Wearing a robe from room to the pool

Gunther1

Hmmmm, this really puts me in a dilemma. If I go to the hot tub I guess I have to find a tub cover up to wear. Since I wear a bathing suit to the pool which is not a pool suit, I guess I shouldn't be wearing it. So I guess I can't wear a bathrobe or a bathing suit to the pool. Does this mean I get to go skinny dipping? No wait I can wear that suit on my birthday. :)

I also have to ask. Shouldn't my wearing of the bathrobe be limited to the Bathroom. Should HAL install electronic monitors to make sure it never leaves it appropriate room?

What a dilemma, huh? You have a great sense of humor!!

This should probably be on another thread, but here goes...several cruises ago, the DW and I were sitting in the Lido enjoying an afternoon lunch, and a woman walks past us wearing her robe..get this...on backwards! Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately, not really sure) I missed it as I wasn't quite fast enough to turn around and see..oh yeah, DW says she was sans-a-bottom-covering,,YIKES

HAL actually encourages robe wearing outside of the cabin in the pool area...see post #70. So, you folks with robe phobias may need to take a deep breath and exhale slowly while rethinking your position. :D
If HAL expects ones to wear their bathrobe from the cabin to the cabana area, WHY would they provide them in the cabanas??? There wouldn't be a need.

Thankfully we've never seen other guests walking around the resorts we stay in bathrobes. Certainly NEVER in any eating establishment at home or away. Some here feel it is their prerogative to do so on a ship. While I would never say anything to anyone wearing a bathrobe, I will be thinking: tacky.

Do you folks really go out in public at home in bathrobes??? :eek:

IThe judge was wearing a robe.

But NOT a bathrobe.

I have a black Academic Robe (i.e. "Geneva Gown") that I, on rare occasions, wear for services where we don't have the Eucharist. But I wouldn't wear one of those robes from the stateroom to the poolside either.

And, no, we do NOT wear sorts on our vestments!!!!! :D ;) Well ... not normally.

If HAL expects ones to wear their bathrobe from the cabin to the cabana area, WHY would they provide them in the cabanas??? There wouldn't be a need.

Thankfully we've never seen other guests walking around the resorts we stay in bathrobes. Certainly NEVER in any eating establishment at home or away. Some here feel it is their prerogative to do so on a ship. While I would never say anything to anyone wearing a bathrobe, I will be thinking: tacky.

Yes. I have worn mine as I walked down the driveway to pick up the paper in the morning. I've sat out on my deck in it, and read the paper and drank a cup of coffee. I've worn it to and from my jacuzzi.

As others have said.... much ado about nothing, imo.

But NOT a bathrobe.

I have a black Academic Robe (i.e. "Geneva Gown") that I, on rare occasions, wear for services where we don't have the Eucharist. But I wouldn't wear one of those robes from the stateroom to the poolside either.

And, no, we do NOT wear sorts on our vestments!!!!! :D ;) Well ... not normally.

Heck, for all I know he does wear it around the bathroom.

EEEEEW. Okay. Bad visual. I love my judges, but I didn't need to think of them that way!

You need to wear something like a bathing suit cover-up. For both men and women a long t-shirt would do. For men, a shirt and shorts, and for women, a floaty sundress would also work.

The bathrobe is for use in your cabin.

I totally agree with Ruth,

in the end yes,we are all on holiday but it's not a private yatch where it's only you and your family.

From cabin to the pool,it's all furnished areas,and IMO walking around with a bath robe/swim suit in furnished areas,doesn't look nice.

plus,that's why designers produce those lovely beach dresses :)

happy cruising everybody!!!

In some circles, "It just isn't done."

For those in those circles, that's reason enough.

Perhaps "tacky" would be the way they would describe it.

I don't have a dog in this hunt. Just making an observation.

What I don't want to see is Rev Neal out by the pool wearing nothing except his Geneva Gown. That would be more than even I could stand !

Maybe I'm missing something here. I shortly will be taking my first HAL cruise, so I don't have any knowledge of the HAL cruise "experience" other than what I have read on these boards and in print. I have cruised NCL, RCL, Princess, Regent, Celebrity. All save Regent are "mass market" lines.

IMHO HAL is also a mass market line, and is attempting to draw more of a younger and family demographic to its ships. Greater demand from different groups equals more revenue per berth, and higher occupancy, one would think.

We are not in the grand old age of cruising anymore, with steamer trunks, etc. Even HAL, with its midsized fleet, has ships with the population of a decent sized town.

The Caribbean cruise I will be going I am certain will have many families aboard, and we will see many strolling around in public areas in just a swimsuit, and a t-shirt. God forbid, there may be some gentleman I see returning to his stateroom bare chested - I am willing to bet I will see that, as well.

I know I will go to and from the pool in the aforementioned swimsuit, and T-shirt. The wife will do the same in her swimsuit. And, yes, we very well may wear our bathrobes to and from spa appointments.

Yes. I have worn mine as I walked down the driveway to pick up the paper in the morning. I've sat out on my deck in it, and read the paper and drank a cup of coffee. I've worn it to and from my jacuzzi.

As others have said.... much ado about nothing, imo.

You're talking your property. Unless you live on the street (i.e. homeless) that isn't very public. I'm asking about going to the store, out to eat, running errands.... Public.

Some people wear the robes to the spa or thermal pool too.

I did that. Now, our room was on deck 8, and so we only went down the hall and up the stairs to the spa area. We were told they had robes and lockers, but I just did not care to change clothes in the spa area.

I would NEVER wear my robe into the lido restuarant to get coffee or breakfast in the morning. I have seen that, and I found that tacky. The pool area or the spa area is the only place I would wear my robe.

Maybe I'm missing something here.

IMHO HAL is also a mass market line, and is attempting to draw more of a younger and family demographic to its ships. Greater demand from different groups equals more revenue per berth, and higher occupancy, one would think.

So what you're saying is that people who sail mass-market, are younger, and are from a family demographic, have no sense of propriety. Is that it?

Even HAL, with its midsized fleet, has ships with the population of a decent sized town.
So, you go strolling around a decent sized town in a bathrobe??? If you saw someone doing so you wouldn't think it a little odd???

I have NO doubt that if someone would to wear a bathrobe to Wal-Mart they would be an excellent candidate for the peopleofwalmart web site. :eek:

Archived