Review of Half Moon Cay (cabana video & pics etc)

lilylight

ok for those who have been on HMC are you able to use your sail and sign card for drink purchases ?? someone on facebook was asking ohhh and in the shops ??

We were at HMC on Carnival back in December. The only method of payment we were aware of was CASH. no credit cards, no sign & sail.

That was with the local vendors in little open huts selling their crafts, jewelry, clothing, etc. When we got in line for the ship at the end of the day, the actual stores were already locked up. The only thing left open was the bar. so we grabbed souvenirs from the locals and high-tailed it to the water taxi's.

• 2 weeks later...

What time is lunch served? Are the lines horribly long for the buffet?

When you first board the ship and head to the desk, do they show you a diagram of the locations of the cabanas that also indicates where the restrooms and lunch buffet are?

Thanks so much!

When you first board the ship and head to the desk, do they show you a diagram of the locations of the cabanas that also indicates where the restrooms and lunch buffet are?

Thanks so much!

Yep, the show you a map of the beach area, the cabanas are numbered and you can see the proximity to the food area, restrooms, etc.

We didnt find the food lines too long at all...they had multiple stations open and they moved fast. I honestly cant remember the times but Id like to say 11-1 or something..? Also, youll have snacks in your cabana to tide you over :)

Thanks so much!

I am looking at at the program from our last visit. Lunch is served from 11:00 AM -1:30 PM. The food Pavilion is well organized and well equipped to handle any large crowds, so the food line flows quite smoothly.

Sailing May 22 on the Carnival Valor....just booked our cabana after looking at all the posts and pics about them. We are SO EXCITED!!:p

Looking for your vote on best cabana in regards to it 's location......

We just booked a cabana also! We are thinking of 6, 7 or 8. Can you hear music at any of these?

Another question is the clamshells...can they put them anywhere? I would hope someone wouldnt park in front of our cabana and ruin our view. What are the guidelines on this?

• 2 weeks later...

I see people mentioning going over on the 1st tenders at 8 or 8:30. Is this always the same time? We are supposed to be on HMC from 9:30 to 6 and are wondering how early we can get over there. We just rented a cabana today online and I'm so excited!

I see people mentioning going over on the 1st tenders at 8 or 8:30. Is this always the same time? We are supposed to be on HMC from 9:30 to 6 and are wondering how early we can get over there. We just rented a cabana today online and I'm so excited!

All depends on when the ship is in position, and ready to start tendering. The first tender is whenever that is reached. There aren't scheduled times, to my knowledge.

I have a cabana booked for our July cruise on the Valor. So looking forward to this port. From where the tender drops you off, to the walk to the beach, how long is it? Is everything pretty close together (food area, tender, cabana access) also is there any shopping to be had here?

I have a cabana booked for our July cruise on the Valor. So looking forward to this port. From where the tender drops you off, to the walk to the beach, how long is it? Is everything pretty close together (food area, tender, cabana access) also is there any shopping to be had here?

If you watch the videos on this thread, you will see how the cabanas are laid out:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1378367

The first cabana is about 5 minute walk from the tender. There is also a transport vehicle for cabana users.

The food is generally behind cabanas 3 and 4.

Yes there is shopping.

• 3 weeks later...
What exactly is included when you rent the Private Oasis? I've rented a cabana before, but would like to know more about the Private Oasis?

Just read down the main page for this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1358099

And there is another detailed description a little further back.

Does anyone know if there is a childs rate for the Oasis?

The Oasis is flat rate for up to 12 people. Over 12 people it is $99 per person. We were told there is no charge for an infant. Don't know at what age they would charge the full $99 per extra person rate.

Has anyone recently been to HMC? I was wondering if your cabanna was pre-assigned or did you get to pick your cabanna once on board. We reserved our on line. I didn't know if we should try to get on the ship early to pick our number or if they had already been selected based on when you booked online.

Has anyone recently been to HMC? I was wondering if your cabanna was pre-assigned or did you get to pick your cabanna once on board. We reserved our on line. I didn't know if we should try to get on the ship early to pick our number or if they had already been selected based on when you booked online.

I would really like to know the answer to this question, too. I booked on-line (thankful I did!) but would like to choose my cabana...

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,