Has Anyone Regretted Trying RCCL?

DC2OC

No regrets:)

We did the Radiance for Thansgiving and liked it so much we are doing the Mariner in 2 weeks

To be honest it isnt about trying to replace Carnival as my favorite cruiseline its more about exploring some different ships and seeing what the other cruiselines offer So I can make a decsion on my own about what I like and dont like within the cruise industry and book accordingly

We switched to RCCI a few years ago. At first we were all about it, thinking they really out-shined Carnival. With several RCCI cruises under our belt now we think they are about the same.

Both lines have positives and negatives. And things can vary from ship to ship.

If you have never sailed RCCI she is worth the try. Although a tad pricier then Carnival.

We are seriously considering going back to Carnival for our next cruise. Perhaps trying the Dream. :D

I have never regretted trying any of the other cruise lines. How can you say you don't like spinach if you have never tried spinach? Make sense?

I think it's important to try all the various lines and appreciate all their differences. They each excel in certain areas and each have their own areas for improvement. I think it is important for people to experience first hand and decide for themselves based on their personalities, interests, etc.....

Give it a try!!! How can you ever regret any vacation? It's always better than the alternative...being at work!

I have never regretted trying any of the other cruise lines. How can you say you don't like spinach if you have never tried spinach? Make sense?

I think it's important to try all the various lines and appreciate all their differences. They each excel in certain areas and each have their own areas for improvement. I think it is important for people to experience first hand and decide for themselves based on their personalities, interests, etc.....

Give it a try!!! How can you ever regret any vacation? It's always better than the alternative...being at work!

I totally agree. Variety is the spice of life.

I liked RC very much. The ships are gorgeous. The only thing I didn't care for was the food in general, though the specialty restaurants were quite good. That said, I've never left a cruise raving about the food on any line I've sailed. It's mass produced and served, so I'm not expecting it to blow me away and so far it hasn't.

We did Vision to Alaska a couple years ago. Royal Caribbean is a great line and I would cruise her again in a heartbeat except for one thing: pricing. RCCL is much more expensive than Carnival. In fact, for our upcoming cruise next month, I looked at suites at both lines. A suite on Carnival was about $700 per person cheaper than the RCCL ship. I keep hoping they'll drop their prices a bit so we could cruise on them again, but until then, I'm perfectly happy with Carnival. It's a great line and I've never been disappointed in a Carnival cruise.

We tried the Sovereign of the Seas when she sailed out of Port Canaveral a couple of years ago.

... perhaps we are too familiar (comfortable) with Carnival, but we would definitely not return to that class of ship. I did not care for the layout (split/staggered decks) nor the dining room (overall look - from the room to the menu). I also was not pleased with the quality or selection of food.

The only real "plus" on that sailing was the ability (same on Celebrity) to order BREAKFAST in your cabin (I am not talking continental) as well as the option of ordering off the dining room menu during their serving hours. Additionally, I enjoyed (via room service) a cheeseburger and fries at 2 AM ! I heard that now RCCL does charge for late night room service.

Having said all of that, I am not opposed to giving them a try again... on something larger/newer like the Freedom OTS.

Tom

No regrets.

Just disappointment in the quality of the meals. Now the fresh and ever changing variety of bread was appreciated.

The ship (Monarch of the Seas) was being surveyed by marine engineers/architects for an upgrade/refit. I believe some of the large rooms/clubs were being redesigned. These areas needed updating, a never ending task on cruise ships.

Oh, no Carnival pizza!

No Regrets at all! Went on Freedom of the Seas in Oct. Found things I liked about RCCL better than Carnival and things I liked about Carnival better than RCCL.

But overall this was the best cruise we have taken to date.:) But it was also the most we spent on a cruise to date LOL

Liked them both alot. Explorer of the Seas was IMO, the nicest ship itself we have sailed. I liked the Sun Princess as well better than either of our Carnival ships (Legend and Fantasy).

The food, to our tastes, was without a doubt better on Carnival (and Princess) than RCCL. The bartenders on deck were MUCH better on both our RCCL cruises (Explorer and Grandeur). The other passengers were the same on both, if anything our fellow passengers on RCCL were louder and rowdier. Service other than the bars was the same. I take that back, our room stewards on Carnival always seemed better.

Back when we took these cruises, the price difference was negligable. We are booked on Liberty next month, for a similar cruise on RCCL Explorer class ship was $1,500 more for the wife and I and 2 kids. We paid a bit over 2000 total for Carnival, so that's quite a difference!!

We too have done a bunch on both lines, but have been doing mostly Carnival lately, because of the spike in the price of RCI, and the fact that I don't really care for the BIG RCI ships much. (Love the smaller ones, but the price on them has gone up as well.)

I too would suggest that anyone thinking of sailing RCI give them a go. You might love 'em,,,lots of people obviously do.

"SKY"

I probably only regret Holland. I did enjoy Half Moon Cay and some people we met, the staff was excellent. I just never figured the cruise to be loaded with so many really old people. I have no problem with old people, Im 53 and getting old myself, but I didn't want to go on vacation in a retirement environment.

From my sig you can see we did not regret it. Honestly the 2 lines are very similar in a lot of ways and we will be sailing both again in the future as well as many others. For the time being I sail with teenagers and the RCI Voyager and Freedom class can't be beat for them. Yes prices may be a little higher but if you do your research you can find sailings for about the same price. We got our cabins for the August sailing for less than we would have paid on Carnival! Look and there are deals, not a lot but they are there.

No regrets with the Navigator of the Seas and enjoyed it so much did it multiple times! Enjoyed it more than the smaller older Grandeur although liked that too. Only went when it was discounted though, I don't think RCI is worth a hefty premium over Carnival and will only sail them with deals in place.

We're almost Diamond on RCCL and Platinum on CCL. They both have their pros and cons, as others have said.

RCL Freedom class ships are the most beautiful on the sea. They are works of art...the price tag that goes along with it has almost crippled them, too. They do have neat stuff to do on board that you can't get anywhere else. The ice skating show is spectacular, and the flow rider and rock climbing walls are neat for us and the kids. However, we think their food STINKS. On the Mariner, we could barely find anything we thought was palatable. Just yucky food, all the way around. How can you screw up pepperoni pizza? lol

Carnival's food is leaps and bounds ahead of RCI's, in our opinion. Still not AWESOME, but really good. We also enjoy the laid back atmosphere on Carnival. There's not that undercurrent like you get on RCI sometimes. You know the one...where the older lady in the ball gown looks at you as though you've crawled out from under a rock because you don't sparkle enough for her? We've never experienced that on Carnival and we like that. If I don't feel like dressing "up" that night, then it's my vacation and I should have that right without being scowled at. We do dress up when we feel like it and the "sparklies" are in the closet if choose to don them. ;)

Entertainment is equal to us and daytime activites are on par with one another. We also enjoy Carnival's larger OV cabins. With four kids, it's awesome to get two connecting OV's and have PLENTY of space. Even on RCI's newer ships, we felt a little cramped and we had a balcony.

We'd sail either line again, but RCI would have to be equal in price for us to CHOOSE them over CCL. They do tend to be higher for most cruises. We don't see where that price difference is justified, in most cases.

We're almost Diamond on RCCL and Platinum on CCL. They both have their pros and cons, as others have said.

RCL Freedom class ships are the most beautiful on the sea. They are works of art...the price tag that goes along with it has almost crippled them, too. They do have neat stuff to do on board that you can't get anywhere else. The ice skating show is spectacular, and the flow rider and rock climbing walls are neat for us and the kids. However, we think their food STINKS. On the Mariner, we could barely find anything we thought was palatable. Just yucky food, all the way around. How can you screw up pepperoni pizza? lol

Carnival's food is leaps and bounds ahead of RCI's, in our opinion. Still not AWESOME, but really good. We also enjoy the laid back atmosphere on Carnival. There's not that undercurrent like you get on RCI sometimes. You know the one...where the older lady in the ball gown looks at you as though you've crawled out from under a rock because you don't sparkle enough for her? We've never experienced that on Carnival and we like that. If I don't feel like dressing "up" that night, then it's my vacation and I should have that right without being scowled at. We do dress up when we feel like it and the "sparklies" are in the closet if choose to don them. ;)

Entertainment is equal to us and daytime activites are on par with one another. We also enjoy Carnival's larger OV cabins. With four kids, it's awesome to get two connecting OV's and have PLENTY of space. Even on RCI's newer ships, we felt a little cramped and we had a balcony.

We'd sail either line again, but RCI would have to be equal in price for us to CHOOSE them over CCL. They do tend to be higher for most cruises. We don't see where that price difference is justified, in most cases.

Didn't I just say the same think in less than ten words............LOL.....well said!!!

Archived