NEW HAL Mariner Program NOW on website

piedmont

I just wrote Hal an email.

On my Mariner Record List, I have 65 days

On the booking for my next cruise, it shows I am 2** and only 45 days. I want to be sure they correct the problem on my booking before the trip next year. Anybody else encounter this with the transition?

I can't imagine HAL sending out the new pins via the mail -- would be much cheaper to give them to people on the ship -- just like they do the medallions.

Wonder if the people sailing right now will get their pins??

I like your idea of Jan 1 being the change over date.

We sail Oct 24th so if they mail them -- doubt if we will get them in time.

You & Sproket might be right..Only reason I wondered if they were doing them now for those who have reached a star level is, because someone posted that they were doing a mass mailing announcing the new program..The HAL FAQ's state they are going to mail the pins out after the person completes their cruise..

That got me to thinking that initially the pins might be sent at the same time as the mass mailing..

Agree with you , it would be less expensive if they distributed them on board or on check-in initially..Then mailed them after the program started to kick in for those who have not yet reached a star level..

Perhaps someone who is boarding in the next week or so will report back & tell us how the new program worked for them..

Cheers..:)Betty

On the booking for my next cruise, it shows I am 2** and only 45 days. I want to be sure they correct the problem on my booking before the trip next year. Anybody else encounter this with the transition?

No..Just checked our on-line check in & they have the correct number of days for us..

Betty

Hi Lettie! My count is accurate but when I signed in, it gave Fred's name, not mine. I'll email the PCC tomorrow to see if she can straighten it out.

You must be getting excited for your TA cruise...it's right around the corner!

Yes. Since I didn't even have an account with HAL, I was considered a one star. My husband does all the preregistering under his account and he is considered a 3 star. I now have to get HAL to recognize all my cruise days. Glad this is happening long before our next cruise.

Yes -- we had to call HAL last week and get our days straightened out as well.

One set of records they had on us was wrong -- the other set was correct.

Hi Lettie! My count is accurate but when I signed in, it gave Fred's name, not mine. I'll email the PCC tomorrow to see if she can straighten it out.

You must be getting excited for your TA cruise...it's right around the corner!

Yes innlady1 Sheila I am very excited about my upcoming Carnival Dream transatlantic (Oct 27 but 3 days in Rome first) and when I get back I will post here a comparison with HAL. I have done 2 HAL TAs. I am looking forward to a change in lines for something different. Then back to HAL next year for Top of the World in July. That is why I wanted to get my mariner points straightened out since I noticed a discrepancy between my mariner history and my next booking. Some of the other good nuts must also be getting excited about their TAs on Rotterdam too.

I also booked a Panama Canal today with Carnival because they are bringing the Elation from San Diego to Mobile Alabama at the end of April and I want to go west - east for PC, nice itinerary and I will get off in Tampa and fly home from there. I think I have become a drunken sailor with these bookings!:eek: So it looks like no winter cruise for me this year.

Lettie

Yes, mine has two days missing and my husband's account shows that he hasn't ever been on a cruise before!!

I have sent them a few emails to try and sort it out, it is far too costly to phone from here plus there is the time difference, and the latest is that they have given my DH a completely different Mariner's number to his correct one so once again I have sent more emails.

Hopefully, between now and when we are on the Prinsendam in 6 weeks time, it will be all sorted out.

Jennie

I'm amazed that a thread about a change in perks brings 26 pages of posts in a small number of days. I know we're all different and cruise for many different reasons, but truthfully I can't think of a perk in the world that would make me choose one line over another.

With rare exception, we would hop on just about any ship that will sail away from the pier to the destination of our choice, take me away from the daily chores of living, doing dishes, laundry and answering the phone or opening the mail.

So a medallion around my neck, a discount in the shops or specialty restaurants, or even free laundry or priority boarding (which really is nice) can't get me to necessarily choose a HAL cruise over another.

But wait!!!!!!:D:D There is one thing that would .... if, after so many days of sailing they gave us a free cruise, that just might do the trick. Southwest does that after you've gotten a certain number of points which can be attained in several ways, you get a free R/T to anywhere.

I have to admit that if HAL offered that, I would definitely make sure that I always cruise HAL just as I have always flown SW whenever their planes take me where I'm going.:)

Yes, mine has two days missing and my husband's account shows that he hasn't ever been on a cruise before!!

I have a few emails to try and sort it out, it is far too costly to phone from here ..........Jennie

Hi aussie gal Jennie

I find HAL is very good replying to emails. It may take a few days but they do reply and correct things and I am most impressed.

As far as perks, it is nice in some cases but not that important I suppose. However since there is so much competition in the business world it is nice to be appreciated for my custom. As far as medallions go, they remind me of school and getting stars for good work etc and it is fun.

I am 4 stars, but my DH is showing 0 stars. When he called the Mariner Desk at HAL, he was told he needed to get a different Email address, and it would show up at that Email address corrected. He opened a Yahoo acct., but so far, he still has 0 stars. I told him not to worry, I would "take care of him". Whenever I got something for my 4 stars....I would tell him all about it! Carol

Carol, just the opposite happened to us. Virgil has the status and I show up with a big goose egg. I emailed from the site. It is weird. If we go into register on line both of us are there with all of our days listed. However, if I look myself up even with my own email address there is a 0 days with no cruises and no status.

We leave in 15 days for our next cruise. I want this dealt with ASAP.

Many months ago there was a thread here that Park West was abandoning HAL:eek::eek::eek: ... not sure of the timeframe and/or whether the auctions currently are past history, as I've not seen any mention at all recently of the art auctions.

More like HAL are abandoning Park West!

Stephen

Carol, just the opposite happened to us. Virgil has the status and I show up with a big goose egg. I emailed from the site. It is weird. If we go into register on line both of us are there with all of our days listed. However, if I look myself up even with my own email address there is a 0 days with no cruises and no status.

Trisha - Hope it all gets sorted out for you. Made us go and look at Carey's account but it turns she's up to date and correct. She was assigned a Mariner's number for her first cruise, our honeymoon cruise, and we had to do some negotiation with HAL to get those transferred from her maiden to married name but it worked. HAL was pretty good about that back a few years ago so hopefully you won't have a problem. I imagine they're getting a lot of inquiries, etc., with the new program.

More like HAL are abandoning Park West!

Last week on Zuiderdam I paused to observe the art auction for a few moments. There were only 11 people sitting there, and that was after several had got up and walked out (after drinking their free champagne). None had bid on the seven or eight pictures that were up during my observation. I had to admire the auctioneer for his perseverance, despite wasting his time describing each picture.

Donald.

That is what happened to me. My DH has the status and I have the big goose egg. I emailed the Mariner's link, but I imagine they are being inundated with e-mails regarding the changes and Mariners' whose records aren't correct.

On another subject: We also love the islands of the Pacific especially Tahiti. I thought you had chosen Kakalina because your name is Katherine, but I see my one of your recent posts that isn't true. Wish I had thought of using a Hawaiian word or name. Have a wonderful cruise. Wishing we were also going, but we are still doing some part time work to pay for more cruising.

Sharon, my middle name is Kathleen and hence the screen name Kakalina - there isn't a Hawaiian version of my given name.

Cool. I really do think you have the coolest member name, but then I am really crazy about Hawaii and anything Polynesian, Micronesian and Melanesia. If I had chosen to do the same, I would have been Kalona. But then I would have been copying you and that wouldn't have been cool.

:)

Hmmmmm ...

Since I have 211 days, I am already a 4-Star Member.

And, it would appear, there are no more levels above 4-Star. At least, I don't see any.

Note:

In short, they're downgrading the upper-levels and doing away with distinctions beyond 200 days. In other words ... they don't want people cruising any more than 200 days. :)

:)They certainly are discouraging the suite passengers.

:( Guess they don't want us anymore either and we're close to embarking on 38 days in October and then 34 in March. I have 219 and DH has 223 days. But, with these two longer cruises, believe you me, was are going to take advantage of the laundry benefit for sure. Since the 38 day one has 6 tender ports, that will also look pretty darn good to us type A's. (Haven't looked at the number of tender ports for the March cruise, but imagine there are enough to enjoy this perk as well.)

:):)They certainly are discouraging the suite passengers.

Since I posted what you quoted HAL has come back and re-instated the Medallion levels above 200 ... so, now the 300, 500, and 700 day level medallions are back. This, combined with the nice perks in the 200-day 4-Star Mariner program, really helps a great deal.

I understand that it upsets Suite Passengers that others are getting some of the perks that only they got ... or are we? The suite passenger have been paying for, rolled into their Suite fare, unlimited laundry and dry cleaning. 200+ 4-Star Mariners are now going to get unlimited non-express laundry BUT NOT Dry Cleaning. So, in effect, the Suite Passengers still get more in their Suite perks than the rest of us plebes get in our 4-Star Mariner status.

And, I would venture to guess, HAL will be upgrading some of the Suite Passenger perks to offset what is "lost" to the 4-Star Mariner program.

Also, don't forget that the Suite passengers do have much larger cabins which is really the reason for the higher prices compared to the rest of the ship.

And a much larger balcony

And access to the Neptune Lounge and it's private concierge.

And dining arrangements priority

And the Suite Luncheon

And access to the Pinnacle for Breakfast

Etc.

Archived