No more price drops for RC?

I saw the price on the Oasis for the May 29, 2010 sailing, for an ocean view guarantee category Y, dropped to $999.00 p/p.The price dropped late last night around 8 p.m.

Any one with a Y category, that booked before 5/17 and paid more than $999 has a small time frame (7 hours as of 10 a.m.)to still get the reductions.

I wonder if this is an indication as to just how late they will wait ( 117 +/- hours before sailing) for the price reductions to get additional passengers, while not having to honor price reductions for previous bookings.

I saw the price on the Oasis for the May 29, 2010 sailing, for an ocean view guarantee category Y, dropped to $999.00 p/p.The price dropped late last night around 8 p.m.

Any one with a Y category, that booked before 5/17 and paid more than $999 has a small time frame (7 hours as of 10 a.m.)to still get the reductions.

I wonder if this is an indication as to just how late they will wait ( 117 +/- hours before sailing) for the price reductions to get additional passengers, while not having to honor price reductions for previous bookings.

If they do, they may sail a few ships with max px's.

If they do, they may sail a few ships with max px's.

My math was off, they had 31 hours, now down to 28:37:30...It will be really interesting to see if and how much the price might drop inside 72 hours of departure.

I never go in the Summer. Feb. is a great time to go.

Fine if you don't have kids (I won't get into the taking your kids out of school thing) as long as you avoid the President's Day weekend. Early summer is not that bad, better than spring break. You have to know how to work the parks and do a little planning & research. Avoid the busiest park, get there for the rope drop, collect your fastpasses early for use in the evening, etc.

I had a conversation this morning with Samantha from Crown & Anchor. Here is a summary what I was able to clarify with her:

• Sailing is booked before final payment date and there is a rate drop within 48 hours of booking:
    Available Options:
    • Submit for the Best Price Guarantee Onboard Credit for 110% the difference in fare.
    • Request Onboard Credit equal to the difference in fare.
    • If cabins are available at your original rate in a higher category, request an upgrade.
    • Request the booking be changed to the new rate, thus lowering the total fare.

[*]Sailing is booked before final payment date and there is a rate drop more than 48 hours after booking but before final payment date:

Available Options:

• If cabins are available at your original rate in a higher category, request an upgrade.

[*]Sailing is booked before final payment date, there was a price drop within 48 hours of booking and you opted for the 110% of Onboard Credit AND there is another price drop before final payment date:

Available Options:

Note: This will only be at 100% of the difference in rate, not the 110% you had previously been awarded, but you will receive both Onboard Credits.

[*]Sailing is booked after final payment date and there is a rate drop within 48 hours of booking before sail-away date:

Available Options:

• Submit for the Best Price Guarantee Onboard Credit for 110% the difference in fare.

[*]Sailing is booked before final payment date, and there is a price drop after final payment date but before sail-away date:

Available Options:

• None
      Note: RCCL used to give the difference in Refundable Onboard Credit, they are no longer doing this.

[*]Sailing is booked after final payment date and there is a rate drop more than 48 hours after booking but before sail-away date:

Available Options:

• None
      Note: RCCL used to give the difference in Refundable Onboard Credit, they are no longer doing this.

this seems pretty clear to me.

I don't understand why it took 37 pages of ranting to find out that very little really has changed. Honestly, I never would expect any price break once I made a final payment. That's the price I was willing to pay. Anything RCI wanted to do for me after that is great...but certainly not expected.

I can understand booking early for the room you want and then watching for price drops and locking in the lower prices before final payment... but none of that has changed.

so... QUIT YOUR WHINING!!

enjoy your cruise.:D

I don't understand why it took 37 pages of ranting to find out that very little really has changed. Honestly, I never would expect any price break once I made a final payment. That's the price I was willing to pay. Anything RCI wanted to do for me after that is great...but certainly not expected.

I can understand booking early for the room you want and then watching for price drops and locking in the lower prices before final payment... but none of that has changed.

Why would you not expect something that existed and was fairly common?

GRRRRRRR!

I don't think you get it!

Can sure tell your a newbie to Cruise Critic though!;):p

yes i'm a newbie to this board and I should have probably qualified my statement given that the room categories i book are usually taken before there is any additional price drop anyway. For the last two cruises (including upcoming) there was no change in price (but actually slightly up) after final payment.

While it may seem clear, parts of it actually contradicts what RCCL stated in the Q&A they did with cruisecritic. And neither is even remotely close to the policy listed on RCCL's website.

I don't think people get it.

It's not that I am expecting a price drop, but if Royal is pricing thier cabins at one level for early bookers, and then discounting them $1000 after final, something is wrong.

I don't want to have to worry about a price drop that great after final. So maybe Royal should stop their pie in the sky pricing and price things reasonably from the outset.

What? They can't do that? It is too early? Well then it is certainly too early for me to book, and they can keep their extra underwear in the back room for when final comes and they still have 50% of their ship to fill.

I don't understand why it took 37 pages of ranting to find out that very little really has changed.

Since you are a newbie, I'll take it easy on you. ;) First of all, please fix your signature and put your cruises on top of one another because you are making the page wider than it should be.

The 37 pages of ranting are because of the words "cancel and rebook" that they sent out to the TAs. Something that you might not be aware of because, like you said, you are new, but when you cancel and rebook, you lose your OBCs from the sales.

If they didn't want the TAs to cancel and rebook to get the discounts then they shouldn't have put it in the language and the directions to the TAs.

And as of this date, they haven't corrected that information and sent out updates to the TAs.

I can't wait for the first price drop to happen for those who have OBC from the WOW sale. Then we'll see how it all plays out.

Since you are a newbie, I'll take it easy on you. ;) First of all, please fix your signature and put your cruises on top of one another because you are making the page wider than it should be.

Thank you so much for asking the poster to re-arrange his or her signature! It is so annoying when posts run off the page like that. But I never know if it's just my computer. Thanks for bringing it up. :):):)

Why would you not expect something that existed and was fairly common?

There you go being logical and RIGHT..........to me this is the essence of the whole thing..........here today and gone tomorrow.:p And those very loyal to RCI have no answer to this unless you use the old........well it's their company and they can do whatever they want.

And way way way way too many people!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't like crowds like that at Disney....longer lines in the sun....and the fast passes mentioned can not be picked up more than two total at any given time. Or is it one now?

Gina

yes i'm a newbie to this board and I should have probably qualified my statement given that the room categories i book are usually taken before there is any additional price drop anyway. For the last two cruises (including upcoming) there was no change in price (but actually slightly up) after final payment.

So being new to the boards, basing your remarks on only two RCI cruises, and not having a full grasp of the situation you tell us all to stop whining. Welcome to the community.:rolleyes:

First of all, please fix your signature and put your cruises on top of one another because you are making the page wider than it should be.

Thank you so much for asking the poster to re-arrange his or her signature!

Other posters have argued to stretch the sigs out so the page wasn't "longer" than it needed to be. I had mine listed vertically, then moved them to horizontally. Now I don't know what to do.:(

Other posters have argued to stretch the sigs out so the page wasn't "longer" than it needed to be. I had mine listed vertically, then moved them to horizontally. Now I don't know what to do.:(

They can go horizontally as long as they don't go so far as to make people need to scroll left to right across the page. It really doesn't matter how long vertically they go. Some people are probably just jealous of all the cruises. :D

You can always make the font smaller to keep it from going to far vertically - that will allow more to fit horizontally, too. I find a horizontal signature much easier to read and make sense of - one cruise per line...or I tend to not look at them. It's too jumbled for my eyes with too much going on horizontally.

Gina

LOL....OK.....I'll cry UNCLE! No more NC discussion.:D

Not so fast Patti........ I'd like to throw my .02c I also have a 2007 NC with all the Grand Fathering which I was told was for the owner only. The friends of the family part was not fully grand Fathered.......right?......huh?

On the other side of the coin, we just got trip ins. for the Jewel SR BTB T/A that's covering the volcano flight delays from IMTdot com. :) Still on a day to day yes/no coverage. Se you there. We lost our friends who were on the first leg because he couldn't take the chance of getting delayed in London. :(

Mike

Not so fast Patti........ I'd like to throw my .02c I also have a 2007 NC with all the Grand Fathering which I was told was for the owner only. The friends of the family part was not fully grand Fathered.......right?......huh?

On the other side of the coin, we just got trip ins. for the Jewel SR BTB T/A that's covering the volcano flight delays from IMTdot com. :) Still on a day to day yes/no coverage. Se you there. We lost our friends who were on the first leg because he couldn't take the chance of getting delayed in London. :(

Mike

OK, for you Mike, one more question about NC. :D As far as I know, those Certs for F&F should still hold the same conditions today that they did back in 2007 when you purchased your NC. Everything should be grandfathered in because the Certs are tied to your NC booking number that was assigned.

And, if they give you any lip.........I would definitely argue the point.

We shall se what happens. I used my NC from December 09 to book a quickie on Monarch in August. My booking has the December date so if there is a price drop after June 24 I will find out how it is handled.

We shall se what happens. I used my NC from December 09 to book a quickie on Monarch in August. My booking has the December date so if there is a price drop after June 24 I will find out how it is handled.

You may have to remind them of the date of purchase. They sometimes either overlook that part or don't pay any attention to it.

Honestly if the price drops that much you can always cancel and rebook, if its worth the price difference. You may not get the exact room you originally booked though. I think you have up till 2 or 3 months before to cancel with no penalty.

Archived