middle hump or aft balcony??

4nzic1

Hi all,

Quick question. I'm currently booked on Navigator in 7620 which is smack dab in the middle of the much talked abouthump/bump cabins. I now see that 9392 aft is now available and for $200 less than what I have booked now because of some sale going on. What would you do? Stay in the popular middle hump/bump balcony or go to the aft balcony for $200 less? Ok, that was one extra question :)

P.S. I'm typing at work on a Blackberry so I hope I selected the correct emoticon...hard to tell when everything's crammed on a small screen :)

Hi all,

Quick question. I'm currently booked on Navigator in 7620 which is smack dab in the middle of the much talked abouthump/bump cabins. I now see that 9392 aft is now available and for $200 less than what I have booked now because of some sale going on. What would you do? Stay in the popular middle hump/bump balcony or go to the aft balcony for $200 less? Ok, that was one extra question :)

P.S. I'm typing at work on a Blackberry so I hope I selected the correct emoticon...hard to tell when everything's crammed on a small screen :)

We've been in both cabins. (hump and aft) We use to prefer the aft until we hit some rough seas. I don't like the motion of the ocean on the back of the ship.

However..we've been in the aft when the seas were calm. We loved it. We don't really like the aft on the Voyager class ships though. :( There is a large structure that extends back from the ship. You do not see the ocean directly below. You have to look way out.

The Radiance class ships are awesome on the aft cabins! You can see directly below. :)

However..we usually book the humps now because the ride is more calm there. JMO. :) Good luck and enjoy!

If you have read any other threads on this topic, you will see that some prefer aft and some prefer the hump. It's more or less a matter of taste.

So there is only one alternative -- pick one option now [personally, as a price snob, I'd take the cheaper option] and then book another cruise so you can stay in the other type of cabin on that cruise and learn which YOU prefer.

Then of course you will have to book more cruises to exercise your newly determined preference.

It's the only way. Enjoy your cruise

we were in the same situation on the Radiance for Thanksgiving we were middle hump and could have moved and got OBC

My GF loved the hump so much and having the elevators right at the cabin was so easy to get around the ship

Since RCCL doesnt have aft elevators it would have been tiring for her walking back and forth to the cabin since you have to go midship to go up and down anyways

IMHO I wouldnt not for $200 there is a reason people consider the hump prime real estate LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION:D

Thank you guys for such a quick response. Now you see my dilemma. :) I've never been in the hump/bump cabin but I have been in a 'near aft' cabin on Destiny many years ago...it was one of the L shaped cabins. I enjoyed the L shaped cabin and didn't experience any motion problems. I recently went on Miracle this past november and had a cabin in the aft area and again no motion. But i've never been in a true aft/ship's tail cabin. So i'm confused as to which to take....primarily because we are talking $200 difference not $20 or $40. However, I do like what many of you have suggested.....save the money and go for the aft and then book another cruise later and try to get a hump cabin. This cruise I'm booked on is a 5 day (in November....I always cruise in May and/or November) so perhaps I'll take the aft and then when I do a 7 day try to get a hump cabin. Sounds like a plan?

Received a call from our TA. We are booked in the middle of the hump(7640). This is our 2nd cruise with a hump cabin. Our TA said we could take an aft cabin for $100 less. When I told my husband what the TA was asking, he said no way, not giving up our hump cabin for a $100 :D

Just like someone said earlier - location, location, location.

Received a call from our TA. We are booked in the middle of the hump(7640). This is our 2nd cruise with a hump cabin. Our TA said we could take an aft cabin for $100 less. When I told my husband what the TA was asking, he said no way, not giving up our hump cabin for a $100 :D

Just like someone said earlier - location, location, location.

I'm still reading through old threads trying to make a decision. lol I think if it were a $100 savings i'd be like your hubby and say no way........but $200 savings...that's an Ionotherapie session. LOL I have so many pros and cons between the two cabins like for example a) if i take the aft if i don't like it it's only a 5 day cruise b)try the hump cabin because it's less expensive on a 5 day than on a 7 day c) save a hump cabin for a longer cruise when i can enjoy the views i'm reading about longer d) if i take the aft the $200 saved could almost be one airline ticket from l.a. to fll, could be total excursion costs for two people, could be spa treatment............the pros and cons can go on and on..... I put so much thought into my vacations, but having read the boards i'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with this 'sickness'. ;)

• 6 months later...

GRAB the aft! There's no contest! The huge balcony trumps the midship location in my opinion, especially if the aft cabin is less expensive!

I never feel the motion anyway on these large ships and I am a total fan of the aft cabins!

We have had both center aft and center hump and prefer the aft. Yes the hump is convenient, but if walking is not an issue, the balcony size is worth it for me. We did the center hump on the Freedom because we thought the aft walk might be too far. We were mistaken and next time will book an aft.

If the cabin is a true aft and not the side aft section - I would suggest the aft.

M

I would book an aft, if.... You are fit and don't mind the extra walking. There are no elevators or stairs that you can use near the aft cabins. This is not a problem for me, but if you are walking challenged, I would definitely go with the hump.

jc

Here are two photos of 8102 right next to the lifts on Brilliance of the Seas. We were delighted with the size of the balcony. It was also very convenient to the lifts. Our first night out, we had huge waves in the Mediterranean and felt next to nothing in the middle of the ship.

1958714074_BPbalcony.jpg.bd462f3e2e6283be90cd7cad63d1fbac.jpg

534859115_Balcony2.jpg.76b8b9900a6653903d42c5945e95d285.jpg

• 2 years later...
Hi all,

I would stay.

Navigator is a Voyager class ship and I found the view ruined by all the steel framing.:(

I love any hump cabin except the one at the back. This is only because my personality is to look forward. We booked an aft balcony once (everyone raves about them) and I was miserable. I wanted to know where we were going, not where we had been.

Archived