Best price for Beer?

Stoneham92

We usually get beer at happy hour. But one, get one for 2.00. We take them back to the room and keep them on ice. When/if we run out , we just hit the happy hour again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does Holland Vandem sell bucket of beers on board?

Here is the Bar Menu that show what beers are available (scroll down) to include the prices for buckets of beer: 5 12 OZ for $29, 5 16 OZ for $30, and 5 Grolsch Premium for $34.

On ms Volendam in March and April, my husband would buy a beer with his lunch now and then. Sometimes they would give him two for the price of one. Not sure how to predict that special.

Barbara

That's the special at the Lido Bar, they put out a beer of the day and offer it 2 for 1...

Wow! I've never seen that. (And I've spent considerable time at Lido Bars). Is that just on certain ships? Thanks.

Look for a sign on the bar around the Lido pool. It hasn't been on all the ships or all the time.

A bit hit or miss.

Sandra

Wow! I've never seen that. (And I've spent considerable time at Lido Bars). Is that just on certain ships? Thanks.

This was on the Prinsendam, the bar at the lido pool, it's like a theme, in Chili they had a Chilean beer, sometimes an Aussie beer etc. I don't think they do that on the Koningsdam etc...

Now where do you recommend getting water to drink.

The bathroom sink and the Lido are two options. If you fill your container in the Lido, use a glass to get the water, then transfer it to your vessel.

You can also bring your container to a bar and ask the bartender to fill it.

The beer specials (outside of happy hour) are in my experience to run down particular stock such as when doing a repositioning cruise - eg Red Stripe when moving from Fort Lauderdale originating cruises to Alaska for the season.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for your photos of stuff we all wonder about. I'm finding it extremely helpful! All us new HA sailers should bookmark your site for reference ....

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2

Well done Roger!

Thank you for your photos of stuff we all wonder about. I'm finding it extremely helpful! All us new HA sailers should bookmark your site for reference ....

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/specialty-2

Well done Roger!

It is an excellent resource and a labor of love. I have been here for a while on and off and I still see new HAL info and useful blog sites posted from time to time that are known to some but not all. I have my go to sites but am always so happy to "discover" a new one. I just truly enjoy reading, researching, and seeing pictures. :)

We have a brewer nearby who has music outside (for free) during the week and I can get a great glass of beer for $7 (which is about what I paid on K'dam the last week of June). Of course the 6 pack of Blue Moon in the fridge was $9 but my kitchen doesn't have the ambiance of the Crow's Nest. Then, as a kid growing up outside of Philly, Rolling Rock (from the glass lined tanks of Old Latrobe) was great. I can get an 18 pack of Rolling Rock for $9 now too (but I have no idea what it's like since it's been acquired AB).