No more price drops for RC?

Honestly if the price drops that much you can always cancel and rebook, if its worth the price difference. You may not get the exact room you originally booked though. I think you have up till 2 or 3 months before to cancel with no penalty.

It goes way far beyond that, if it where that simple it would be great. Many if not most bookers have much more to lose than a cabin number...:eek:

Funny how this seems so simple..... to those who obviously are not grasping the issues yet.

Yes, amazing, isn't it?;)

Honestly if the price drops that much you can always cancel and rebook, if its worth the price difference. You may not get the exact room you originally booked though. I think you have up till 2 or 3 months before to cancel with no penalty.

Funny how this seems so simple..... to those who obviously are not grasping the issues yet.

It goes way far beyond that, if it where that simple it would be great. Many if not most bookers have much more to lose than a cabin number...:eek:

Yes, amazing, isn't it?;)

Let's see if they think it's that simple after they have tried it.;)

The issues he speaks of goes far beyond a cancelled stateroom and rebooking.............think about it.;)

Exactly Jim...

Hope all is well on your end and see you you-know-where...:D

Ya'll have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend...

I don't like crowds like that at Disney....longer lines in the sun....and the fast passes mentioned can not be picked up more than two total at any given time. Or is it one now?

Gina

Not trying to hijack this into a price drop/Disney thread but... As far as fastpasses are concerned once you get one you cannot get another until either the one you hold becomes active (within the return window) or 2 hours, whichever is less. However, it is Disneys policy to accept late fastpasses so in essence you can return anytime after the first time posted on the fastpass. We have used morning fastpasses well into the evening with no problem. Only one time did anyone even mention it (and it was only about a 1/2 hour late) but they still let us in. So by collecting your fastpasses through the day you can use them in the evening when lines are longer thus shortening your whole line waiting experience.

Not trying to hijack this into a price drop/Disney thread but... As far as fastpasses are concerned once you get one you cannot get another until either the one you hold becomes active (within the return window) or 2 hours, whichever is less. However, it is Disneys policy to accept late fastpasses so in essence you can return anytime after the first time posted on the fastpass. We have used morning fastpasses well into the evening with no problem. Only one time did anyone even mention it (and it was only about a 1/2 hour late) but they still let us in. So by collecting your fastpasses through the day you can use them in the evening when lines are longer thus shortening your whole line waiting experience.

Thanks! That's nice to know...one every two hours, use it or not! :) At least they let people show up late. I never knew that.

Gina

I have always thought it was strange that they will give refunds on prices we already have accepted.

Normally price reductions are given to move product/service which the past policy did not do. Wonder how an electronics dealer will react if you purchased a TV in the summer and later see the priced reduced for Christmas sale. I do not think you will get a refund then either.

I have always thought it was strange that they will give refunds on prices we already have accepted.

Normally price reductions are given to move product/service which the past policy did not do. Wonder how an electronics dealer will react if you purchased a TV in the summer and later see the priced reduced for Christmas sale. I do not think you will get a refund then either.

Your analogy simply does not apply. When you buy a TV you take it home and the transaction is over. When you buy a cruise you receive what you paid for several months later.

If you paid a store to get a TV for you that was out of stock and by the time it arrived it was selling for $300.00 less than what you initially gave the store I suspect you would be looking for the $300.00. I most certainly would.

Why do you find it strange that they offered price reductions in the past? It is in the cruise lines best interest to sell out cruises as early as possible. That way they get the cruise sold and they bring in millions of dollars in deposit money. One way to do that is to give people some piece of mind about price protection. That is why they do it. Now more folks will sit around holding onto their money longer and RCI will most likey know how well a cruise is going to sell much later than they used to.

Your analogy simply does not apply. When you buy a TV you take it home and the transaction is over. When you buy a cruise you receive what you paid for several months later.

If you paid a store to get a TV for you that was out of stock and by the time it arrived it was selling for $300.00 less than what you initially gave the store I suspect you would be looking for the $300.00. I most certainly would.

Why do you find it strange that they offered price reductions in the past? It is in the cruise lines best interest to sell out cruises as early as possible. That way they get the cruise sold and they bring in millions of dollars in deposit money. One way to do that is to give people some piece of mind about price protection. That is why they do it. Now more folks will sit around holding onto their money longer and RCI will most likey know how well a cruise is going to sell much later than they used to.

BINGO!

Well said...

The deposit money alone over a year sometimes 18 months is a huge boost on a huge scale, not to mention the fact they can track the sale of their product and adjust...

A small (compared to the total) number of individuals take advantage of watching the numbers...

I know the incentive for us to early book will disappear, I may disappear completely...:p Probably last minute shop all the lines and judge accordingly...

You will if you purchased it at Costco. Been there done that.

This may be the last straw to our 100% loyalty to RCCL. It will now be one line we look at rather than the only. We have cruised the last 12 years on RCCL, always booking a year in advance. Our group ranges from 20-60 people each year. We deposit and keep our eye on the prices. RCCL has our money for 12-18 months before we sail. Only a few times have we received a price adjustment, but on those years it has made the difference on whether several in our party were able to go. In all of those years, only 4 people have cancelled their reservation. However, it is RCCL's policy that if a price drops before final payment then they refund the difference, is how we get so many people to book with our family. Once they book, they become excited about going and find it hard to cancel. This new policy does not give any incentive to book early. Our group will wait and see and if something else pops up, another line or destination vacation, we will book.

This makes us so sad. Life was easy. Time for a vacation... let's call RCCL. For so long RCCL treated its customers as valued and their business plan was great as it definitely produced a huge loyal following. We never had reasons to look at any other cruise lines. Changing so many policies mid-relationship breads bad feelings for sure. RCCL is not the same cruise line it was when we started cruising many years before.

This may be a blessing in disguise as we will now look to explore other options for our vacations. I'm sure there are other cruise lines that are great and on land resorts are now an option. My point to RCCL is it IS the loyalty policies that keep us coming back. Loyalty goes both ways.

This may be a blessing in disguise as we will now look to explore other options for our vacations. I'm sure there are other cruise lines that are great and on land resorts are now an option. My point to RCCL is it IS the loyalty policies that keep us coming back. Loyalty goes both ways.

I agree and they have the right to adjust their policies as they see fit. It will either work, or it won't.

I consider myself a consistent, spending customer, so if they want to alienate me that is their prerogative and they must have some idea that there are plenty of people willing enough to pay a price and not care about someone else paying hundreds and possibly thousands, less than they did. It was good while it lasted, anyway.

This may be the last straw to our 100% loyalty to RCCL. It will now be one line we look at rather than the only. We have cruised the last 12 years on RCCL, always booking a year in advance. Our group ranges from 20-60 people each year. We deposit and keep our eye on the prices. RCCL has our money for 12-18 months before we sail. Only a few times have we received a price adjustment, but on those years it has made the difference on whether several in our party were able to go. In all of those years, only 4 people have cancelled their reservation. However, it is RCCL's policy that if a price drops before final payment then they refund the difference, is how we get so many people to book with our family. Once they book, they become excited about going and find it hard to cancel. This new policy does not give any incentive to book early. Our group will wait and see and if something else pops up, another line or destination vacation, we will book.

This makes us so sad. Life was easy. Time for a vacation... let's call RCCL. For so long RCCL treated its customers as valued and their business plan was great as it definitely produced a huge loyal following. We never had reasons to look at any other cruise lines. Changing so many policies mid-relationship breads bad feelings for sure. RCCL is not the same cruise line it was when we started cruising many years before.

You can still book early...........and you will still receive any/all price reductions up until final payment date. After final payment date is when it gets a little confusing.

Welcome to the Club, a good one to be in...

We made the move several years ago. RCCL used to be exclusive for us and we have found the other lines we use are more attune to it's customers. Trust me, make the move and you'll be very satisfied. Each cruise line does what it does very well and they are all different.

RCCL's customer appreciation has diminished to the max. If they think the allure of "status" means as much anymore then they are in for a surprise. They have raped the perks so much that free cocktails, etc. (not much) as compared to solid value for a week or two cruise just doesn't hold anymore...

Go for it!

To some the "status" means everything and that is great for them. We gave ours up and play the field now, much better IMHO! So now we have "status" in many cruise lines...:D

Lets see, price drop vs evening watered down cocktails???

You can still book early...........and you will still receive any/all price reductions up until final payment date. After final payment date is when it gets a little confusing.

Yea....the wording on Royal site and explanation of this is very confusing. You are correct before final you will still receive the price drop...what they really are wanting you to do is take in OBC but they will just take it off the final cost if that is what you want....after all you can just cancel at any time before final with no penalty....so they pretty much have to work with you. If it's within the 48hr window they will give you 110% of the difference in the form OBC. Now after final is where the hammer is coming down.....no more price reductions at all....no more downgrading to a lesser category or guaranty and taking an OBC....the ONLY thing you will be able to do is upgrade, IF AVAILABLE after final...there will be no refunding with OBC for any reservations made after May 17th. Reservations made before May 17th are grandfathered in and will still adhere to the old policy.

Not sure I like this.....this could mean that many people who think there is any chance of a price drop on a sailing or see a lot of availability still may be cancelling just prior to final and sitting it out.....I think Royal may be shooting themselves in the foot here on this one

Yea....the wording on Royal site and explanation of this is very confusing. You are correct before final you will still receive the price drop...what they really are wanting you to do is take in OBC but they will just take it off the final cost if that is what you want....after all you can just cancel at any time before final with no penalty....so they pretty much have to work with you. If it's within the 48hr window they will give you 110% of the difference in the form OBC. Now after final is where the hammer is coming down.....no more price reductions at all....no more downgrading to a lesser category or guaranty and taking an OBC....the ONLY thing you will be able to do is upgrade, IF AVAILABLE after final...there will be no refunding with OBC for any reservations made after May 17th. Reservations made before May 17th are grandfathered in and will still adhere to the old policy.

Not sure I like this.....this could mean that many people who think there is any chance of a price drop on a sailing or see a lot of availability still may be cancelling just prior to final and sitting it out.....I think Royal may be shooting themselves in the foot here on this one

This pretty much is my take on it too...

We used to pretty much sail only RCCL, now it is rare...

My wife is totally confined to a wheelchair (cannot walk or stand) so an accessible cabin is our ONLY choice. We have to book way out, sometimes 2 years and to upgrade does not happen, they don't even give you the choice, to many logistics for them!!!

They will get me once, but never twice, when that happens then we are done with them.

Way to many changes the past few years all of which are in their favor and IMHO poor business.

Life goes on...

After final payment is usually when you see the best price drops. I won't be booking early or maybe not even at all with RCCL now. I hope everyone is emailing their displeasure to RCCL. I certainly did.

All this aside for "The Day", The Lightside...

Thank you to all our Veterans and current serving our country.

God Bless you all and God Bless America.

My wife and I are truly grateful for all you've done...

VJ Day in Hawaii ~ August 14, 1945 (amazing video)

What a great day!

And check out those cars...............

Wow! Click on the link just below)

Enjoy!

USA-180-animated-flag-gifs.gif

I noticed that the Oasis has July Florida resident rates of $1499 for Balcony cabins that are usually $1899. Why would I want to make a deposit for next summer's cruise, knowing they probably can't fill 2 Oasis class ships, let alone one? We are Diamond members, who always planned about a year out but I just can't see why I would continue with thinking that way. It seems to make the most sense to plan within the 60-90 days final payment window. Anyone else agree or disagree?

Hi Patti,

When I read the new policy and the Q&A that was on the main Cruise Critic site, I got the "impression" that you could take advantage of all price drops....but to do so....you had to make your final payment - no matter how far in the future your sail date was.

Then, after the penalty period (60 to 90 days out), you do not get the price drop in dollars - but - if they had any higher level cabins that were THEN selling at what you paid, they would try to upgrade you. That's the part that gets very tricky since not all cabins go on sale and frequently the Jr. Suites and Suites are sold out when Balcony cabins are not.....

Is that your understanding?

As I said - "impression" - not a very well written / easy to understand policy!

Hi Patti,

When I read the new policy and the Q&A that was on the main Cruise Critic site, I got the "impression" that you could take advantage of all price drops....but to do so....you had to make your final payment - no matter how far in the future your sail date was.

Then, after the penalty period (60 to 90 days out), you do not get the price drop in dollars - but - if they had any higher level cabins that were THEN selling at what you paid, they would try to upgrade you. That's the part that gets very tricky since not all cabins go on sale and frequently the Jr. Suites and Suites are sold out when Balcony cabins are not.....

Is that your understanding?

As I said - "impression" - not a very well written / easy to understand policy!

If you book a cruise like we do 16 months in advance.......if any price reductions become available up until the final payment due date, which would be 70 days prior to sailing..........we would get the price reductions.

After final payment is made.........and the price goes down........no OBC, but you may be able to get an upgrade. I think??:o This is the part that needs to be clarified.

Archived