Elite Mini-Bar Exchange

unboringuy

I would never complain about a gift!:rolleyes: However I do fell that each elite member should get a setup and not 1 per cabin.

I agree with your point, both my DH and I are elite... does not seem fair we only get one set up.

The swap for coffee cards is the entire mini bar--not just the liquor. That's an awful lot of weight to carry on board, plus you're not likely to get the liquor and beer past security. The water and soft drinks would be fine.

Maybe I did not explain proper. We just want to take the little bottles back on board to consume in our cabin. We are not thinking about beer, soda etcetera.

Then we use the new set-up to swap for coffee cards.

If they confiscate them they can use them again to set up our next mini bar. :D

Theo

We did this one time when we were moving from one ship to another. We had several mini bottles of gin. We placed them in a ziploc bag in our checked luggage and figured that, if they were confiscated, it was no large loss. They were not confiscated and we ended up bringing them and more from our new minibars back home.

I really wish Princess would simply hand out 20 drink coupons good for just one cruise instead of having the minibars. Two coupons per alcoholic beverage, one for non-alcoholic. It would be cheaper and much easier for the crew and it would allow people to enjoy the beverages they want where they want, not just gin, vodka, scotch, brandy or beer in their cabin. They could be used for cans of soda or water bottles or coffees. And maybe in the Elite Lounge we could get the drink of the day for just one coupon.

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

Per each Elite in the cabin! :(

I see advantage of mini bar is having drink in room, rather than going to bar to get. We love to have one as we are getting ready for dinner on balcony. That said we left some of the items we dont drink even though i did turn all minis into Vodka.

I see advantage of mini bar is having drink in room, rather than going to bar to get. We love to have one as we are getting ready for dinner on balcony. That said we left some of the items we dont drink even though i did turn all minis into Vodka.

Other then the sodas/water and beer, we get rid of everything else.

Trade most for more water/beer/soda.

Grab a rum/coke package.

Elite Mini-Bar

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine. You can choose one of the following:

Chardonnay Kendall-Jackson

Sauvignon Blanc Nobilo

Cabernet Sauvignon Kendall-Jackson

Pinot Noir Robert Mondavi.

Unwooded Chardonnay, Kendall Jackson (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Wyndhams, Bin 444 Cabernet Sauvignon (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

Brown Brothers, Shiraz (Dawn Princess, Sea Princess, Sun Princess - when based in Australia)

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

I must admit we like the Robert Mondavi Pinot Noir, but I can buy it at Safeway for less than $7 a bottle. Not a very good exchange.

I must admit we like the Robert Mondavi Pinot Noir, but I can buy it at Safeway for less than $7 a bottle. Not a very good exchange.

Or, you can trade the entire set-up for 20 cans of soda.

About $7 on land as well.

I really wish Princess would simply hand out 20 drink coupons good for just one cruise instead of having the minibars. Two coupons per alcoholic beverage, one for non-alcoholic. It would be cheaper and much easier for the crew and it would allow people to enjoy the beverages they want where they want, not just gin, vodka, scotch, brandy or beer in their cabin. They could be used for cans of soda or water bottles or coffees. And maybe in the Elite Lounge we could get the drink of the day for just one coupon.

+1

Great idea IMO

Srpilo

Has anyone attempted to trade out the bottles for the new IPA?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On the Royal in March, we were told by room service that it couldn't be done and that the SeaWitch IPA must be purchased in the bars. (It was not to my liking btw, but realize that it's very subjective.) On the positive side, the Royal had Chivas as the Scotch selection in the setups (we'd always had Dewar's in the past). We exchanged all the hard liquor for Chivas and thoroughly enjoyed it.

For reference:

Mini-Bar Princess (Free Setup for Elite & Full Suites) March 2015 Pricing (Crown Princess)

Item Description Cost x Qty = Total Value

Courvoisier V.S. (50ml miniature bottle) $6.25 x 2 = $12.50

Beefeater Gin (50ml miniature bottle) $4.95x 2 = $9.90

Skyy Vodka (50ml miniature bottle) $4.95 x 2 = $9.90

Dewar's Scotch Whisky (50ml miniature bottle) $4.95 x 2 = $9.90

Dos Equis Beer $4.95 x 2 = $9.90

Tonic Water (12oz can/bottle) $2.00 x 2 = $4.00

Coke Cola (12oz can) $2.00 x 2 = $4.00

Sprite (12oz can) $2.00 x 2 = $4.00

Bottle water (0.5 Liter) $2.00 x 2 = $4.00

Perrier (11oz can) $2.65 x 2 = $5.30

Total Items 20 (total value/cost $73.40)

If reordering 15% service charge will be added $11.01

Total Value/cost if purchased on board $84.41

For reference:

Mini-Bar Princess (Free Setup for Elite & Full Suites) March 2015 Pricing (Crown Princess)

Item Description Cost x Qty = Total Value

Courvoisier V.S. (50ml miniature bottle) $6.25 x 2 = $12.50

Beefeater Gin (50ml miniature bottle) $4.95x 2 = $9.90

Skyy Vodka (50ml miniature bottle) $4.95 x 2 = $9.90

Dewar's Scotch Whisky (50ml miniature bottle) $4.95 x 2 = $9.90

Dos Equis Beer $4.95 x 2 = $9.90

Tonic Water (12oz can/bottle) $2.00 x 2 = $4.00

Coke Cola (12oz can) $2.00 x 2 = $4.00

Sprite (12oz can) $2.00 x 2 = $4.00

Bottle water (0.5 Liter) $2.00 x 2 = $4.00

Perrier (11oz can) $2.65 x 2 = $5.30

Total Items 20 (total value/cost $73.40)

If reordering 15% service charge will be added $11.01

Total Value/cost if purchased on board $84.41

THANK YOU! This is the most up-to-date price list I have found, a great help for costing my own cruise on 04/17/2016 on the Golden Princess. I do know it's USD so must check the current conversion rate-am guesstimating to add 25% for approximate equivalent in AUD.

My friend, for whom I intended getting some miniatures like the Bar Set-Up has told me of several other souvenir choices she'd prefer, which are easier to pack for me. My 1st choice of her souvenir, she's asked if she can send money with me (and her measurements and choice of colours if available, don't think so-it's a tshirt or sweatshirt) was actually my OWN choice for her! Great minds think alike! Another friend advised getting some cans of soda, well I'll exchange the mini-bar cans for what I want, and collecting some cookies from the International Café, for the early morning munchies! She knows me only too well!

I know I'm certainly overanalysing potential problems, but I've learnt to research most thoroughly, and then it's usually uncontrollable weather causing the problems, which just has to be coped with. Yes, sunscreen, a hat and raincoat are already on the packing list, trying to think of all possibilities as I have a preferred brand of sunscreen, and am an awkward size for replacing clothing.

In a year's time, I should be sailing between Melbourne and Sydney, thoroughly enjoying myself. I've a long list of things to check and photograph to share the information with friends, so I might need a holiday to get over the holiday!:D

Crochetcruise. :cool: