CD David Cole

lmaron

Does this mean you'll be on the 3/10/12 Sapphire Princess Hawaii sailing?? I've heard so many great things about you and never thought you'd be on our sailing. Please reply indicating whether or not you'll be on this sailing. Hope you won't be disembarking right before our cruise!

i will be on the march 10th cruise too mabye i will see u

Reply to Princess Cruise Lover - no, all the staff that was on Golden when you sailed have moved on to vacation and then other ships. All new team there, but they are a GREAT team. I know you'll have fun. Sorry I won't be there - my schedule changed and I'll be on Sapphire Princess. You'll have Lee Childers as CD at that time.

QUOTE=CruzwithDC;31417203]Reply to Princess Cruise Lover - no, all the staff that was on Golden when you sailed have moved on to vacation and then other ships. All new team there, but they are a GREAT team. I know you'll have fun. Sorry I won't be there - my schedule changed and I'll be on Sapphire Princess. You'll have Lee Childers as CD at that time.

David, one of the reasons we booked the Golden was for you and Eula. When you say the staff is on other ships, does that include Eula as well? BTW, we are sailing October 24, 2012.

Aloha Kākou, It saddens us that David will not be with us for this coming Hawaiian season, but I know he will have a great program for you all on the Sapphire. To answer Cruisinʻ Auntʻs question, as of right now we plan on being on the Golden for the 2012-13 season. Of course, no one can see that far into the future, but we have been on for the last four seasons, and we look forward to being there for the next one as well. If anyone ever has a question regarding our schedule, you can always post here, or send an email to us at eluamusic@aol.com. Aloha No, David "Kawika" Soreff (of Elua)

... all the staff that was on Golden when you sailed have moved on to vacation and then other ships. All new team there, but they are a GREAT team...

Dave,

We were on the Golden this August. We're now booked for the April 25 Hawaii sailing and were looking forward to seeing you again and that crazy Jimmy Lee from Calgary. Sounds like he's moved on as well. Do you know if he's still with Princess?

Edited by Adventures ahead

• 5 weeks later...
Dave,

We were on the Golden this August. We're now booked for the April 25 Hawaii sailing and were looking forward to seeing you again and that crazy Jimmy Lee from Calgary. Sounds like he's moved on as well. Do you know if he's still with Princess?

In reply to Adventures Ahead-Sorry to say I won't be here for your April Hawaii cruise. I'll be on vacation as of the 3rd week of March. You will have Billy Hygate as your Cruise Director by then. Sorry I won't be there to host your sailing! Dave Cole

Edited by CruzwithDC

Dave,

I've read quite a few posts about the different cruise directors on Cruise Critic and you seem to have quite a following ;). So far, I've never met any of the cruise directors on any of my previous cruises, but hope I have the chance to meet you at our Meet and Greet next week (this is the first one I'm actually organizing).

Donna

I just wanted to comment that , for all of the people that say the Cruise Director has no impact on their cruise, this thread belies that statement! ;) :D

We have sailed with Dave and agree with all of the posters who are either excited he will sail with them or sad that he won't.

I do have to say that the other Dave and Leiloha (Elua) are also wonderful and will still keep the fabulous Hawaiian experience alive aboard the Golden.

On our last cruise to Hawaii we were lucky enough to have all three and on our cruise next December we are excited that Elua will (hint, hint Princess) be onboard.

Aloha Kakou,

As far as I know, David will be on the Sapphire after drydock. Leialoha and I will be on the Golden for the remainder of this season. We look forward to having you with us onboard.

A Hui Hou,

Dave "Kawika" Soreff

(of Elua)

Brother Dave, we took a cruise with you a few years ago on the Golden, and are doing another cruise on her 4-11-2012. PLEASE tell me you and your lovely bride will be there again! You guys were one of the top 3 reasons I booked this cruise so we'll be devastated to learn you would not be there! I was a "Ukulele Master" then, but I really need more ukulele lessons again! Your playing and singing (uke and guitar) got me so inspired to play again, I picked up a guitar post-cruise after a 30 year sabbatical! And I want to watch my wife do the hula again!:rolleyes: We also need to get another autographed music CD!

Please reply to the address below or here on the forum.

deek589 @ bellsouth.net

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4

• 2 weeks later...

Dave,

I was on the Sapphire Christmas cruise and became a "Ukulele Master". I remember something you told the class, and that was to pick up the ukulele once a day and practice and it is great for the soul.

Well, I have stuck to it and that practice time everyday is a great stress reliever for me. I can actually make the cord changes for Margarittaville!

Mahalo Dave!

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Christmas 2011 Sapphire cruise and Dave Cole was our CD. We both felt like Dave was a personal friend by the time we left the ship. Add up all of the wonderful things people on these boards have ever said about Dave Cole and then add on more and you have Dave Cole in a nutshell. He is a fantastic and awesome CD for many, many reasons plus he is a very kind and considerate person.

Edited by JWJs

I hope Princess recognizes what a gem they have in David Cole. We have cruised on many different ships and have never had a CD who even comes close to being in the same league. I wish every CD could learn from David the art of being visible, friendly and truly engaged with passengers. He is in a class by himself as far as I'm concerned.

• 2 weeks later...

Aloha - This is Dave Cole (SA Cruise Director). The answer to the question about me being on for the March 24th cruise is - Yes! I was meant to end my tour on the 24th, but have just been extended until March 31st, as we will be introducing the new "Anytime Entertainment" on that particular voyage on Sapphire. See you then. .