Question for Diamond members who have Sailed after September 1

Last week on the Enchantment our Diamond Event was held in the centrum area...near the Champange Lounge.. I went once and was not impressed so I didn't return..there was no one from the ships staff there other than the bartender brining wine or champange..

On the Radiance Oct 4, it was in the Hollywood Odyssey. Very nice.;)

On the Mariner it was in the Lotus lounge. Sorry affair............

I have been on both ships and agree that the Hollywood Odyssey was very nice on the Radiance. When I was on the Mariner, the Diamond Event was held in the Dragon's Lair and I also agree that it was a sorry affair, very dark and not well attended, however the service was friendly and effecient. :)

On the AOS last week, the event was held in the 19th hole, but we did not attend. We were in a GS and used the Concierge Lounge each evening. My DH was able to get his beer free there. :) At the Diamond event, he would have to pay for part of it.:rolleyes:

We did attend the Welcome Back party for all returning guest, and the exclusive Platinum, Diamond, Diamond Plus Rosario Strings event in the Imperial Lounge. Very nice had it not been for the little girl, her parents and grandparents that constantly talked loudly throughout the entire event. :mad:

I just returned from the Explorer. The Diamond event was held from 4:30 to 8:00 in the 19th Hole lounge, just off the Viking Lounge (Dizzy's). It was lovely. Wonderful views, free wine and champagne. Non-smoking for the event.

I just returned from the Explorer. The Diamond event was held from 4:30 to 8:00 in the 19th Hole lounge, just off the Viking Lounge (Dizzy's). It was lovely. Wonderful views, free wine and champagne. Non-smoking for the event.

Sorry, that was the name of the lounge we were in. Was there anyone working for RCCL asking questions about what you thought about the switches they made? There were two women when we went on Sept. 17 getting input from diamond cruisers. And a lot gave it.

The view was nice there.

Anyone been on the Voyager yet. That's probably my next cruise.

On the AOS last week, the event was held in the 19th hole, but we did not attend. We were in a GS and used the Concierge Lounge each evening. My DH was able to get his beer free there. :) At the Diamond event, he would have to pay for part of it.:rolleyes:

As long as he only had to pay for the bottom part he could drink the top part for free. It's when you have to pay for the top part, there's a problem because you can't get to the free part.:D

As long as he only had to pay for the bottom part he could drink the top part for free. It's when you have to pay for the top part, there's a problem because you can't get to the free part.

No part of the beer was free. He would have to pay and get 25% off, which is quite ridiculous. In the CL lounge, the beer was free.

In the CL, they did not have my husbands brand - Coor's. They had it on the rest of the ship. :rolleyes: We thought that after the first night, the bar server would have some up there for him, but that was not to be.:( In addition, there was no wine of my choice - Pinot, so I had to drink Chardonnay, which I like less. However, drinks were free, so we were not complaining. :D

On Voyager last week it was in the Cloud Nine bar and, if there was an event there, it was moved to the card room. No bar tender on hand and I had to track down a waiter over in the high notes bar, who told me to go back and he'd be with me in a minute. I tried it on two seperate occasions and came away unimpressed. I think from here on out I'm more likely to just write this off as a former benefit Royal provided and not worry about it anymore.

This was the first cruise under the new Diamond members benefits. We were given Cloud Nine on deck 14 for our pre dinner drinks, a lovely room with wonderful views; and it was open from 5:30-9p. The first night both Cloud 9 and the adjoining cardroom were opened up,but after then it was only Cloud 9 due to the numbers. There were never more than 11 in the room, including the 4 of us. Drinks served were champagne, La Terre Chardonnay and La Terre Merlot. The DL guy was called Tulio (sp) and he was very efficient at keeping our glasses filled up - after the first day he knew exactly our order and our drinks were being prepared as we walked through the door. On the second night he bought some nibbles (the 'trail mix') from the bar next door. On the 3rd night we dropped by WJ on the way up and bought a plate of sushi; on the 4th night others were bringing in cheese plates they had ordered from room service! It was becoming a picnic. Perhaps RCI will get the hint and provide a few canapés?

This was the first cruise under the new Diamond members benefits. We were given Cloud Nine on deck 14 for our pre dinner drinks, a lovely room with wonderful views; and it was open from 5:30-9p. The first night both Cloud 9 and the adjoining cardroom were opened up,but after then it was only Cloud 9 due to the numbers. There were never more than 11 in the room, including the 4 of us. Drinks served were champagne, La Terre Chardonnay and La Terre Merlot. The DL guy was called Tulio (sp) and he was very efficient at keeping our glasses filled up - after the first day he knew exactly our order and our drinks were being prepared as we walked through the door. On the second night he bought some nibbles (the 'trail mix') from the bar next door. On the 3rd night we dropped by WJ on the way up and bought a plate of sushi; on the 4th night others were bringing in cheese plates they had ordered from room service! It was becoming a picnic. Perhaps RCI will get the hint and provide a few canapés?

Very clever with the food. They did serve us crisps, which I learned from a Brit was the same as our US potato chips. I did enjoy it. We even had some Diamond plus come up because they liked the view. We told them they could visit us, but not to take ove our scenery. It was all fun!! The wine was fine, but I would have perfered Heineken, but like you said, it was free which was nice. This was my first time as a diamond, so I always paid for my drinks before.:)

Great idea about snacks !! :)

It is also nice that the venue was one with windows as the Dragon's Lair on the Mariner was very dark and somewhat depressing.

Archived