Lobster...

srmsmg5

Once in the main dining rooms, or as often as you like in Cagneys- at $25 to go there and and extra $10 for lobster or surf and turf. In the MDR the lobster is small and over-cooked, at least it was for us, but you can ask for extra servings if yours is to your taste. The snails in the MDR on Saturday night are pretty good, although I hear the ones in La Bistro are much better, again at a premium price.;)

Here's my advice on getting great lobster as part of your cruise vacation:

1. Book a cruise out of Boston

2. Arrive in Boston a day early

3. Book a reasonably priced hotel with shuttle service (BW Roundhouse comes to mind)

4. Go to one of several hundred great restaurants and order Lobster

5. Go on cruise, enjoy the variety of food that's offered, and don't expect anything special in the lobster department!

Here's my advice on getting great lobster as part of your cruise vacation:

1. Book a cruise out of Boston

2. Arrive in Boston a day early

3. Book a reasonably priced hotel with shuttle service (BW Roundhouse comes to mind)

4. Go to one of several hundred great restaurants and order Lobster

5. Go on cruise, enjoy the variety of food that's offered, and don't expect anything special in the lobster department!

Now that is the best adivice I've seen on getting good lobsta!:D

the wife could nt decide on either the Beef Willington or Lobster Tail..so she order d both..:)

later during the cruise she ordered lobster tail in the SOHO..where she picked out her lobster from a tank and they cooked to order..

I forgot to try the Lobster in Cagney's last cruise - Is it Maine Lobster?

I had the Le Bistro lobster and it wasn't.

I had it once in CAgney's and was not overjoyed. The same as the Caribbean Lobster I had at Ruths Chris the other night, certainly not worth the money!!!!

the wife could nt decide on either the Beef Willington or Lobster Tail..so she order d both..:)

later during the cruise she ordered lobster tail in the SOHO..where she picked out her lobster from a tank and they cooked to order..

I used to love having the whole Maine lobster in Cagney's as well but NCL stopped carrying them within the last couple of years. Now in both Cagney's and Le Bistro, when you order lobster it's lobster tails. Just not the same.

However, I've also found a new favorite - like retiredonthesea mentions in the Cagney's thread - Alaskan king crab legs! They put on the butter and garlic and it is just yummy. Huge portion, too.:D

You can also get lobster in other specialty restaurants in various forms such as the warm lobster tacos in the Tex-Mex or the Szechuan style lobster in the Asian venue. Those carry a surcharge.

Frankly we've always enjoyed the tails in the MDR's even if they are smaller. I've very rarely had an overcooked one and they are quite tasty. And if you like them, you can always ask for more. It really only takes a couple of minutes for them to bring you additional. Don't forget the melted butter though.;)

My g/f is so looking forward to the Lobster tails - not that its the best, but just for lobster. If I remember correctly, even though there small - you can order 2 of them and it should suffice I would think, but will let you know when I get back from my cruise next weekend:D

also has no flavor...Well, not as much, let's put it that way.

I think Lobster has to come from NE or forget it.

Nita

I do not think you guys have actually had fresh spiny lobster, the meat is sweet and tender and to die for. I actually do not care for maine lobster at all. I am not sure the lobster they serve on Norwegian is spiny lobster as it is very expensive to buy. I would assume they serve the african rock lobster which is much cheaper and often confused with the caribbean spiny lobster.

Florida spiny lobster is very tasty and sweet. I'm originally from Miami and my dad was a fisherman; nothing beats fresh spiny lobster out of the sea. It is a different texture than northern lobster, a tad stringier, but very good. There are no claws, just tail meat. They tend to be smaller than northern lobster.

On the Sun once, we had lobster that was so overcooked, it was inedible. It was all mush and you could cut through it with your fork. Gross.

On other NCL cruises, the lobster has been just fine and not overcooked.

I recommend to eat early on lobster night, I've noticed that the lobster is less overcooked and they become drier and mushier as the night progresses.

Fresh NE Lobster is $4.99 a pound (regular) or $4.99 the whole piece (promotion) in the grocery store across the street from my home, here in Toronto, Canada.

Seafood (lobster, crab, fish and oyster) in higher altitude is taste-less. Seafood in the tropics tastes alot salty and is the best.

I used to love having the whole Maine lobster in Cagney's as well but NCL stopped carrying them within the last couple of years. Now in both Cagney's and Le Bistro' date=' when you order lobster it's lobster tails. Just not the same.

However, I've also found a new favorite - like retiredonthesea mentions in the Cagney's thread - Alaskan king crab legs! They put on the butter and garlic and it is just yummy. Huge portion, too.:D

You can also get lobster in other specialty restaurants in various forms such as the warm lobster tacos in the Tex-Mex or the Szechuan style lobster in the Asian venue. Those carry a surcharge.

Frankly we've always enjoyed the tails in the MDR's even if they are smaller. I've very rarely had an overcooked one and they are quite tasty. And if you like them, you can always ask for more. It really only takes a couple of minutes for them to bring you additional. Don't forget the melted butter though.;)[/quote']

I am convinced Crab legs are better than Lobster most of the time. I don't care if they are King Crab legs, Dunginas or blue, they are usually sweet and tender.

Nita

I do not think you guys have actually had fresh spiny lobster, the meat is sweet and tender and to die for. I actually do not care for maine lobster at all. I am not sure the lobster they serve on Norwegian is spiny lobster as it is very expensive to buy. I would assume they serve the african rock lobster which is much cheaper and often confused with the caribbean spiny lobster.

well that could be, but I have had Maine Lobster many times and think it is sweet and usually tender. The night before last we went to Ruths Chris and the Lobster tail was advertised as Caribbean Lobster tail, for $30.00 (a la carte) I hope it wasn't the same stuff we get frozen at Sams sometimes. We have also had Lobster in the Caribbean and in Florida that is advertised as Caribbean Lobster. We have been told, from time to time, what is served on NCL is Australian or maybe African rock Lobster. You are right about that.

Nita

Fresh NE Lobster is $4.99 a pound (regular) or $4.99 the whole piece (promotion) in the grocery store across the street from my home, here in Toronto, Canada.

Seafood (lobster, crab, fish and oyster) in higher altitude is taste-less. Seafood in the tropics tastes alot salty and is the best.

Boy do I wish we lived in Toronto then. Here, the cheapest and it is frozen is $9.95 a lb about once a year, usually it's about $15 to $20. Crab legs will be a cheap as $9.95 and are usually about $12.95.

Nita

I am convinced Crab legs are better than Lobster most of the time. I don't care if they are King Crab legs, Dunginas or blue, they are usually sweet and tender.

Nita

I prefer Dungeness, but where I live I can get them fresh...and to me, the best dungeness crab is from the body, not the legs.

Whatever it is, fresh is best (and it's darn near impossible to get fresh king crab in the lower 48)

Archived