NEW HAL Mariner Program NOW on website

piedmont

And a much larger balcony

And access to the Neptune Lounge and it's private concierge.

And dining arrangements priority

And the Suite Luncheon

And access to the Pinnacle for Breakfast

Etc.

Do not, repeat, do NOT book a suite to celebrate a special year of milestone events unless you are willing to extend the "saving up" period average folks like us require between cruises...

It was the Pinnacle Breakfast that got DH... sigh. :o

That is the one thing about it that bothers me too. Not for myself, but because I know it's important to others and they really look forward to it.

My DH got his copper medallion with Greg and it was fun to have friends there sharing in the experience. :)

I don't know the big deal about pins and medallions,,, they just collect dust, get out and enjoy your cruise........nobody cares if you have a medallion or not........ you aren't promised tomorrow....and Holland America is great.....

I sent an e-mail yesterday to HAL since I had a status of 1 star and no cruise record even though my husband had a status of 3 star. Today I received an e-mail with a record of all my cruises and my status was updated on the HAL website so that I am no longer a goose egg.

So everyone should check their status, it looks like HAL Mariners Society responses quickly.

I'd like to know how they are going to work it when you go from one star catagory to another right in the middle of your cruise. I'm thinking they will make you wait til your next cruise to get the extra perks.

Sorry if this has already been covered, I have not read the whole thread yet.

I too had queries with my cruises, and my DH "History" didn't show any cruises at all. I sent some emails at the end of last week and today everything has been fixed and we are both up to date. HAL has done a great job in a short time as I imagine it hasn't been easy with so many cruisers having queries like ours.

Thanks HAL.

Jennie

I'd like to know how they are going to work it when you go from one star catagory to another right in the middle of your cruise. I'm thinking they will make you wait til your next cruise to get the extra perks.

From the website:

If I become eligible for a higher benefit tier while onboard, when can I take advantage of the additional benefits?

Elevated benefits will take effect on your next Holland America Line cruise.

If I took Ruth back to an A or B balcony cabin, even with the new perks, I would spend the cruise on a rowboat behind the ship.

We have not lost anything in the suites so what is the difference......

Jim! You clearly have your priorities right, then ... Ruth is boss! You job is to say "yes dear" and then obey! :D

We're going to get caught in that situation on our next cruise as we'll cross over to the next level just based on days alone without the spending credit. Too bad they can't anticipate the change but it does look like we'll have to wait to the following cruise to take advantage of our new level. :(

I have another question.......I'm wondering if once you get passed the 200 day marker, will they still be counting double days for suites passengers like they are going to do under the new program for the star levels? Any thoughts?

NO -- once suite passengers get to 200 days -- no more double points -- and spending no longer will count towards points either.

To get to the 300 day level for that medallion -- all suite passengers after they get to 200 days -- go strickly by days -- nothing else counts.

Since I posted what you quoted HAL has come back and re-instated the Medallion levels above 200 ... so, now the 300, 500, and 700 day level medallions are back. This, combined with the nice perks in the 200-day 4-Star Mariner program, really helps a great deal.

I understand that it upsets Suite Passengers that others are getting some of the perks that only they got ... or are we? The suite passenger have been paying for, rolled into their Suite fare, unlimited laundry and dry cleaning. 200+ 4-Star Mariners are now going to get unlimited non-express laundry BUT NOT Dry Cleaning. So, in effect, the Suite Passengers still get more in their Suite perks than the rest of us plebes get in our 4-Star Mariner status.

And, I would venture to guess, HAL will be upgrading some of the Suite Passenger perks to offset what is "lost" to the 4-Star Mariner program.

..:mad: I know it sounds snobbish but try to imagine utilizing our suite perk of priority boarding, debarking and tendering..!!!...Picture the Amsterdam with 1500 passengers aboard a 21 or 35 day voyage with most likely 300-350 "4-Star" mariners trying to utilize their priority priviledges also....We do pay a great deal for our perks, they are not earned by number of days sailed. I have already decided on a solution and now I am booked for a 33 day cruise (Sydney-Los Angeles) in November/December aboard Regent's Mariner.. We will also be aboard Mariner on March 22, 2010, for a trans Atlantic crossing to Venice.(27days)...:D So after 31 cruises and 550+ days in deluxe suites we are moving on...:)

..:mad: I know it sounds snobbish but try to imagine utilizing our suite perk of priority boarding, debarking and tendering..!!!...Picture the Amsterdam with 1500 passengers aboard a 21 or 35 day voyage with most likely 300-350 "4-Star" mariners trying to utilize their priority priviledges also....We do pay a great deal for our perks, they are not earned by number of days sailed. I have already decided on a solution and now I am booked for a 33 day cruise (Sydney-Los Angeles) in November/December aboard Regent's Mariner.. We will also be aboard Mariner on March 22, 2010, for a trans Atlantic crossing to Venice.(27days)...:D So after 31 cruises and 550+ days in deluxe suites we are moving on...:)

I can understand -- at least a little bit -- your problem with the 4-Star Mariners getting these kinds of perks. It will water down the service that you normally got for what you paid for your cabin. I understand this; it, actually, reflects the watering down that's been gong on for a long time, now, with HAL. Nevertheless, we'll see what the impact ends up being. On a longer cruise logic dictates that the priority for embarkation, disembarkation, and tendering will be meaningless ... but we really don't know if that will be the case. We'll see.

I sent an e-mail yesterday to HAL since I had a status of 1 star and no cruise record even though my husband had a status of 3 star. Today I received an e-mail with a record of all my cruises and my status was updated on the HAL website so that I am no longer a goose egg.

So everyone should check their status, it looks like HAL Mariners Society responses quickly.

Your right on there. Same thing happened to us and it has been quickly and efficiently corrected by Holland America

I still can't seem to get mine to show up on the website. I did everything they suggested. I emailed and called. Their records show my status and days under the right Mariner # but the website just won't show it. Oh well, as long as I get my perks I'll manage.

I know what you are talking about -- in 2007 we did a PanAmerican/Ecuador cruise on the Ryndam (23 days) -- 95% of the passengers were Mariners!! And many of us were well over 300 days!!

Should we go on a similar cruise -- it would be terrible for all of us -- even for those of us who stay in Delux suites. Because all the others will have the same benefits that we have paid for.

I still can't seem to get mine to show up on the website. I did everything they suggested. I emailed and called. Their records show my status and days under the right Mariner # but the website just won't show it. Oh well, as long as I get my perks I'll manage.

Try clearing all your cookies, and history, then do a shutdown & restart. (Of course you'll have to re-sign in to every website you visit :) )

Do you have 2 different e-mail accounts for HAL?

We were told that the only way we could see the information for both us was to have two different e-mail accounts.

Suite passengers vs 4 star embarkation and long lines.

Who says they will be in the same line? Just this past weekend in Seattle I noticed

for embarkation they three huge signs by different passenger waiting lines. Penthouse and Suites, Verandah, and General. A fourth sign/line would be easy. (Sadly, I was only there for lunch.)

Do you have 2 different e-mail accounts for HAL?

We were told that the only way we could see the information for both us was to have two different e-mail accounts.

That seems strange..:confused:

Just completed our on-line check in...Both DH & I have the exact same Number of days indicated on our files & we only have one e-mail account...

Also checked our Friends who are traveling with us & they too each have the correct Number of days listed on their individual files..They too have only one e-mail address..

However did, not check under our individual Mariner No's..:)

Betty

That seems strange..:confused:

Just completed our on-line check in...Both DH & I have the exact same Number of days indicated on our files & we only have one e-mail account...

Also checked our Friends who are traveling with us & they too each have the correct Number of days listed on their individual files..They too have only one e-mail address..

However did, not check under our individual Mariner No's..:)

Betty

When I log in to HAL using the email address I set up in my profile for me ... I see only my days.

When I log in to HAL with the email address I set up in my husband's profile ... I see only his days.

It is possible, I suppose, that you can use the same email address in each profile, but we chose different ones.

The days for each of us were correct.

When I log in to HAL using the email address I set up in my profile for me ... I see only my days. When I log in to HAL with the email address I set up in my husband's profile ... I see only his days.

It is possible, I suppose, that you can use the same email address in each profile, but we chose different ones. The days for each of us were correct.

That is exactly our situation. DH & I also set up our HAL accounts separately using our own individual e-mail addresses. My Mariner days only show up in my account & vice versa for DH. Both accounts show identical info & both are correct.

I set up my own email address and it shows no status, no days, no cruises. Logging in under DH's and then going to register online it shows both of our days. The same mariner # for me is on both accounts.

For your email address that shows zero ... is that address also on your profile, along with your Mariner number? I think you may need to amend your Profile to include email address and Mariner number.

Our Maasdam cruise is in December; its new mariner program starts Oct.10. Should I wait to pre-purchase my shore excursions until Oct.10 -or will I get credit for the spending if I purchase now for the December cruise? Anyone know?

Alice

Archived