Au'Naural top deck pools

KYCruiser111

No more topless sundecks, All gone. Mini golf has replaced most of the funnel deck adults only areas on Carnival ships. Carnival is trying to project a more family friendly image.

And what is wrong with weirdoes’? They are allowed to have some fun on cruise ship too.:D

Book a cruise that goes to any French island, including French St. Martin (which is about a 20-minute taxi ride from Dutch St. Maarten, where you'll dock.) You'll love Orient Beach, for the day that you're there! Few ships go to Martinique, Guadaloupe, or St. Bart's....pretty much because they don't want them there.

Book a cruise that goes to any French island, including French St. Martin (which is about a 20-minute taxi ride from Dutch St. Maarten, where you'll dock.) You'll love Orient Beach, for the day that you're there! Few ships go to Martinique, Guadaloupe, or St. Bart's....pretty much because they don't want them there.

St. Bart's only allows smaller ships. We went there on the Pacific Princess which holds about 670 passengers. We were told that that was about the maximum size they allow.

St. Bart's only allows smaller ships. We went there on the Pacific Princess which holds about 670 passengers. We were told that that was about the maximum size they allow.

Isn't that about the size of a tender on Oasis of the Seas? ;):D

Saw a few topless women on the beach in Costa Maya a couple of years ago. No one seemed concerned except the teen aged Gaukers, lol. I do confess that I sneaked a couple of pics; hurumph, as a souvenir of course.

Completely not true.

On the IOS they had a foward deck 12 called "St. Tropez" that you had to take stairs to get up. When I asked on of the lido deck waitress about what was up there, she said it was a clothing(top) optional.

But I guess you are the "expert".....

Completely not true.

On the IOS they had a foward deck 12 called "St. Tropez" that you had to take stairs to get up. When I asked on of the lido deck waitress about what was up there, she said it was a clothing(top) optional.

But I guess you are the "expert".....

Is it possible that technically you are both correct? I know that RCI has had a policy of using the St Tropez deck as at least a "tops optional for ladies" deck for European cruises. (Don't know if it's completely clothing optional.) Freedom and Liberty are in the Caribbean and Independence is in Europe, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Independence does have the tops optional deck available and Freedom and Liberty do not.

Happy cruising!

beachchick

You said,

The RCCL Freedom Class has a upper deck that is used for optional topless sunbathing.

Perhaps IOS does (leaving from Europe), but you can't lump Freedom and Liberty in there as well. IMO, you exaggerated by making a generalization which included two additional ships.

You said,

Perhaps IOS does (leaving from Europe), but you can't lump Freedom and Liberty in there as well. IMO, you exaggerated by making a generalization which included two additional ships.

The post said Freedom Class, doesn't that allow you to lump the sister ships together? Europe vs US re boob discussions always amaze me, anyone over 14 who cares should go to Europe, or at least Playa del Carmen!

We're going to St. Barts on HAL's Maasdam.

:D I won't be doing any topless tanning. ;)

All power to those who want to.

Is it possible that technically you are both correct? I know that RCI has had a policy of using the St Tropez deck as at least a "tops optional for ladies" deck for European cruises. (Don't know if it's completely clothing optional.) Freedom and Liberty are in the Caribbean and Independence is in Europe, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that Independence does have the tops optional deck available and Freedom and Liberty do not.

Happy cruising!

beachchick

That would be great if it were for ladies only!:D

The sad fact is that Orient Beach proves the point that most people older than about 19 look a whole lot better with some clothes ON.

Archived