Sunscreen...Where to buy it?

hhhmmmm ... Target & Walmart in this area always have sunscreen, but it gets moved around from season to season, so you may need to ask.

If you have time in your debarkation city (assuming it's down in Florida) you should be able to buy some there. We're planning to buy a few seasonal things down there that we can't easily get up here right now.

Ok, I just went looking for sunscreen at Target, Walgreens and Walmart… I can’t find it ANYWHERE. Will the cruise ship sell this onboard? Where can I buy it during off the season?

Most airports in the south sell sunscreen in the magazine shops. You can also pick some up on the ship.

None of those stores have it?? Really??

Did you ask someone to help you find it? I live outside of Boston and I have seen sunscreen still on the shelves. It isn't in the seasonal area at this time of year. You can usually find it in the skincare area beside the lotions. CVS, Walgreens, Walmart, Rite Aid, all those type stores usually have some supply all year long.

I live in NC, not near the coast and our Target always carries sunscreens but in the fall and winter it is not a huge amount they keep on stock. Walmart stops stocking it around July and once it is gone...it is gone.

I always stock up on Ocean Potion Lotion in the summer time for my fall or winter cruise.

Not sure what port you are sailing out of but some towns at the port have beach type stores that sale sunscreen. It is more expensive then Target or Walmart but less expensive than the ship.

Just went to Walgreens over the weekend. Picked up four different SPF spray cans of name brand sunscreen for $1.50 each, in the clearance section. Went to another aisle and saw the same stuff regular price for $7 - $9 a can!

I live in Oregon too... your store should definitely have something.

Shaz, don't panic but you really should find some before you leave. Do not buy it on the ship - it will be far too expensive. As mentioned, perhaps you could pick some up in Florida before you embark. Are you flying in the day before? Where are you staying? We can help if we know where your hotel is.

Thanks for your responses. I will check Amazon.

We live in Maryland. I did ask an employee at each store and was informed that sunscreen is a sesaonal item. :(

I Live in Maryland and the Target in Rockville has sunscreen by the makeup, near the Pharmacy

If you live near the Rockville Area check it out

Thanks for all your help!

Wow, I guess I should expect to pay more for this on the cruise. I am also going to check other online drug retailers. Thanks again.

I will be sailing from San Juan. I’m sure if I were sailing from FL, this wouldn’t be a problem. – esp since is so willing to help out a fellow future cruiser. ;)

I found some on Amazon here is the link if anyone else should need to purchase sunscreen. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_sq_all?ie=UTF8&keywords=sunscreen&index=blended&pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001MS7A48&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=02462RXT1SHQBXEE05EZ

Ughhhh!!!! Those prices on Amazon are very high. You really should be able to find something locally before you leave. I use the Neutrogena sunscreen shown and it is almost $10 more than I pay when it isn't on sale. Do you have CVS near you? They have it.

Edited to add link to their website.

http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/search/search_results.jsp?oss=1&removeAllFacets=true&addFacet=SRCH:sunscreen

Wow, I guess I should expect to pay more for this on the cruise. I am also going to check other online drug retailers. Thanks again.

I will be sailing from San Juan. I’m sure if I were sailing from FL, this wouldn’t be a problem. – esp since is so willing to help out a fellow future cruiser. ;)

I found some on Amazon here is the link if anyone else should need to purchase sunscreen. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_sq_all?ie=UTF8&keywords=sunscreen&index=blended&pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001MS7A48&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=02462RXT1SHQBXEE05EZ

The duty free store in the San Juan airport had it last March. Reasonably priced too I might add. There is also a duty free store in the cruise ship terminal in San Juan.

Shaz,

You will be able to find Sunscreen in San Juan with no problem. It is also sold on Adventure. We buy (and actually stock up on it) Australian Gold SPF 30 (8 oz) spray bottle for about $10. We have found this works well for us (at least when we remember to use it).

I bought mine at amazon.com for my January cruise. However, I did such a good job of packing it, i couldn't find it and ended up buying this nasty stuff in St. Thomas that left an awful film on me. Yuck. I did, however, find my stuff when I got home. All tucked away in the hidden compartment of my toiletry bag. LOL

Amazon had great prices. You could try drugstore.com too.

My Target has some still in stock in the back of the beauty dept by the nailpolish and such.

As stated by others, you will find it in San Juan, I guarantee it. We found Walgreens and the prices on some items were lower than the continental US. With two weeks to go, I (personally) wouldn't order online. You can definitely pick it up in SJ; the drug store is only a short walk from the pier.

My Target has it back by the cosmetics and the q-tips/cotton pads, etc. During summer it is up by the lotions.

Where is the cruise leaving from? If Florida make sure you have time to go into a store there. The ship has such a limited variety and charge more. Some fo the larger ports may have a few more choices but again the price will be higher.

Archived