The unbelievable just happened on our scheduled 25th Princess cruise.

Toto2Kansas

Thanks everyone for the well wishes and kind words. I am absolutely dumbfounded after all these years. We had received an upgrade on our very first Princess cruise so many years ago I don't even want to mention how long ago it was. But since then, it has just been a few minor 'in category' upgrades.

This is only a short 7 day cruise to the Eastern Caribbean, but my DH wanted to book it for a pre-birthday present to me. (Don't ask as it is a BIG one this year). ;)

I would love to say why I think we were upgraded, but we all know this is only speculation. We had just offered this AM to take a moveover offer if they needed our stateroom. Within an hour of our TA calling telling us that they were looking for moveovers mainly from balcony cabins, she received a fax telling her of our upgrade. Did that come into play with this? I have no idea. Did my TA put a bug in their ear? I have no idea. Is it because it is our 25th Princess sailing? Again, no idea.

All I know is that I am thrilled and happy to take them up on their offer. It will make for an even better birthday celebration for me this year. Thank You Princess (and it was nice to know that the upgrade fairy really does exist for us all).

Congratulations!

We have ruined our U/G karma forever; we usually sail B2Bs, which are hell on UGs, as they need the same cabin for two weeks to make it work.

We JUST got off CB on 5/9. In reviewing our email from 5/7, we turned our inside guarantees (J and K) for two upcoming cruises into a BA and BC balcony respectively.

Except.

They're 1NTs. ;0)

Congrats, TOTO!!! They should upgrade you!! I say that in all honesty - because after listening to you talk about your suite to Tahiti, I decided to book one on our Carribean trip. We are having a 20th anniversary this year!! I also got some great advice from you and Coral talking about discount TA's - you saved me over $800!!!! So see - what goes around comes around!!! Sometimes the karma works!!!!!!:D

Archived