NEW HAL Mariner Program NOW on website

piedmont

I love the new Mariner program. I love the medallions but I love 50% off wine packages and specialty restaurants more. 15% off in the gift stores too. It is too wonderful. Thank you Holland America.

Leslie

P.S. Blue Whale, you are spending entirely too much time on the high seas. How about the 2011 WC? We love the itinerary and are going to try to go. Hope to see you on board.

Tatoos!

HAL could give each requesting passenger complimentary tatoo of the appropriate color medal on their chest, arm or forehead, whichever the individual preferred. One could also start a chain of tatoos with the new number of days cruised on HAL add each cruise and the old number lined out. (I am just KIDDING!!, but for some it might be a solution.)

Tatoos!

HAL could give each requesting passenger complimentary tatoo of the appropriate color medal on their chest, arm or forehead, whichever the individual preferred. One could also start a chain of tatoos with the new number of days cruised on HAL add each cruise and the old number lined out. (I am just KIDDING!!, but for some it might be a solution.)

I've got 1000 days

tattoo-face.jpg

Hi All~ We are listening here. The Medallions do seem to be important to many of our loyal cruisers. We have decided to keep the Medallion program for recognition: 300 day silver medallion, 500 day gold medallion and 700 day platinum medallion. We are working on updating our communications, including this new Q&A (below). We hope you enjoy the other new perks that go along with the program as well. Happy cruising...:D

Sarah_at_HAL

Will I still receive medallions and pins as I have in the past?

Existing lapel pins will be replaced with brand new lapel pins for Two-Star, Three-Star and Four-Star Mariners. After qualifying for a new level, you will receive your new pin in the mail and can also request a pin onboard any Holland America Line ship. In addition, we will continue to recognize our most loyal Mariners through the awarding of a special medallion; a Silver Medallion for guests sailing with us for a total of 300 days, a Gold Medallion for guests achieving 500 days, and our highest level Platinum Medallion for those guests who have joined us for 700 or more days.

I just spoke with the mariner rep in Seattle. The wine card is NOT included in the discount, only the bottles of wine in the wine package. Water is included in the discount and the comp photo is one of your choice--not whichever they want to give you. mygate

Thanks for checking...No problem, we will just purchase a wine package..

Betty

We have always booked our cruises for the itinerary and we look at our three favourite cruise lines when doing so. We were about to get our 100 day medallion in 7 weeks time which would have been fun to receive and I can understand people being upset.

The new Mariner programme is quite good but in my opinion it does not come up to Princess's Captain's Club rewards. We will be Elite passengers on our next cruise

and then we will receive free laundry plus other perks as well as the free internet which we are now entitled to as Platinum cruisers. To me, free internet is wonderful, especially as we travel so far from home and usually always take long cruises.

I doubt we will get to four star on HAL unless we do a RWC as time is running out for us, and we now only take the unusual itineraries.

Jennie

I just spoke with the mariner rep in Seattle. The wine card is NOT included in the discount, only the bottles of wine in the wine package. Water is included in the discount and the comp photo is one of your choice--not whichever they want to give you. mygate

We had just been discussing the wine card re the wine package at lucnh and we had decided to go with the wine package. Now that the discount is not included when purchasing the wine card it makes our decision even easier.

Thanks for the information.

Jennie

Hi All~ We are listening here. The Medallions do seem to be important to many of our loyal cruisers. We have decided to keep the Medallion program for recognition: 300 day silver medallion, 500 day gold medallion and 700 day platinum medallion. We are working on updating our communications, including this new Q&A (below). We hope you enjoy the other new perks that go along with the program as well. Happy cruising...:D

Sarah_at_HAL

Existing lapel pins will be replaced with brand new lapel pins for Two-Star, Three-Star and Four-Star Mariners. After qualifying for a new level, you will receive your new pin in the mail and can also request a pin onboard any Holland America Line ship. In addition, we will continue to recognize our most loyal Mariners through the awarding of a special medallion; a Silver Medallion for guests sailing with us for a total of 300 days, a Gold Medallion for guests achieving 500 days, and our highest level Platinum Medallion for those guests who have joined us for 700 or more days.

Wow...Thanks Sarah...It's so nice of you to post this after hours...

It's nice to know that HAL still cares about their loyal cruisers..I'm sure those with the high day count will be pleased to hear about this tomorrow morning..

You've made many future medallion holders very happy..

Thanks again & Goodnight..

Betty

Hi All~ We are listening here. The Medallions do seem to be important to many of our loyal cruisers. We have decided to keep the Medallion program for recognition: 300 day silver medallion, 500 day gold medallion and 700 day platinum medallion.
That's what I call a win-win. Tangible benfits plus recognition. I'm thrilled with the new HAL Mariner Program. :):)

Sarah Thanks so very much. I'm No where near medallion levels yet, I think I might jusy make 2 star after my cruise in October. In fact I'm sure I will. Unfortunately my work has interupted my cruise schedule for the last few years. But I always loved Hal from the very start.

Mostly because I felt that the staff was so nice. Now You have confirmed that not only is the ship board staff but also HO staff are the best "Dam" Staff on the Ocean.

Cheers! to all and hip hip hooray.

I'm very happy that the 300+ day cruisers will still receive medallions. Great response HAL! That is another reason you are our favorite line. On a personal level, it has taken us many years to reach our 100-day mark. The joke was on me when I told DH that the 5-day cruise I convinced him to splurge on in May just so we could be assured of our 100-day medallion next week was not to be. Ha Ha ... we will receive a 75-day pin not a 100-day medallion. At our age and as long as it took us to save for 101-days, we will not see the 300-day medallion. However, we do not regret any travels with HAL and their wonderful crew. They have been wonderful vacations! It will be interesting to cruise the first week of the new program!

Kathy

Pipedreams62,

Rats, just when we had a good idea! Love the proposed design. Maybe some will still want Tats.

Aussie Girl,

Just got back from a Princess cruise as Elite and Platinum level Princess level cruisers. Loved the perks, but sort of a trade-off compared to the new HAL program in my mind. For the Princess cruise you max out at 150 days. The main perk program differences to ME were the internet credit on Princess (remember the credit is limited by the number of days on the cruise, so it is not unlimited time) and the discounts on wine packages and speciality restaurants on HAL.

Very impressed that HAL has listened to its frequent cruisers and will continue with the medals for numbers of days. Hope that everyone is happy!!! Glad to see that HAL takes a peak here as well when there is feedback around change!!

:D:D:D

Good evening,

Earlier this evening (east coast time), I emailed the administrative offices of HAL and explained that my husband and I had very close to 700 days —about 698 days—and would be disappointed not to receive platinum medallions/pins on our next HAL voyage. Just a few minutes ago (about an hour after I sent my email), I got a call from Greg, in the administrative offices. He carefully reviewed our cruise history, made some corrections to include cruises that were not on the record, and promised he would have the platinum medallions sent out to us as soon as possible. He spent considerable time with me going over our cruise history. I was impressed with his care and sincerity.

He also said that HAL would continue to host special events for their faithful cruisers who have amassed many days with HAL, such as the luncheon that the President of HAL hosts on the world cruise for those with 700 days and the dinner for those on the world cruise who are members of the President's Club. He assured me that HAL intends to keep recognizing those who are faithful HAL cruisers, although not via the medallions/pins route.

I got the firm impression that frequent cruisers such as many of us on this board are very important to the management at HAL.

So if you are right on the cusp of receiving a medallion/pin, let the Mariner Society offices know.

I told Greg about the concerns of some of us on the CC boards who would have been awarded a higher-level medal on their next cruise. He suggested that folks in that situation should call or write the Mariner Society at HAL and ask that their medals be sent out. He said there are still medals in the store rooms, and HAL would be more than happy to send ones to faithful cruisers.

That is wonderful news -- so glad that you are going to get your medals!!!

Congratulations!!

I think it is mentioned in the Q&A section, but I do know this to be the case, that the 1-4 Star logos shown on the website will be printed on your room keys. This is how staff will know your status. It is also to print on your Signature Boarding Pass, which will let staff at the pier (BEFORE you get your room key) know that you should get the priority boarding.

Just ran off our Signature Boarding passes on Wednesday -- 4 star status not showing on them.

Sarah_at_HAL

Thanks -- that is good news!!

Sarah_at_HAL

Dear Sarah:

Does this mean that the 100 day copper medallion has been discontinued?

We all know that HAL reads these boards. Now we have proof. Wonderful, caring and responsive proof. :D

Many thanks to Sarah from HAL for letting us know of the decision to keep the higher number medallions. HAL cruisers now have the best of both worlds.

I am impressed by the fast response and equally fast decision to keep the medals. Unusually quick for a corporation. :rolleyes:

Thanks to all here of CC who were quick to let HAL know how we felt about the new program.

Ain't we a great bunch of folks??!! ;):D

I am not even sure how many days I have on HAL, but it may be close to 200 as we always book suites, because we travel as a family. This system will cause havoc with the laundry, which is now a problem. We had torn clothing, holes in knit shirts and all white underwear turned gray on our last cruise. To add a very crowded Pinnacle Grill to the mix will make our future cruises less enjoyable, even though we will receive a reduction in the tariff there. A 50% reduction in pricing for wine could be a problem, too...More intoxicated passengers. This new system will increase bookings, but possibly change the cruising experience for the worse....and we will benefit from it financially in some respects.

How does this translate into more intoxicated passengers and holes in knit shirts and underwear turned gray?:confused:

Archived