Are you kidding me Royal Caribbean?

Our cruise History shows 3, #1 for the Eastern Caribbean and # 2 for the 15 day Hawaii. Am I correct, we need one more cruise of 14 days, to give us 5 credits.

You need one more cruise of 12 nights or longer, or a shorter cruise in a JS or above.

This happened to me also. Luckily I've kept everyone of my sign/sail/sea pass/room cards. I just read the folio #'s off and I was credited.

Sorry for your problems. RCL really does not have their act together.

Let's hope they have their act together when we sail on Liberty of the Seas next month. Looking forward to meeting the "pirates".

JPVending: take ANYTHING you might have from your cruises, even credit card statements for stuff you bought in port, or the charges on board the ship. Take this to the Loyalty Ambassador on board your next cruise and have him/her help you. The LA can email corporate for you and tell them you provided proof of the cruises. Good luck.

P.S. What the HECK is all this bickering about on this thread????????????????

Listen, I have had problems similar to this and have learned a few things about the system RCCL uses. First of all has any of your personal information changed over the years? Example: Address, name for even phone number that you use? RCCL's database uses some of this for their tracking in the database, yes I know you would think it is always the C&A number but it isn't always that way. For example, for some reason with me they had me in 2 databases (bet that is what is going on with you) and my address or phone number changed that I was using in the bookings. They kept having to merge the databases to get the number correct and that can take a few days. I suggest you make sure they don't have you in 2 databases that need to be mergered.

Hopefully this may be the same issue you are having and can be fixed with but will take patience.

FYI, I always save all my Sail and Sign cards now for proof of sailings.

This is true. I had this happen after the Oasis in January. RCI did some research and found three different databases that had to be merged.

Listen, I have had problems similar to this and have learned a few things about the system RCCL uses. First of all has any of your personal information changed over the years? Example: Address, name for even phone number that you use? RCCL's database uses some of this for their tracking in the database, yes I know you would think it is always the C&A number but it isn't always that way. For example, for some reason with me they had me in 2 databases (bet that is what is going on with you) and my address or phone number changed that I was using in the bookings. They kept having to merge the databases to get the number correct and that can take a few days. I suggest you make sure they don't have you in 2 databases that need to be mergered.

Hopefully this may be the same issue you are having and can be fixed with but will take patience.

FYI, I always save all my Sail and Sign cards now for proof of sailings.

This exact thing happened to my mother. Sometimes when I book family cruises I use my address for everyone and sometimes I guess I also use my parents for their cabin. I try not to use their address as I don't want paperwork going to their house and ruining their surprise. My mother ended up with two data bases that had to be merged. I didn't know there ws an issue until we boarded the ship and we were all platinum level but my mother was gold. The loyalty ambassador went on line and saw the two data bases with one containing her missing credit.

I am not sure why addresses or phone numbers should even figure into it. If they just went by C&A numbers it would seem to me that everything would stay straight.

The only problem I have had is that it takes "forever" to add a cruise I just completed to my cruise history.

We were on the Monarch the week of the 12th of April. Credit showed up in our C&A account by Wednesday this past week. :D:D:D

It is a good idea to keep a permanent record of past cruises if you are in a points club like C&A. Computers can screw up. We have had to send in validation once or twice.

Hi everybody, I have this exact same problem-I have been on RCI over 20 times, but, their records don't show it. When I started cruising, it was with my Mom and she just gave her address to the TA. I have moved a few times, but, my name has not changed (i'm single and ready to mingle;)). I have faxed copies of cards, folios, etc to c & a and they credited me with some cruises, but, not all. They have told me the TA had used my middle initial for some , but, not all of the cruises and that is one of the problems:confused:..but, my DOB has not changed! I had also noticed, back on the old comment cards, they gave 2 options, would you like to join C&A or no, thank you-there was no option for I am already a member! If we said yes, we were issued new numbers, if we said no, we weren't credited. This was back in the day before all these perks started piling up. My mother's name was even misspelled on several cruises (this was before 9/11) so hers is even more messed up than mine. She has cards for Marjorie, Marge, Mojorie,etc!! Maybe the next time I cruise, I should talk to the Loyalty Ambassador and see if she can look me up by all my different names, addresses,etc. Is there always an LA on board, I never saw one advertised on my Freedom cruise in January? I am Diamond, but, I would be Plus if they would get this straightened out....Maureen

I just booked a cruse with a TA and when she called the cruise in to RCCL they had me in the computer but my first name was misspelled so they said I had no C&A number or credits. As my TA hung on the line on hold, the booking department had to actually call the C&A department on another telephone to cross check C&A benefits. It appears the two databases do not interconnect.

A few years ago, it took nearly a year to have a cruise credited in the C&A database. I had to provide folio numbers as the actual passenger database apparently is not accessible by the C&A department.:confused:

Same thing happened to us, it took over 2 weeks to get it corrected. I first logged in one day to see 3 credits missing, and called to get it corrected. They corrected it alright, and lowered the number by yet another credit?? Another phone call, and it was lowered again - they claimed every time they did a reconciliation, the number came up differently.

Finally got ONE person, and after faxes and phone calls, finally got it right.

My advice, do it by phone, with a real person - one person/contact name. Then get it emailed to you so you have it in writing, listing the ships/dates.

They admitted that when there are B2B's, they don't have a good handle on them (that's an understatement)

And their advice to me - " just before you sail, email us your res# so we can make sure we get it credited." Wow, now I'm doing their bookeeping too.

I just cruised on the AOS that sailed on 4/11/10. I was a Crown and Anchor gold member with 4 cruise credits. On 4/24 Iwas on the Royal Caribbean site and noticed that my cruise had been posted and that I was a Platinum member. I had a balcony room and noticed that I had received only one cruise credit. A few years ago I got two credits for a balcony room. I questioned it to a Crown and Anchor rep and was told that only suites or 12 day or more cruises received 2 credits. Not only that but that my previous two credits for a balcony room was an error. I am sure that balcony rooms used to be worth two credits.

Leasons learned the hard way. Always use the same email address. New email equals new C&A number. Always use the same name, no abbreviations (unless you will always use them), and don't forget things like "Jr". I used a felt pen to write my name on my C&A card exactly the way I will always make reservations in the future. The RCI agent will often spell your name wrong or use an abbreviation. Always check and get it corrected before the cruise. They use two different computer systems and they don't talk well. We used to throw away our old "sea pass" cards, never again. If you use a credit card for a free companion fair, make sure that they give you credit. They do this by leaving the cruise on your record with a zero next to it and then reintering the cruise below it with a credit. Sounds like a dumb way to do it, but whatever works. I just want my credit.

The OP made an excellent point and it reminded me to immediately go to my C&A record online and do a printout or screenshot. That way, if there's a computer glitch in the system and my file is altered or erased, I have digital proof of my past history. I'm signing off here to go the RCCL web site now. Thanks for the heads up ;)

Just a suggestion email the screenshot to yourself. I do this with several different files(you never know when your computer might crash or something happen to your house burglary fire etc...)

I just cruised on the AOS that sailed on 4/11/10. I was a Crown and Anchor gold member with 4 cruise credits. On 4/24 Iwas on the Royal Caribbean site and noticed that my cruise had been posted and that I was a Platinum member. I had a balcony room and noticed that I had received only one cruise credit. A few years ago I got two credits for a balcony room. I questioned it to a Crown and Anchor rep and was told that only suites or 12 day or more cruises received 2 credits. Not only that but that my previous two credits for a balcony room was an error. I am sure that balcony rooms used to be worth two credits.

Regular balcony cabins were never 2 points as long as I can remember. You get an extra credit for a suite higher than a Junior suite. You also get an extra credit for any cruise that is 12 days or longer.

beachbuddy:

Regular balcony cabins were never 2 points as long as I can remember. You get an extra credit for a suite higher than a Junior suite. You also get an extra credit for any cruise that is 12 days or longer.

You are correct that just any balcony cabin has never earned two credits.

I am not sure of your wording about what does.

Any balcony cabin suite category, including a Junior Suite earns two credits.

12 nights and longer earns an extra credit also. The most one can earn is 3 credits per cruise.

EDIT:

I corrected that it is 12 nights. Cruises are never counted in days.

You are correct that just any balcony cabin has never earned two credits.

I am not sure of your wording about what does.

Any balcony cabin suite category, including a Junior Suite earns two credits.

12 nights and longer earns an extra credit also. The most one can earn is 3 credits per cruise.

EDIT:

I corrected that it is 12 nights. Cruises are never counted in days.

Yes, it's nights, not days.........LOL

Are you sure that a Junior suite earns an extra credit? I know they don't get Consierge service like the other suites do.

JS def gets an extra cedit :)

Oh, that's good to know. Thanks. We were in one back in 2002, we only got 1 credit for the cruise (11 night cruise). Maybe they started giving 2 credits after that. Even though we only got 1 credit we did have access to the Consierge and to me that was worth more than an extra credit........LOL

Patty

Excellent idea! Doing the same thing...

Did the exact same thing last year - printed out cruise history with number of credits and last week checked and one credit had been taken off, phoned C & A and told them I had print out and they corrected it. Had to go through the cruises one by one in date order and sure enough they had erased one of them for some reason - all restored now and correct, so printed page again !!!

Oh, that's good to know. Thanks. We were in one back in 2002, we only got 1 credit for the cruise (11 night cruise). Maybe they started giving 2 credits after that. Even though we only got 1 credit we did have access to the Consierge and to me that was worth more than an extra credit........LOL

Patty

The extra credit for a suite started in 2004.

We just cruised in March 2010 in a suite, which should have brought our credits up to 9, still Platinum. (7 cruises @ 1 credit plus 1 cruise in suite @ 2 credits = 9 total) After the cruise I checked both my and my husband's C&A records and saw that mine had updated correctly, but he was missing the 2 credits from our suite in March and that cruise wasn't in his history. Also our next reservation (Aug 2010) was not showing up on his C&A number, though it was on mine.

So...around the first of April, I took a look at his profile and saw that there was a small discrepancy with his name (the Jr.). (We had previously dealt with this on the phone about 2 years ago and we thought they had it right as all credits had been correct up to now.) I corrected the name for him online in his profile, and like magic his credits became correct and our Aug 2010 reservation was accessible under his C&A number. Then I looked at his cruise history......he had taken all the same cruises I had, and our March 2010 cruise was indeed now in his history, but an additional cruise from January 2002 had been added to the bottom of his history! (I gave him a very hard time for cruising without me and really wanted to know how he had pulled this off since I hadn't noticed a 7 day absence at that time.) This ghost cruise showed up only in the history as his number of credits was correct for the cruises he had actually taken.

So...he emailed C&A to let them know that a Jan 2002 cruise on the Explorer was showing up in his history and it was an error. First came an automated "we'll look into it" reply, then about a week or so later he received a reply thanking him for pointing out the error and saying that they had corrected it. So online we went to check things out.....now the Jan 2002 ghost cruise on the Explorer is in his cruise history TWICE and he has suddenly become Diamond.

Sorry for the long story.....but if one of you is missing a Jan 26 2002 cruise on the Explorer, it seems to be in his history. He will probably try to give it back to you, but he's decided to keep the Diamond status. We'll see if it works in August.....

Judy

Archived