On our way to the Emerald Princess.

Toto2Kansas

We have made it to the airport after a very early start this AM (before dawn). It's only been about 6-7 months since our last flight, but my how things have changed. We just got through security, and we didn't realize MCI had switched to the X-Ray scanners. I was wearing my jeans with the snaps on the back pockets. So after being X-Rayed, the snaps must have triggered a pat down. They offered to take me behind a screen for the search, but I told them it was fine and not needed. I got my backside patted down totally, and the female security guard and DH & I had a good laugh about it. I asked her if it was good for her, and she replied that if she smoked, whe would need to step outside for a smoke after that one. LOL What a way to begin a cruise. :)

From now on, I wear something with no snaps and only one zipper for all flights. All belts had to be removed, watches, wallets, any large necklaces or metal besides rings. Nothing at all in your pockets, and of course shoes off.

What amazes me more than anything, the security flying home from Tahiti to LAX last year was so relaxed, we could hardly believe it. So it seems that flying within the U.S now is more difficult then flying home from the South Pacific. :eek:

Sure glad I bring the netbook, as this waiting to board the flight is really a long one. Better shut things down and pack up for boarding. Hopefully the weather is warmer and better in Fort Lauderdale then it is in Kansas this morning, as it is very cold and rainy.

Glad you are doing a " live from" on your Emerald cruise! I always enjoy your reports. You are very fair minded about things on the ship! Have a safe flight and enjoy your cruise!

to Welcome you to Ft Lauderdale! :D

Hope you get to see some of our city while you are here. As for the weather....

Port Everglades, FL (33316) Weather

Updated: May 15, 2010, 1:30pm EDT

Right Now

Partly Cloudy

84° F

Feels Like: 89° F

Wind: From ESE at 16mph

Pollen count is kinda high so if you have allergies this might be an issue for today but once you are out to see that will clear up quickly.

Have a Great Cruise Toto!!!

AnitaMarie :cool:

Bon Voyage - laughing away at airport security - so glad you got one with a sense of humor. It seems the hoodie I prefer to wear for travel these days always earns me a pat down because it is rather loose. Last time, the female TSA agent seemed to enjoy it a bit much, but it was a pretty good massage.:) DH and I always have a good laugh after we get through the gauntlet, too.

Have a great cruise! I've got a terrific app on my iPhone so I can track where the Emerald is throughout the day. :) ROFL! I also check it for the wedding chapels and have viewed several weddings, including crew getting married. I feel like a voyeur. :)

Have a great cruise! I've got a terrific app on my iPhone so I can track where the Emerald is throughout the day. :) ROFL! I also check it for the wedding chapels and have viewed several weddings, including crew getting married. I feel like a voyeur. :)

There's been

The Wedding Singer;

The Wedding Date;

Wedding Crashers;

Now, coming to a theatre near you, The Wedding Voyeur. Starring Meryl Streep as Pam and George Clooney as Captain McCharming.

Archived