Is it ok to bring?

I was wondering if there were any rules on bringing your own nalgene bottles on board? Has anyone brought their's with them? We wanted to use them to be able to have cold drinks all day. Our bottles are like nalgene bottles in shape but not quite as big and they are metal. Will it be a problem carrying them on in my carry on as long as they are empty? Any helpful advise would be great!

Thanks

I was wondering if there were any rules on bringing your own nalgene bottles on board? Has anyone brought their's with them? We wanted to use them to be able to have cold drinks all day. Our bottles are like nalgene bottles in shape but not quite as big and they are metal. Will it be a problem carrying them on in my carry on as long as they are empty? Any helpful advise would be great!

Thanks

Don't see why they'd care. Why are you worried about that?

It's the "plastic" that doesn't cause cancer....! Or, so they say! Who knows! It's what bicycle water bottles are made of....like a thermos, but not insulated!

Yes and No. Nalgene is a brand, primarily of water bottle and other camping equipment. The type "plastic" mentioned is called BPA. Older Nalgene bottles (like mine) are made of the BPA plastic (Lexan), but the newer ones are not. Reminds me, I should replace mine before our cruise! :)

Thanks

You'll be fine...I've seen people carrying them all the time on-board.

.... just PLEASE don't refill them directly from the public water dispensers!!:eek:

I've seen this referenced before - but what are the 'public water dispensers'?? I'm planning to bring my 40oz klean kanteen bottle and I want to be sure that I'll be able to get it filled up somewhere with drinkable water...

I've seen this referenced before - but what are the 'public water dispensers'?? I'm planning to bring my 40oz klean kanteen bottle and I want to be sure that I'll be able to get it filled up somewhere with drinkable water...

In the Windjammer buffet, you can get your own water out of typical countertop "tank-like" dispensers. Please don't fill your container directly from these, since contact can spread germs. Fill a glass (available right there at the counter), then fill your container from the glass.

That's all it is. :)

We brought a Brita water pitcher for the water. As for the bottles you are talking about you should be fine

They do sell a soda package that comes with a thermo type cup so as for the material I don't think you should have any issues

There is drinkable water everywhere ... the stuff out of your bathroom sink and shower is the same as the stuff being served (new, of course). They just have signs around asking you not to fill your personal liquid containers out of public nozzles.

What Bob said...and its really good H2O too, ever seen the special about that on the Travel channel...very interesting! 99.9% pure! Probably way better than your own home faucet, nothing added to the water like flouride.

We have a funny/scary story about these travel cups. We just got off the VOS last week (Spring Break cruise!) and we were using the cups the ship gives you for buying the soda package. We use them to keep all our drinks cold, including alcoholic ones and we've done it every time we cruise RCCL.

Well, my wife poured her Jack and Diet (yes, she purchased it onboard) into her cup and walked the Ship with it. No problem, of course, as usual. However, we went to enter the Vault (disco) and the security guard stopped her. He asked her to leave her cup with him before she went in and he would take care of it. She refused, said she'd rather leave the cup in her room and walked out. He followed her out and demanded to sniff her drink. She refused this as well -she's not in the habit of letting people put their nose in her drink! He started making a scene demanding the drink, physically restrained her and forcibly took the drink from her hand. He opened it, put his nose in it and started to call security. Obviously, we were confused at this point. What was the big deal? We are both WELL over 21! Next thing we know, he's telling us that he's is going to have our rooms searched. Then it dawns on us: he thinks we poured this drink in our room! (I know, duh!) Well, I immediately pulled out the receipt out of my pocket to prove it was bought on board. He called off the dogs, gave my wife her drink back and told us that it is not allowed to pour alcohol into the soda cups. We, of course, were beyond pissed (in more ways than one ;) ) and embarrassed. We reported the incident and got a $25 onboard credit. Big whoop.

I realize that this probably happened because it was a spring break cruise, but come on, dude. He had to realize that we weren't children that needed to sneak liquor on board. It was like we were guilty before he knew the situation and he had no problem embarrassing us.

Anyway, just be careful with your home-brought (or even ship-given) drink cups/containers/bottles. I'm sure this is an extreme occurrence, but you never know when and how they change their anti-outside-alcohol enforcement protocols.

Puddinman

That is a very wierd situation you were put in. I can't believe the guy cared about what was in your cup. And even if it was alcohol and you poured your drink in from the bar, its no different than walking around with your drink from the bar in an open glass. Its actually probably better because you are less likely to spill it and it is not a glass. They don't care when you walk around with your glass from the bar all over the ship but suddenly they are going to care about what you do with your own soda cup? Sorry to hear you had such an incident but thanks for sharing! I wonder if others have had any incidents like this one?

Archived