Independence lounge change

NYCrews

Diamond Lounge on Independence has been moved to the card room/game room while the old Diamond Lounge is under construction. We were told that the old Diamond Lounge is becoming the Suite Lounge. The card room still needs to be renovated too, so not sure why they didn't just make that the Suite Lounge like they did on Liberty.

Does anyone know more?

Port side scrubber is there. Starboard one and funnel housing to hide them are not there yet. The whole scrubber project will be done in a year. The diamond lounge was moved at the end of October. The recent TA used the olive and twist and the old lounge as a overflow can't imagine suite passengers wanting to walk thru a noisy and full room of diamond to get to the suite lounge

Yuck. I have 2 cruises booked on Indy and I hope there is a nice space for the Diamond lounge. The Diamond lounge experience has been one of my favorite things about RC Freedom class. Will we still have the espresso machine?

Edited by royalcruz

We just got off Indy. Were not impressed by the atmosphere or service in the Diamond Lounge. Heavy drinkers occupying tables for long periods demanding service..... It was much more pleasant to use the free drinks nearby at the bar - much nicer atmosphere.

Diamond Lounge on Independence has been moved to the card room/game room while the old Diamond Lounge is under construction. We were told that the old Diamond Lounge is becoming the Suite Lounge. The card room still needs to be renovated too, so not sure why they didn't just make that the Suite Lounge like they did on Liberty.

Does anyone know more?

Where is the Card Room? Do you mean the Seven Hearts?

On Liberty the Suite Lounge is quite a bit larger than the Diamond Club. It's quite possible that Indy will make the old DC into the SL and make the card rooms into a bigger Diamond Club. Eventually both areas will have an outside area.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Didn't Liberty use both the card room and the game room as the new SL. I wonder if that is what is happening on Indy for the temp DL

I think Freedom will go that route someday. Freedom lost the card room almost two years ago for the scrubber project. They used to use it as an overflow for the DL.

Would not surprise me, it looks like Indy is on that same path now.

Though, to my knowledge, Liberty is still letting D+ have access to the SL.

Didn't Liberty use both the card room and the game room as the new SL. I wonder if that is what is happening on Indy for the temp DL

Yes. Suite Lounge used both. That's what I was saying might be possible. On Liberty there have been many complaints about the DC being smaller with not enough room for all the D's and D+.

I don't think D+ have been allowed in the SL since May.

There were no D+ allowed in the SL last week on the Liberty. I was talking to one of the Liberty frequent cruisers, and she said the D+ access ended some time in late April.

There were no D+ allowed in the SL last week on the Liberty. I was talking to one of the Liberty frequent cruisers, and she said the D+ access ended some time in late April.

We traveled the last two weeks on Serenade and many D+ were in the CL/SL. Their SeaPass opened the door.. What ships only offer a SL? Are P's allowed in?

Edited by troykahack

We traveled the last two weeks on Serenade and many D+ were in the CL/SL. Their SeaPass opened the door.. What ships only offer a SL? Are P's allowed in?

Technically, there is no SL on Serenade, just a CL and DL.

Currently, there are Suite Lounges on Oasis, Allure, Harmony, and Liberty. Only full suite guests and PC members have access.