NEW HAL Mariner Program NOW on website

piedmont

Sarah,

Since we have your attention and you are still in the process of tweeking the new mariner program--will you please consider adding internet time and do include the wine card in the reward program. The current reading is problematic as it states "all wine packages" and most people consider the wine card as a wine package. Thanks so much for your concern and answering our questions. We do really appreciate HAL trying to do special things for its long time customers. mygate

On the date we sail, passengers on nine ships will receive days for spending, but we will recieve only sea days. Passengers on nine ships will be recieving perks from the new program, but we will receive none of those. I don't understand this at all.

How wonderful it would be if there were no more Art Auctions not only on HAL but on other cruise lines. ;)

Jennie

Interesting reading here (Google if my friend:)) ...

The news release about Park West and HAL parting company: http://www.free-press-release.com/news/200903/1236802831.html

And apparently, there are lawsuits against Park West, one of them mentioned here: http://www.fineartadvocacy.com/articles/2009/08/park-west-gallery-has-another-class-action-lawsuit-filed-against-them.php

So the Medallion Levels will still be achieved the same way as alway.... One day for every day sailed no matter the category cabin.

If we have 500 days, take a 7 day cruise in a Suite, at the end of the cruise we will have 507 days?

If someone is already at the 200 day four star level, they no longer count days or bonus days at all for anything? Right? They are 'maxed out'?

Why am I finding this confusing? :confused: I'm really not all THAT dumb. :D

The way I read it, you will have 507 days towards the Platinum level medallion, and 514 plus $spent/300 Cruise Day Credits. BUT - the 314 plus days will be useless, because there are no additional benefits above 200. They may as well stop counting those at 200.

I have, I kid you not, 7 days on HAL! Is there a medal for that? Oh, never you mind. What do those medallions look like? Are they like, real gold and silver and all that stuff or is it like you got them out of a cracker jax box? Just wondering. I should win an award for sailing so often on Carnival and NCL. What a trial.

love,

Susie:)

I have, I kid you not, 7 days on HAL! Is there a medal for that? Oh, never you mind. What do those medallions look like? Are they like, real gold and silver and all that stuff or is it like you got them out of a cracker jax box? Just wondering. I should win an award for sailing so often on Carnival and NCL. What a trial.

love,

It's like a badge

but is it like the girl scout badges? You know, you sew them on this strange sash that you wear around your neck and torso to show everyone your accomplishments? Kind of some incentive program. I'm way behind on this matter but hope to get cranking.:)

but is it like the girl scout badges? You know, you sew them on this strange sash that you wear around your neck and torso to show everyone your accomplishments? Kind of some incentive program. I'm way behind on this matter but hope to get cranking.:)

Only 293 days to go for you:D

No, Suse, it's not like a sew-on scout badge.

You must pin it on or something. Yeah, I'm a little slow on this cruise-booking thing and I'll get with the program at some point. A little laid back, I am afraid. It's fun, though, to think of everyone with all those many days on cruises with HAL. Living the Dream! Who's better than you!:)

Love,

Susie

Part of my prob is living by the ocean and it's hard to leave. That's not being a braggart, just reality. Every time I want to cruise, my life partner refuses to leave the premises. Whatever. I do love the idea of earning medals for cruising, though. How fun. Kind of like being a Queen for a Day!:)

Hi Suse- I was only funnin about the badge. Copper has posted pictures of the medals before. Perhaps he will post them again.

I hope Donny is doing better,and you as well

Jay

You must pin it on or something. Yeah, I'm a little slow on this cruise-booking thing and I'll get with the program at some point. A little laid back, I am afraid. It's fun, though, to think of everyone with all those many days on cruises with HAL. Living the Dream! Who's better than you!:)

Love,

Susie

Part of my prob is living by the ocean and it's hard to leave. That's not being a braggart, just reality. Every time I want to cruise, my life partner refuses to leave the premises. Whatever. I do love the idea of earning medals for cruising, though. How fun. Kind of like being a Queen for a Day!:)

Suse, the closest thing I can compare it to is a soap on a rope ... but actually, it's a flat coaster-sized metal disc hanging from a wide ribbon for wearing around the neck. I don't have any, but I think the HAL logo (the ship logo) is embossed/etched on the front and the back may be blank, or there may be some inscriptions there. Get the picture now?

I'm such a fan of your humor, thank you PD. When I am here, it's the time I'm not working or at hospital. So, this is truly my enjoyable time, thank you.

Update on Donny. Doing better. Still on O2 but what a sigh of relief we are feeling now as he turns for the better. Finally. Donny will face some rehab and that is quite normal for ARDS, and we are there for him and it will be fine, I hope sincerely and absolutely.

Thank you for your concern.

love,

Susie

I'm such a fan of your humor, thank you PD. When I am here, it's the time I'm not working or at hospital. So, this is truly my enjoyable time, thank you.

Update on Donny. Doing better. Still on O2 but what a sigh of relief we are feeling now as he turns for the better. Finally. Donny will face some rehab and that is quite normal for ARDS, and we are there for him and it will be fine, I hope sincerely and absolutely.

Thank you for your concern.

love,

Susie

Great to hear about Donny! Continued thoughts and prayers from Michigan for both of you!

but we are off-message now and I will be in deep trouble. Thank you for your kind words. Ok now we can talk about those pesky medallions again, whatever they look like! I'll keep wondering.:) Good night, off to bed. Have a good one everyone.

love,

Susie

love,

The HAL seven day medallion is made of paper.

You download it from the HAL website along with your luggage tags.:)

Rich

They gave medallions to 100 day and 200 day passengers on our Alaska Set. 6 - 13 cruise on Westerdam at the Mariners Brunch. There was no mention of discontinuing the program.
The new Mariner's program was just announced as you were getting home, and won't go into effect on the Westerdam for two more days yet.

In the initial announcement, all medals were going to be discontinued, but HAL changed their mind and decided to drop just the 100 day (Copper) level.

Archived