Crown and anchor gifts no more!

I have just reached my diamond status. There are no more crown and anchor gifts unless you are diamond plus. I am still missing the chocolates on the pillows! For the diamonds they did offer free wine or champagne in one of the bars free for a few hours each night. Drinks are 25% off. They were very generous on the wine and heavy on the alcohol. The coupons book are almost useless. You had to buy a bottle over $50-$100 to get a discount. Most of the rest were things I would not use.

I am still a fan of RCCL as I like them overall. If things continue this way though, I think they will lose a few loyal cruisers.

Here we go again...................:eek:

And again.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Have you not been on Cruise Critic for a few months :)? These topics were discussed ad nauseum over the past year.

We were the recipients of the December gift, a pen and we quite like it. It's not the cheapie pens that are worth less than a dollar, more like a nice pen that would set you back maybe $5.99 at the local stationary store. It's a nice small size that fits into my purse real well. I read here on this board people complaining about the pen, so it was a nice surprise to find that it was better than what I expected. So, at least one RCI cruiser was happy with them.

I miss the chocolates too :( I never really used many of the coupons, nor did I care for the free gifts they used to leave, so I'm fine with it.

Change is never easy. WE had 50,000 points on our RCL visa. The plan was to go on a "free" 4 day cruise last fall (but to pay the difference and up grade to balcony). We probably would have spent another $500 on excursions, drinks, shopping and tips. After all the changes, we decided to apply it to our Feb. cruise instead ($500). The fall trip would have made us Diamond for the Feb. cruise, but the changes to the program, coupon books, "chocolates", etc just took the wind out of our sails and impacted their sale (of a cruise to us anyways). I guess it unWoWed us. (being from Chicago, we also saved what we would have spent on airfare to get to the free cruise). I don't understand why corporate doesn't understand that it's the little things that count for people. Reaching Diamond was going to be a "big deal", now - yawn - big deal - not. My gold coupon book used to be better than the last plat. one I got.

Change is not easy. Being promised perks only to have the rug pulled out from under you (AS in HA! HA! You really thought we meant to give you what we promised you all of these years - Jokes on you) leaves a bad taste in you mouth.

Upside = booked on the Ruby Princess next month. No longer have to persue RCL loyalty levels. If I see something interesting, I'll look into it. Other lines have itineries that include ports RCL doesn't visit. Through looking at a half empty glass. Looking at a half full glass and seeking a full one. (And yes, I do use the tote bags, toiletry bags, etc. I like getting gifts, even small ones!)

We still get the towel animals and they make great Birthday gifts:eek:

We get to stand in the shorter check in line:rolleyes:(when they can find the sign)

We get breakfast in the dining room with speciality coffee and a dedicated pool attendant.:o

We now get a free glass of wine on the smaller ships;)

On the bigger ships space permitting you may get to sit down in the Diamond Lounge:cool:

And of course the best thing is my Seapass card says I am Diamond and I can sell it on Ebay when I am done using it.:p

Well I think the benefits are still evolving (downward of course) and they really had to take away things so that when they change the diamond level requirement people will say 'oh who cares you didn't get anything anyway' and then they can start adding benefits at the new level of 50 or whatever it is going to be in order to make it 'desirable' again.

So let me understand this, if something has already been posted or discussed, no one else can start a topic about this? I don't think that's in the Cruiseritic guidelines anywhere. If it's already been discussed, big deal. The OP has every right to discuss this without worrying about other posters giving them a rough time. If the only purpose in replying to a thread is to remind the OP that this has been discussed, don't bother.

I personally enjoy the perks that once were. But unfortunately cost cutting is everywhere. So I'll have to enjoy my cruise without the extra perks.

If it's already been discussed, big deal. .

But the problem is that it's been discussed and discussed and discussed for the past year. If people aren't happy with RCI because of the chocolates, they should buy a box of Andees chocolates .... Why whine about them taking FREE perks? Enjoy your carnival trip.

And RummenRoman, I'd like extra butter on my popcorn and someone please toss me that flame retardant suit.

I have just reached my diamond status. There are no more crown and anchor gifts unless you are diamond plus. I am still missing the chocolates on the pillows! For the diamonds they did offer free wine or champagne in one of the bars free for a few hours each night. Drinks are 25% off. They were very generous on the wine and heavy on the alcohol. The coupons book are almost useless. You had to buy a bottle over $50-$100 to get a discount. Most of the rest were things I would not use.

I am still a fan of RCCL as I like them overall. If things continue this way though, I think they will lose a few loyal cruisers.

To the OP

D+ no longer receive C&A gifts. If you don't like the FREE coupons, then don't use them.

M

You still get the chocolate covered strawberries.

Although, last week on the Monarch, they cut the usual 6 down to 4.

Let's hope. On our recent Freedom sailing (Jan 2010) we did NOT get choc. strawberries. For the 7 night sailing, we got a plate of a few small cookies on night 3 - that was it!

We were so surprised that we did not get the strawberries or as many “deliveries” as we have had other all other sailings on all other ships, that we asked the LA if we were noted as D+ in the system. As our room key noted D+, she said we were.

M

Does that mean that D+ can't order their free gift any longer?

I agree that the December pen was quite a nice one - on a B2B we received one pen 'recognition' seemed to be a badge. We ungrateful lot felt that it was all a bit of a letdown after all the hype!!!

Does that mean that D+ can't order their free gift any longer?

I agree that the December pen was quite a nice one - on a B2B we received one pen 'recognition' seemed to be a badge. We ungrateful lot felt that it was all a bit of a letdown after all the hype!!!

You still can order the D+ ammenity. I was speaking of the general C&A gift that has been stopped.

M

Have you not been on Cruise Critic for a few months :)? These topics were discussed ad nauseum over the past year.

QUOTE]

....With all due respect;AND to come to the defense of the OP; there are new and veteran CC posters checking in and out all the time. The reason this topic and other topics (Like CCL vs RCI/booze smuggling...etc) come up so often is because they are HOT topics of great interest. If the topic is passe to you then MOVE ON and skip the patronizing comments.

OK...off my soapbox now :)

Mitch

I have no idea what you guys are talking about?! I get my gift every time and they are always waiting for me when I arrive in my stateroom the first day. A nice pen with the RCCL logo on it complete with clicky button on top, a notepad with the RCCL logo on it, and usually there are a few complimentary magazines on the coffee table! Let's not forget the C&A Society complimentary bath soap dispenser mounted in the shower, along with a couple of shoe mitts and a laundry bag emblazoned with the RCCL logo!

You guys must be looking in the wrong places!!! :eek:

Archived