Price Drop Crown 3/6/10

Rob & Beckys mom

Even though it is past final payment Princess lowered our price by $100.

Nice company to work with.

Jan

Had you booked direct with them or through a TA? We're just past final pay also and I do see the recent $100/cabin approx price drop. Our TA is "temporarily out of business" so I best be on the phone to Princess soon. An OBC would be a nice Xmas present...

Congrats, Jan! We had a $124 dollar drop a couple of weeks ago just before final payment was due, happy we got such a low price. Had to call TA to get the discount...but she handled it the same day. Looking forward to a wonderful cruise!! Maybe we'll see you on board.

Had you booked direct with them or through a TA? We're just past final pay also and I do see the recent $100/cabin approx price drop. Our TA is "temporarily out of business" so I best be on the phone to Princess soon. An OBC would be a nice Xmas present...

Yes, we booked directly with Princess and final payment was 12/21 (!) I was surprised that they gave us the discount. I know some others find great deals online, but that has not been the case with us. Last two cruises Princess has been the same price as several online sites, and it's nice not to worry about a company going under. Nice that we all have choices.

P.S. No OBC, the difference was refunded to our credit card. This is the third drop for us and the price is now over $400 less. :)

Jan

Congrats, Jan! We had a $124 dollar drop a couple of weeks ago just before final payment was due, happy we got such a low price. Had to call TA to get the discount...but she handled it the same day. Looking forward to a wonderful cruise!! Maybe we'll see you on board.

That would be great Princess Nancy. Hope to get into the Sanctuary, but last time it was sold out before we got there...somehow we "managed" lol.

Jan

We're going the following week, so our final payment date is coming up tomorrow. The price has not come down since I booked it last week.

I'm sure you got a great deal! The prices have continued to drop over the last few months. I'm amazed at how low the prices are right now...especially considering we get to sail on such a great ship, and enjoy a fabulous week in the warm Caribbean sea. I will be so ready to get out of the wicked winter weather by March.

Even though it is past final payment Princess lowered our price by $100.

Nice company to work with.

Jan

I am happy for you, but as a Brit, who does not get price matching, I do find this policy somewhat odd. :mad:

Let's see if I have got this correct. If a cruise is not full, in order to fill it up and increase their revenue the cruise line reduces it's price to encourage new customers to book. Then they promptly give away all the extra revenue by offering the same discount to existing bookings. Is that how it works?:confused:

It must be great to be a cruise line stockholder watching your dividends generously given away in this manner.:rolleyes:

I am happy for you, but as a Brit, who does not get price matching, I do find this policy somewhat odd. :mad:

Let's see if I have got this correct. If a cruise is not full, in order to fill it up and increase their revenue the cruise line reduces it's price to encourage new customers to book. Then they promptly give away all the extra revenue by offering the same discount to existing bookings. Is that how it works?:confused:

It must be great to be a cruise line stockholder watching your dividends generously given away in this manner.:rolleyes:

It is a confusing and inconsistent policy. I have to admit that I was surprised to hear that Princess voluntarily gave the $100 credit after final payment (without asking for it). There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason as to who gets what discounts.

Most cruisers are not on Cruise Critic and similar sites so they aren't aware that they can request a cruise line to honor a price reduction. So the cruise companies probably do not have to do many of these price reduction credits. We hear a lot about them on CC, but it is because we are more savvy cruise consumers.

Not sure what Princess' motivation is for giving a discount after the final payment...perhaps it is a good will gesture so the passengers will choose Princess for their next cruise.

I, for one would not look a gift horse in the mouth. Congratulations to anyone who can get a price reduction. Makes the cruise that much sweeter!

It does sound strange somehow doesn't it?

Actually I checked again this after posting this morning. Our price dropped $20 pp. I emailed our TA and he confirmed the new price and sent me our credit memo. Princess is going to refund the $40 to my credit card company. Thanks for posting this info. I doubt that the price can go any lower. It's now $75 pp per day including taxes and fees. Plus we're getting some onboard credits that will cover tips.

From what I understand...as long as it is not a "flash sale" on remaining Princess cabins the lower price will be honored even after final payment has been made. Anyone?? I was surprised to get the lower price, but called and asked anyway & am glad I did!! Jan

I believe that's the case. Thanks to this post, I called to check on the price for my 2/28 Emerald cruise, and it dropped $150 per person (BB). I called Princess & they told me it's a past passenger promo, so I will be able to take advantage, even though we're past final payment. Will be calling my TA shortly, so hopefully I will see a reduction!

From what I understand...as long as it is not a "flash sale" on remaining Princess cabins the lower price will be honored even after final payment has been made. Anyone?? I was surprised to get the lower price, but called and asked anyway & am glad I did!! Jan

Just received my $100 drop (in 10-14 days on credit card). Like you, we're after final pay & I probably wouldn't have called unless I saw your post. Your sailing has a one day head start on me however should our ships cross, I'll buy you a sarsaparilla...:D

OK, after reading this post, I thought I would check with the web-site and see what the price was for my reservation on the crown the week of 03/20/2009. I actually paid my Final deposit last week. The price form my AE Cabin # E731 dropped $ 404.00 !!!!!!!!!!! Yes E731 price dropped by that much. I am glad Princess hasn't caught on yet that these cabins(E730/E731) are worth a gold premium.

It went from the $ 2257 that I paid last week to $ 1853 !!!!

Now THAT is a drop. MANY thanks to this thread or I never would have checked.

This ship looks very empty the week of 03/20/2009. Lots of cabins left.

Archived