Wearing a robe from room to the pool

Gunther1

dressing I felt kind of strange but after a couple of rum and cokes I didn't really give a ----!:eek:

trays in the lido too? :)

I have yet to experience no trays. Guess I'll just have to try and grin and bare it. Don't really do the Lido buffet that often. I room service Breakfast or do the dining room if up in time.

And I'm sure they will all go ballistic when I wear my robe to and from the pool and spa when I'm on the Zaandam next week. :D

Or not, as the case may be. Some people are uptight about robes, some about alcohol, some about smoking, some out dress codes ... the list goes on and on and on. The "trick" is to realize that the bark, on the board, is a thousand times worse than what one finds about ship. This is true even when it's the people who post on this board that one encounters aboard ship. Most of the bluster, etc., comes from the fact that we'd rather be aboard ship and not posting on a board! :D

It's a bathrobe, not a poolrobe. It is supplied in your cabin to be worn directly after getting out of the bath/shower to keep warm and comfy until you get dressed. It is meant to be worn while lounging around in the privacy of your cabin or balcony.

As someone else said, you would never leave your house with your bathrobe on, why would you leave your cruise house (cabin) in your bathrobe?

I'm an anti-busybody. I could care less what people wear/do unless it impacts my life. I don't chime in on formal/jeans/tuxes/smoking/children/trays, etc. BUT there is something about this bathrobe in public thing that is forcing me to speak out. I guess I have a desire to save them from themselves.

Hmmmm, this really puts me in a dilemma. If I go to the hot tub I guess I have to find a tub cover up to wear. Since I wear a bathing suit to the pool which is not a pool suit, I guess I shouldn't be wearing it. So I guess I can't wear a bathrobe or a bathing suit to the pool. Does this mean I get to go skinny dipping? No wait I can wear that suit on my birthday. :)

I also have to ask. Shouldn't my wearing of the bathrobe be limited to the Bathroom. Should HAL install electronic monitors to make sure it never leaves it appropriate room?

There's a "Cousin Eddie" on every cruise

randyquaid.jpg

FOFLMHO ... and, if I remember correctly, at that moment in the film Eddie was yelling at Clark about how his "chemical toilet" was "full." That applies well to HAL ships when the vacuum flush system isn't working. :D

Yikes! I am glad my HAL cruise in 3 weeks is a Garrison Keillor charter cruise, as I would never have imagined it was against the rules to wear a bathrobe to the pool.

This reminds me of the tales my (female nurse) friends tell about working in Saudi Arabia, where they really do have "Clothing Police" who come round and rap women on the ankles if you are not completely and properly covered in public.

Outside Saudi, I feel kinda sorry for those who have nothing better to do than monitor what others wear to be sure it meets their standards. It's a vacation folks!

Yikes! I am glad my HAL cruise in 3 weeks is a Garrison Keillor charter cruise, as I would never have imagined it was against the rules to wear a bathrobe to the pool.

quote]

No rule at all - just a few uptight people who seem to think that the ships' robes, (which BTW are almost identical to a cover up I have at home with the exception of length), are indecent to wear by the pool or the spa.

No rule at all - just a few uptight people who seem to think that the ships' robes, (which BTW are almost identical to a cover up I have at home with the exception of length), are indecent to wear by the pool or the spa.

I don't really think that most of those who are opposed to the wearing of bath robes to/from the pool do so because they think it "indecent." Rather, my observation is that they believe that one's HAL-provided in-cabin bathrobe is intended for wear only within the cabin.

I know that some consider it a "visual train-wreck," and particularly so for those who wear them into the Lido or into any of the ship's public lounges (and we've seen other wars on this board regarding those who wear bath robes into the Neptune Lounge). Others seem to consider it a matter of propriety -- i.e., "it's just not something that is worn out in public." There are probably other reasons, too. However, I don't think that most assign issues of decency or indecency to the wearing of the bathrobes in public, and certainly no morality judgments.

Personally, I prefer to wear shorts and a t-shirt to and from the pool; and, I towel myself dry before putting my t-shirt back on after getting out of the pool (hence, no "wet t-shirt" contests for me).

I don't really think that most of those who are opposed to the wearing of bath robes to/from the pool do so because they think it "indecent." Rather, my observation is that they believe that one's HAL-provided in-cabin bathrobe is intended for wear only within the cabin.

I know that some consider it a "visual train-wreck," and particularly so for those who wear them into the Lido or into any of the ship's public lounges (and we've seen other wars on this board regarding those who wear bath robes into the Neptune Lounge). Others seem to consider it a matter of propriety -- i.e., "it's just not something that is worn out in public." There are probably other reasons, too. However, I don't think that most assign issues of decency or indecency to the wearing of the bathrobes in public, and certainly no morality judgments.

Personally, I prefer to wear shorts and a t-shirt to and from the pool; and, I towel myself dry before putting my t-shirt back on after getting out of the pool (hence, no "wet t-shirt" contests for me).

While I really don't care what others wear, I prefer a cover-up rather than wearing a robe. I like those Mu-Mu's and am going to get one before our next cruise. Hubby also prefers shorts and t-shirt over swimsuit.

Archived