage voyage, (I’m following too as I have four very good friends who are my regular travelling companions onboard), and a river cruise is hardly the ground breaking experience that is, but I’m off to Vienna later this week for my first taste of river cruising onboard the Crystal Mozart and you’re welcome to follow along if you so wish…

As this is a new venture both for me and for Crystal I have set up a travel blog so I can record the experience and review the same when I get back. Claudia did a great job of reporting back from her cruise in late July but I already have quite a list of additional ‘things to check out’ from various friends and fellow cruisers, so if anyone has anything else they would like me to report back on please leave a message here and I’ll do my best to find the answers for you…I won’t duplicate my workload by posting the same content here and to the blog but will check in and post the odd comment or photograph as I go along if the internet and my time permit…

Link to my blog: http://www.travelpod.com/members/jayayeffdxb

Anne...

Anne, thank you for sharing the link and blogging your trip. I promise it will get equal reading time from me as the the NWP blogs. :) A lot of us are as interested in hearing reports of the product with Mozart as we are the ports with the NWP!

Best wishes for a smooth and enjoyable trip.

Vince

So pleased you'll be using valuable drinking time to blog, Anne. I trust your judgement, so will be very interested in your first impressions - warts and all. I'm not sure that a river cruise is a good fit for me, but I'm sure it will be more luxurious than my Irrawaddy adventure.

Look forward to hearing all about it - bon voyage. x

Anne, I'm beyond impressed that you know 7 languages. When we travel I'm always in awe of those who speak multiple languages while I get by with only English and high school French. Maybe someday ...

I look forward to your Mozart blog. We'll be traveling during that time so I have it bookmarked to read upon our return. We booked a Mahler cruise for next year but we're still not sure it's right for us. So I'm eagerly reading every blog/review I can find for Crystal river cruises. Happy travels!

Anne, thanks in advance for doing a blog of your experiences since its new to pretty much everyone. With regard to your comment about all eyes on the NWP, I chuckled to myself the other day thinking that Symphony could sink and it wouldn't get the slightest of attention around here!

I chuckled to myself the other day thinking that Symphony could sink and it wouldn't get the slightest of attention around here!

Now that definitely isn't true :eek:

I've got my eyes firmly set on the travels of Crystal Symphony and her journey to Auckland to pick us up for the Holiday cruise and I know a good number of others who are sailing the Pacific from San Diego in December :D Having said that you're right in that I have no idea where she specifically is right now other than in the Med

Nancy NJBeaglemom did a good blog on her Symphony cruise last week - hats off to Nancy for staying focused on her holiday and enjoying herself with the occasional post on CC and now more complete entries on the blog - she has the right balance :p

Bon Voyage to Anne - safe travels and have fun with your friends

Edited by Bodogbodog

Anne, have a fabulous time. I'm betting on it!

I'm especially looking forward to hearing all about it from you, b/c last summer, Mr. B. and I were fortunate enough to visit every one of your stops. Of course Crystal wasn't in the picture yet, but we did pick a line that provided an absolutely lovely experience.

I expect the Mozart to be even better!

And it will be so special to me, b/c I'll recognize much of what you tell us about. Just a day or two ago, after somebody alerted us that Mozart's web cam is now up and running, I recognized Passau! Now THAT was exciting for me.

We enjoyed our cruise so very much, and then Claudia let me remember it all again. Now you will be blogging. I consider myself lucky, to join your readers. :)

Anne, we will just be getting back from our Canadian Rockies adventure while you begin yours on Crystal Mozart. Have a fabulous time- Terry and I will be following your blog and say hello to Mark Farris for us. Know you will enjoy to the fullest! Ginny

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Anne, I'm so excited that you are writing this blog. It's been interesting to follow your posts as you made plans, and changed plans, and tried to find out what was really happening on this trip. It appears you have it sorted out and have a good philosophy about handling it all. I'll read your entries with great interest and appreciate the time you are spending to share your experience.

• 2 weeks later...
How's the cruise? I was looking forward to following along via your blog and am eager for an update!

I know it's coming - turned out she was so busy having fun and the Internet coverage was limited that posting during the cruise wasn't so easy. The cruise is finished now and I've seen some comments and lots of great shots on social media so I know when she has time the review will be interesting

Edited by Bodogbodog

Arrived home late Monday night, and as Bodogbodog mentioned I was unable to post blog entries whilst away due to internet and time restraints, will start to get them up along with photos asap. Will also post a review of the Crystal Mozart as soon as I can get that done too..

Anne...