Hull Paint

world~citizen

Count me as a "yes" vote for the hull art. It makes the ships stand out from the rest of the pack. With so many choices out there, lines need to look at anything that makes them unique, like hull art, studio cabins and even that (stupid) Nickelodeon stuff. (sorry...not a fan)

Unfortunately, we also see the opposite with NCL as they go along with cruise industry cutbacks.....BBTB (bring back the bubbly):)

Having seen the interior of Carnival ships, the exterior on NCL's ships isn't shocking to me. I've heard said both are ugly, but I guess my eyes just aren't that sensitive because I don't mind either or! lol I kind of like the dolphin on the side of the Dawn.

While the hull art would certainly not be fit for say a Destroyer or Battleship I ask you. Have you ever seen a ride at Disney World painted a dull flat black or white?? Enjoy the color and the cruise. you're on Vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

When they first started painting the hulls and I only saw the pictures online, I did not like it. I thought it was an abomination...a desecration...graffiti...vandalism! When I saw the ships up close and in person, all those thoughts slowly dissipated. It was not so bad after all. A few sails later and the not so bad has evolved into pure enjoyment at the sight of them. The sight and recognition of each ship's distinguished design sets them apart from not only each other but from the other lines as well. Each NCL ship gets its own identity.

coka

Recognition !!!! Is there anybody on this earth who doesn't recognize an NCL ship when you see one ??? HAL has their dark blue (black), Carnival has their whale tail stack, etc. I think it is a smart business move.

It does make them easier to find in the parking lot.

When I leave on my next cruise from (Buenos Aires), there will be two white cruise ships at the piers. I know to look for the one with the graffiti on the side.

Is it just me, or are the graphics on the bows of NCL ships just plain silly? :eek:

I totally agree with you.

So.................

Is it just me or are people over the age of 8 requesting animals made from bath towels just plain silly?

Is it just me or are people smuggling alcohol in mouthwash bottles just plain silly?

Is it just me or are people who complain about bad weather during hurricane season just plain silly?

Is it just me or are people who wait 10 minutes to take an elevator one deck up or down just plain silly?

Is it just me or are people who put boxes of duty free alcohol in the corridors with their luggage just plain silly?

Is it just me or are people who eat 4 main courses at dinner on a ship "because it's free" just plain silly?

Is it just me or are people who pay $5 for a Starbucks at home and complain about paying $2 for coffee on a ship just plain silly?

Is it just me or are people who pay $3 for a vending machine coke at a Hawaiian hotel and then complain about paying $1 for a coke on a ship just plain silly?

Thanks Philip

I think the one that really gets me is people taking the elevator one or two flights - DOWN. We always walk up and I undestand some people can not or will not. But going down? Give me a freakin break.

I love the hull art.

It's nice to be able to identify a ship off in the distance. I can do that with NCL ships, I can't do that with Carnival ships, or any other ships. If close enough, I could tell a Spirit Class ship of Carnival, but I couldn't tell you which of the four it is.

There was a thread not too long ago where a poster asked for help identifying a ship that caught their eye (a picture was posted). The poster quickly received the answer because of the hull art.

I've read at least one post where the person commented that they may be interested in looking at NCL cruises because they liked the hull art. So who knows how many other people are attracted to the line after seeing one of the ships.

I love getting my first look at the ship on embarkation day because the outside of the ship looks so fun and friendly, I just know the inside will be the same...and I haven't been disappointed yet. The ships interiors and exteriors have been fun to use and explore and the people working on them very friendly.

I love coming "home" to the best looking ship at the pier after a long day in port. Just as I want my house to look different from my neighbors houses, I like the ship being unique.

I've read posts (some jokingly and some probably serious) where people have gone back to board their ship after a port visit and had to take a look to make sure they were getting on the correct ship since they looked so much alike. I've sailed on Carnival (plain white hulls) and have found myself doing the same thing --- looking for the name.

So add me to the group that likes the sillyness. :)

Thanks Philip

I think the one that really gets me is people taking the elevator one or two flights - DOWN. We always walk up and I undestand some people can not or will not. But going down? Give me a freakin break.

You need to be more forgiving. Some people, believe it or not, cannot traverse down steps. Although I will normally try to walk down the stairs, sometimes the arthritis is just a tad too much to allow me to do so. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

You need to be more forgiving. Some people, believe it or not, cannot traverse down steps. Although I will normally try to walk down the stairs, sometimes the arthritis is just a tad too much to allow me to do so. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen.

Oh yes, there are those that can not, and I must agree, it is not always obvious. But there are some....

Here on this thread, there seems to be a majority in favor of the hull art. Now I am worried, since it seems to be a trend for NCL to make changes to popular things....and since white wash is clearly more economical than colorful paint....I just hope they don't erase the art during drydock! I think those in favor of the art might need whisper .....;)

Archived