Pre Cruise Hotel stay

MamaPuggle

we are cruising on the Crown Princess Mar 27th. we arrive at FLL the night before sailing date. Anyone have any suggestions on a hotel for the night before? Do the hotels have shuttles from the airport to the hotel that night and hotel to the pier the next morning. Four of us will be traveling.:)

We stayed at the Springfield Suites. They had both an airport shuttle and a cruise shuttle.

Plus, across the street was a place for dinner. I know a lot of people stay at the Hyatt Place and the Embassy Suites. In our case, I was looking for a cheap place to lay my head, I didn't need to be "downtown", this worked out fine.

We've had a few "not so good" experiences with booking hotels ourselves. We found that our local TA's (e.g. when living in Colorado) had no idea of the map of the FLL area. What appear to be nearby hotels just up/down the coast may be just that - as the crow flies.

Taxis, however, must take a circuitous route going almost all the way back to the airport to access the roads leading to the piers. We found that our savings in hotels were largely consumed by taxi fares. Shuttles, when they existed, tended to accomodate few passengers, and were reserved by others when they arrived at the hotel.

We'll be on the Crown the week after you, we are staying at Hyatt Place if you use valuetrips.com you can get a really good rate, we did. Last year we stayed at Springhill Suites, that too is a nice hotel that we were happy with. have a great cruise and take care of the ship for us.:)

I know where NOT to stay....the Comfort Inn on Stirling Road. Renovated on the outside, but the inside....yikes!

We are staying at the brand new Fairfield Inn next month. They offer port shuttle service, and local shuttle service as well to shops and restaurants.

We stayed at the Hyatt Place. Got a really good price via priceline and were pleased with the hotel. The rooms are big and if you walk over to the shopping mall (out the parking lot, turn RIGHT towards what looks like a dead-end, then the next left to get there) - you'll find more dining and drinking options than just the Outback that can be seen from the Hotel.

The free breakfast in the hotel was so-so (you get what you pay for...). On the other hand, the breakfast at "Joes" over in the shopping mall was great and a good value. Hint: The cops seemed to like to eat breakfast there too...

Outback seemed to be very poplular and the best thing to do is go over early in the day and get your name on the list. They won't give you a table at the time you specified on the list, but they will give you priority and cut your wait time approx. in half when you do show up and get your "beeper".

The wait for a shuttle on embarkation morning was long - I'm guessing we waited a good 45 minutes. If it wasn't for the fact that we were a party of four with "newbies" from another country and lots of luggage, we would have taken a taxi - but we couldn't get all our luggage (and ourselves) in one car. The taxi drivers were offering to take guests over for 10 bucks...which had we been alone, we would have done.

we are cruising on the Crown Princess Mar 27th. we arrive at FLL the night before sailing date. Anyone have any suggestions on a hotel for the night before? Do the hotels have shuttles from the airport to the hotel that night and hotel to the pier the next morning. Four of us will be traveling.:)

How much do you want to spend?

If you haven’t already checked out the East Coast Departure forum Cruise on over there. A lot of good recommendations/suggestions on that forum.

I have stayed at the Embassy Suites. It is a little higher in price, but includes free drinks at night and a full breakfast in the morning. They no longer offer an airport shuttle. They offer a pier shuttle, but at an additional price.

We booked the brand new Cambria Suites which just opened last weekend for Friday, March 19th. We booked with a AAA rate for $116. They offer transportation from the airport and to the port.

We booked the brand new Cambria Suites which just opened last weekend for Friday, March 19th. We booked with a AAA rate for $116. They offer transportation from the airport and to the port.

Do you mean the one in Dania, Florida or is there another one?

Yes the one in Dania. Just "google" Cambria Suites Fort Lauderdale

Thank you for the help. After lots of research we have also booked this new all suite hotel. We liked the idea of no smoking and no pets. We are able to sleep, park and round trip shuttle for $85.00 plus tax. Seems like a good deal compared to the high rates I found at other places.

So, cruise booked, all hotels booked, packing started, are we there yet..........

After cruise we are going to a Haunted Attraction Convention near Orlando so the fun just keeps going. I will have to pack bags for overnight stays on the way down, bags for the cruise and then bags for the convention and then wear anything that may be left for the trip home!!

Look forward to seeing you all in 90 days, and counting.

Archived